Super Moderator

Default De Liz Takes a Back to Basics Approach for "Legend of Wonder Woman"

Writer/artist Renea De Liz promises an origin worth of the iconic character, teases a mystery villain and discusses the return of a classic Etta Candy!

Full article here.

Mighty Member

Minor gripe for what looks like a very cool comic, but why wasn't this part of the New 52/DC You continuity? I can devote so much brain space to comics, so it gets pretty confusing to have random stories about DIFFERENT versions of the same character...

Is this an in continuity series or one from a different Earth?

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

"I did get rid of weapons. I really love the visual of Wonder Woman with a shield and sword, like a traditional Amazon, but in reality, it never made sense to me. She's supposed to be the icon of light and truth, and you can't really be that if you're out slicing necks, or stabbing people to death. Her strength, instincts and lasso are all she truly needs to handle most situations."

I love this already. <3

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I love this quote from Renea:

"I did get rid of weapons. I really love the visual of Wonder Woman with a shield and sword, like a traditional Amazon, but in reality, it never made sense to me. She's supposed to be the icon of light and truth, and you can't really be that if you're out slicing necks, or stabbing people to death. Her strength, instincts and lasso are all she truly needs to handle most situations."

Finally - a modern writer gets Diana to a "T". The lasso, bracelets, tiara, and Invisible Jet are the only accessories that Diana needs.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I love this quote from Renea:

Finally - a modern writer gets Diana to a "T". The lasso, bracelets, tiara, and Invisible Jet are the only accessories that Diana needs.
    Yes, it seems someone is interested in writing a version of WW that resembles the one I grew up enjoying.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

This sounds really awesome! Can't wait to read it .

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post

I love this already. <3
    I was so hoping this version would revert back to a Wonder Woman who does not carry a sword.

When she first started using/carrying a sword I thought it made sense, I loved the visuals, but it has taken over. She has sword gauntlets now!!

Wonder Woman does not need a sword or other weapons to defeat her enemies, she uses her brains, her skills, and most important her compassion. This is starting to sound a lot like the Wonder Woman I have loved since the seventies, with some nice new twists in the story, it has been a long time coming and I can barely wait for each new issue.

ML

Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post
    Minor gripe for what looks like a very cool comic, but why wasn't this part of the New 52/DC You continuity? I can devote so much brain space to comics, so it gets pretty confusing to have random stories about DIFFERENT versions of the same character...

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Is this an in continuity series or one from a different Earth?
    No it's not in continuity with the New 52. It's a completely different Earth.

Count me in among those excited to see this more traditional approach to Wonder Woman. It's not just nostalgia-- I honestly think the idea of the hero who champions peace and truth is just more interesting than the generic "warrior woman" approach to the character that has frequently been so popular in recent years. Looking forward to this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post
    I don't think it get confusing, at least for older fans. the problem is justify 3 different origins in like 4 years, it can be very confusing to new fans.

I really like what renae said about weapons, ww is strong enough to use her fist and lassos. ditch the sword

Renae is really an island of WW passion in an ocean of bad fan-fiction-crawled-into-canon.

I'm ready to support the real WW with my money!!!

Amazing Member

I'm excited about so many things in this series, but the one that trumps them all is the return of Etta! Cannot wait for her debut.