Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    Animal Man, in his eulogy for Green Arrow, made it sound more like the people of the two earths were on the same side side of a war against Apokolips, whose forces had chased Earth 2 refugees to Earth Prime. It was after this war, Animal Man says, that the friction between the people of the two earths really came to the fore.
    That eulogy not only read heartfelt but also helped to provide a lot of groundwork for this series. Im not caught up but I've enjoyed it quite a bit so far.

Well, I've liked it except for the two guys that make up Firestorm, whatever their names are - this is my first time ever reading anything involving that character and I find both of them so annoying.

For the folks who said Future's End was not a direct Wildstorm lift, you're going to want to take a look at Stormwatch: Team Achilles.

Ideas for Masked Superman are still these two:

1. The Eradicator, taking up the cause of a missing Superman since he has no other purpose for existing.

2. Kal-El, scarred physically and mentally from the war.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post

1. The Eradicator, taking up the cause of a missing Superman since he has no other purpose for existing.

That or Jon Lane Kent reformed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dangleo61288 View Post
    That or Jon Lane Kent reformed.
    I doubt DC would go there...

Quote Originally Posted by golgi View Post
    Probably the best issue yet.
    +1

10char
    #MagnetoWasRight

What if it's Bizarro.

Kinda unlikely, as he can talk right and appears intelligent. While five years into the future would indeed fit for Bizarro's completion, per Luthor's request he'd still be the incomplete version he was in Forever Evil.

Or Earth-3 Superman hiding from the sunlight, or the next B-Zero (Bizarro) that Lex just started and will take 5 years to grow.

BANNED

Superman's body has been penetrated and showered with Kryptonite. Not the green kind, the Fortress of Solitude kind. That's a containment suit.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    For the folks who said Future's End was not a direct Wildstorm lift, you're going to want to take a look at Stormwatch: Team Achilles.
    What do you mean? I do remember TA though. One of Portacio's best work.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beetle_booster View Post
    What do you mean? I do remember TA though. One of Portacio's best work.
    Ask yourself if this -

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    At some point Palmer, Terrific and Green Arrow managed to contain Phantom Zone and now it can be used for quick transportation.
    reminds you of anything.

I am out of the loop and trying to catch up with what is going on in the comics world but this series is sounding interesting but I have some quick questions

Is it tied to Batman Eternal?

Do we know which writer is focusing on which character?

And was the controversy over Mister Terrific a valid complaint? (this last one is highly subjective and probably covered in depth in another thread so if possible a link would suffice instead of a direct answer).
    “Nothing is harder to understand than a symbolic work. A symbol always transcends the one who makes use of it and makes him say in reality more than he is aware of expressing.”
    ― Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by doctormistermaster View Post
    I am out of the loop and trying to catch up with what is going on in the comics world but this series is sounding interesting but I have some quick questions

Is it tied to Batman Eternal?
    No, there hasn't been any signs of that yet. It's set five years into the future of the current DCU, and it's premise is based on an outcome another five or more years after that. For the most part everyone agrees that this story is unlikely to have any impact on the current DCU or that at the end of the story that this future will happen to the New 52.

Do we know which writer is focusing on which character?
    I think the idea is they all focus on one part of the story more than just any one character.

]And was the controversy over Mister Terrific a valid complaint? (this last one is highly subjective and probably covered in depth in another thread so if possible a link would suffice instead of a direct answer).
    I haven't seen another thread about the Mr Terrific attitude yet. I've heard that it's pretty accurate to his solo title, but when compared to the Earth 2 character he is acting more like Sloan than Holt. Since these two Earth's have merged in this story, I think there is more to it than him just being a jerk.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    No, there hasn't been any signs of that yet. It's set five years into the future of the current DCU, and it's premise is based on an outcome another five or more years after that. For the most part everyone agrees that this story is unlikely to have any impact on the current DCU or that at the end of the story that this future will happen to the New 52..
    I don't know about the "everyone" part of your post, but the writers have said in interviews that there will be elements in this series that will, in either Azzarelo or Jurgen's word, "wrinkle" into the current DCU.