Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    we already mentioned SMvFL and PIS in another thread. unless that particular enemy has some impressive speed feats under his belt, that feat is not admissible. not saying that the flash can't be tagged but to those times to count would require the person doing the tagging would have to have speed feats equal to or greater than that flash. (can't tell which one that is)

in other, we don't always take what's shown on panel if it doesn't jive with the character's high end presentation.
    Tagging someone isn't just a question of raw speed.

What is your combat experience exactly ?

The timing and the positioning are crucial in a fight and so far the Flash never proved himself impossible to tag.

He don't have a full awareness of the battlefield, nor enough combat skills to anticipate every moves of his opponents.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    Just for the record :

Attachment 29319

Flash can be tagged.
    So, just for the record.

Is that Flash, without any limiters or current weaknesses, getting hit by someone without vast amounts of superspeed? And that's being posted as a argument against a point here?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Tagging someone isn't just a question of raw speed.

What is your combat experience exactly ?

The timing and the positioning are crucial in a fight and so far the Flash never proved himself impossible to tag.

He don't have a full awareness of the battlefield, nor enough combat skills to anticipate every moves of his opponents.
    it is when the person you are tagging is flash, especially if it's a flash named wally west.

my combat experience has jack all to do with the discussion at hand. we are talking about feats and what are usable and not usable.

let's take deathstroke vs. flash in "identity crisis".

now wally is a guy who at his fastest is clocked many thousands times the speed of light. (and i'm lowballing here). he's done shit like evacuate 1/4 million people from a city that was being destroyed by a nuke as it was going off, have two separate fights on two opposite sides of the planet in two different costumes at the same time and no one behind able to tell he was doing it, and saving the entire justice league from a series well placed time bombs so fast that even superman who can go FTL couldn't see him doing it.

now slade had no feats up before or after that fight to show that he had the necessary speed, reaction time, or reflexes to even comprehend that wally was doing anything to him and yet he tagged him like it was nothing.

for wally, this is PIS, meaning he got tagged because the plot demanded it and for slade, this is SMvFL, meaning that nothing in his history would allow him to do what he did. so the feat in and of itself is unusable.

that's how we do things here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    So, just for the record.

Is that Flash, without any limiters or current weaknesses, getting hit by someone without vast amounts of superspeed? And that's being posted as a argument against a point here?
    and just curious, which flash is it: barry, wally, or bart?

We got by feats here.

I advise you to read the comics and stick with what happens into them.

I advise you to read my full claim again, it seems that you misunderstood or misinterpretated it.

Just for the record :

Attachment 29319

Flash can be tagged.
    If you go by feats why then are you bringing up a character that Slade Wilson has never tagged ?

Why bring unrelated characters into the discussion?

The discussion being pre 52 Slade tagging pre 52 Flashes. You are bringing up new 52 Barry into this, why exactly ?

Pre 52 Wally even before he reached lightspeed was capable of this

http://i.imgur.com/p27KcWW.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/HXsPux2.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/Bn6YGTT.jpg

Any reason a peak humanish dude can " catch him by surprise" with "timing" , in light of this?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    So, just for the record.

Flash is still connected to the speedforce.

[QUOTE=master of read;1622002]

it is when the person you are tagging is flash, especially if it's a flash named wally west.
    Nor Wally, nor the others are impossible to tag moreover going too far in the use of the speedforce has big drawbacks to the user.

my combat experience has jack all to do with the discussion at hand. we are talking about feats and what are usable and not usable.
    Your combat experience has to do with your perception of what fighting is so it matters a lot in the debate as we are speaking about two characters brawling.

let's take deathstroke vs. flash in "identity crisis".

now wally is a guy who at his fastest is clocked many thousands times the speed of light. (and i'm lowballing here). he's done shit like evacuate 1/4 million people from a city that was being destroyed by a nuke as it was going off, have two separate fights on two opposite sides of the planet in two different costumes at the same time and no one behind able to tell he was doing it, and saving the entire justice league from a series well placed time bombs so fast that even superman who can go FTL couldn't see him doing it.

now slade had no feats up before or after that fight to show that he had the necessary speed, reaction time, or reflexes to even comprehend that wally was doing anything to him and yet he tagged him like it was nothing.
    You are quoting a feat when Wally was going all-out and took risks to be trapped in the speedforce.

