Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Futures End #6 spoilers

Spoilers incoming,

Beyond Batman notices that Plastique looks like his cyborg friend and spies on her, Key and Coil having a meeting. Safe to assume that he is going to use them for breaking into terrifitech.
    Terrific "tracks" down Beyond Batman's secret identity via cameras.
    Palmer, Amethyst and Frankenstein are going to fly via Phantom Zone. At some point Palmer, Terrific and Green Arrow managed to contain Phantom Zone and now it can be used for quick transportation. Palmer is a nerd.
    Idea is that they are going to shrink to very small size and enter/leave it before any of the prisoners notice them. Unfortunately they get hit by "bolt of unknown energy" and grow to normal size. Bunch of prisoners attack, they are chased away by Amethyst and Frankenstein and then Black Adam appears.
    Bar, Raymond is drunk and acting like a jerk. Gets punched in the face and thrown away by Red Robin.
    Lois was also at the bar and tries to confront him about being Red Robin, he denies everything and shows her the door.
    Faraday is trailing Lois, he is interested in who left the tip for her (apparently her research would eventually lead her to Faraday and his friends).
    He attempts to make a move against her and is grabbed by biker Superman. Basically he says that she is off limits. Faraday ponders on who exactly is behind that mask.

I really enjoyed this issue - the general lack of Firestorm (bar a drunken Ronnie) really helped! Love how Terry is just strutting around with a trolley full of cyborg, bickering with ALFRED.

Astonishing Member

it was interesting that when a parademon said "hail Darkseid," Amethyst said something like "you're a little late for that." I wonder if we'll
    Find out that Darkseid is supposed to have been killed in the war
    (Or by the Anti-Monitor).

Astonishing Member

I'm quite liking that Tim Drake has been a Secret Main Character in these early bits - between Eternal, the new Titans creative team and this it's like DC have decided to, y'know, use the character. I'm not even a massive fan, but that's overdue.

Incredible Member

This issue was great and has me much more interested in this series. Mr.T knows about Batman Beyond so what is he going to do about it?. How did the parademons and Black Adam get to PZ? What did Bruce or heroes in general do that Red Robin says that he was never a partner. Why is Faraday following Lois and how did Superman know about that and why is he keeping an eye on her. Excited to see how all these tie together.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    it was interesting that when a parademon said "hail Darkseid," Amethyst said something like "you're a little late for that." I wonder if we'll
    Find out that Darkseid is supposed to have been killed in the war
    (Or by the Anti-Monitor).
    Yeah I found that pretty interesting. insinuating that Darkseid was killed in the war with the Anti-Monitor. Or they killed each other.

Mighty Member

Probably the best issue yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by golgi View Post
    Probably the best issue yet.
    I agree!

I think the masked Superman is Clark Kent from Earth-2.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    I agree!

I was thinking Val-Zod...

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I agree!

This is crazy and insane and bare with me on this but I think it's just..Clark Kent.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the "war" that is getting mentioned? is it still unknown?

BANNED

I agree!

No...Because his wife, the robot lois is at cadmus island.

I think is clark kent or maybe val zod. well It can be superman from earth 2

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but what is the "war" that is getting mentioned? is it still unknown?
    There was a earth netween earth 2 and earth prime, earth prime won

Loved the issue. Can't wait to see some Batman Beyond action soon and I felt this issue did a great job with everyone's story.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    There was a earth netween earth 2 and earth prime, earth prime won
    Animal Man, in his eulogy for Green Arrow, made it sound more like the people of the two earths were on the same side side of a war against Apokolips, whose forces had chased Earth 2 refugees to Earth Prime. It was after this war, Animal Man says, that the friction between the people of the two earths really came to the fore.