Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

I'm not sure how to feel about that. On the one hand we won't get a new vision for the franchise, but on the other we know it probably won't get any worse...

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    Meh, would have preferred him taking a backseat and letting someone else drive for a change. His x-flicks aren't bad but they feel very stale and like "been there, done that". I'd like to see something else already. And a little more focus on the X-Men as a team and not just individual characters who aren't really actual X-Men as much as they are just villains or whatever.

I could get behind this

Wow, now that I think about it, you'r right! She would probably be better as Rogue!

That's a pretty good way of putting it. While Singer's films have been far better than the ones without him it feels like he holds X-Men down and doesn't let them progress beyond the status quo he sees them in. There has been very little progress or development in X-Men for anyone not named Wolverine, Mystique Magneto or Professor X.
    Well, given that the last time he left we got "The Last Stand"................

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Let's give the new actress a chance before we write her off as "weak as hell." That was how Berry played it, not how the character was written, by-and-large.
    Quote Originally Posted by VilotorioFabiano View Post
    I have a feeling the new actress will impress us. The problem though is that she's not a famous actress so FOX will not give her a lead role. That's my fear with Cyclops too. Halle Berry sucked but if she hadn't been famous already, Storms role in the franchise would've diminished to Cyclops level.
    Didn't that child say that Halle was her inspiration and she would try her best to match her Storm performance to Berry's?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Didn't that child say that Halle was her inspiration and she would try her best to match her Storm performance to Berry's?

She actually read the comics unlike Halle and did her homework.

BANNED

I've never understood the Halle Berry hate vs. the-material-Halle-Berry-was-given hate.

She's a fine, and beautiful, actress.

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    She actually read the comics unlike Halle and did her homework.
    If she did and changed her mind about how to play Ororo then good because the interview I read just made me pity her, pity Storm and pity the world in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I've never understood the Halle Berry hate vs. the-material-Halle-Berry-was-given hate.

She's a fine, and beautiful, actress.
    The material was shit sure but Berry was just NOT the right fit for Storm regardless. The casting was a prime example of laziness and how only a token few of POC actors and actresses in Hollywood are given chances to shine/be marginalized onscreen as opposed to off screen.

I know some people don't like singer but I think this is good news. All of the xfilms he has directed have been well received. I'd rather stick with his consistency than worry about what a new director may do wrong.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Maybe Singer is taking on the New Mutants project, that Fox announced. Or perhaps he wants to do HIS version of the Phoenix Saga with the 80's cast of Apocalypse.

We're having director for New Mutants Yeah I think it is likely we're gonna get a real Phoenix Saga this time like Michael Dougherty mentioned a few months ago.

Ultimate Member

YEY!!!!!! Bryan Singer returns! The franchise will stay in excellent hands (and arguably make Singer the only openly LGBT director ever put in charge -- with full faith -- of a franchise)
    How about Joel Schumacher?

Seriously though, I agree the franchise is in good hands.

I think another director should be brought in under Singer's gaze.

First Class is my second favorite X-movie (after X-2) and the Singer/Vaughn combination on that movie was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

OK lets look at this from the outside for a moment.
    No matter what you personally think about Halle Berry and her performance she still is a very famous and successful actress with a long list of stuff she has been in and awards that she won for that. This new girl is a nobody compared to her.
    I don't think talking bad about your predecessor in public who also happens to be a role model for women of color in Hollywood is the way to go if you want to continue climbing the ladder.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by VilotorioFabiano View Post
    Movie Mystique and Comics Mystique are two totally different beings. JLaw just doesn't have what it takes to play a mysterious woman with an exotic personality. Her personality would've been a better fit for Rogue.

And LOL, at the title of this thread being the thing that's upsetting people the most.
    "Mysterious woman with an exotic personality" is pretty much a dime a dozen in fiction anyway. There's a lot more depth to JLaw's Mystique.

Let's give the new actress a chance before we write her off as "weak as hell." That was how Berry played it, not how the character was written, by-and-large.
    Berry asked for a scene where she has trouble with Toad and needed to be saved from Sabretooth by Logan?

This is awful if true. :/
    I was really hoping someone new would take over after Apocalypse and we would actually get a director who knows how to use ensemble casts and progress characterization for everyone. Le sigh.