Slade set-up traps to force Wally to use a pattern and he knew exactly what Wally would do so the speedster literally impaled himself on DS's blade.

That's called timing : DS put his blade in the right place at the right moment and Wally impaled himself on it. As I said previously it has nothing to do with speed. It's timing.
    for wally, this is PIS, meaning he got tagged because the plot demanded it and for slade, this is SMvFL, meaning that nothing in his history would allow him to do what he did. so the feat in and of itself is unusable.
    Slade knows enough about Wally to be prepared for him.

His plan worked just fine.

On the other hand Slade can't handle Wally in a straight fight because Wally's speed allows him to constantly hit & run or just maintain the pressure on DS via constant attacks. It's hard to manage an answer to a faster guy when you are constantly hit.

that's how we do things here.
    I'm taking everything that matters in account.

Barry Allen in the New 52.

[QUOTE=Elixir;1622011]Flash is still connected to the speedforce.

Nor Wally, nor the others are impossible to tag moreover going too far in the use of the speedforce has big drawbacks to the user.

Your combat experience has to do with your perception of what fighting is so it matters a lot in the debate as we are speaking about two characters brawling.

You are quoting a feat when Wally was going all-out and took risks to be trapped in the speedforce.

Slade set-up traps to force Wally to use a pattern and he knew exactly what Wally would do so the speedster literally impaled himself on DS's blade.

That's called timing : DS put his blade in the right place at the right moment and Wally impaled himself on it. As I said previously it has nothing to do with speed. It's timing.

Slade knows enough about Wally to be prepared for him.

His plan worked just fine.

On the other hand Slade can't handle Wally in a straight fight because Wally's speed allows him to constantly hit & run or just maintain the pressure on DS via constant attacks. It's hard to manage an answer to a faster guy when you are constantly hit.

I'm taking everything that matters in account.

Barry Allen in the New 52.

you guys see that i'm trying, right?

never said wally can't be tagged. anyone can be tagged. it's just that the person doing the tagging needs the feats to do so. slade doesn't so he can't, thus the feat is thrown out.

it would be in your best interest to read the rules before continuing this debate. i do not believe you have a proper grasp on them.
    Last edited by master of read; 11-23-2015 at 03:51 AM.

That's new 52 Barry Allen Whose powers are under severe limiters due to being trapped in some material to slow him down but still proceeds to master the GL ring and its " infinite possibilities" before the next attack

So yes in addition to everything else dude here likes to leave out stuff like " Flash's powers were severely limited!" in there

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    That's new 52 Barry Allen Whose powers are under severe limiters due to being trapped in some material to slow him down but still proceeds to master the GL ring and its " infinite possibilities" before the next attack
    and the guy he's fight. does he have any speed feats to justify him tagging barry?

Amazing Member

[QUOTE=The Dork Knight;1622008]

If you go by feats why then are you bringing up a character that Slade Wilson has never tagged ?

Why bring unrelated characters into the discussion?

I advise you to read every posts when you are trying to make a claim.
    I'm not the one whom brang Deathstroke into the dicussion.

If you pay that much attention to the comics you are reading, you are leading yourself to obvious mistakes.

The discussion being pre 52 Slade tagging pre 52 Flashes. You are bringing up new 52 Barry into this, why exactly ?
    I never said anything about Pre-52 characters.
    I always using characters that currently exist in the discussion.
    Pre 52 Wally even before he reached lightspeed was capable of this

http://i.imgur.com/p27KcWW.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/HXsPux2.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/Bn6YGTT.jpg

Any reason a peak humanish dude can " catch him by surprise" with "timing" , in light of this?
    Read my explanations in the posts above.

[QUOTE=Elixir;1622018]

I advise you to read every posts when you are trying to make a claim.
    I'm not the one whom brang Deathstroke into the dicussion.

If you pay that much attention to the comics you are reading, you are leading yourself to obvious mistakes.

I never said anything about Pre-52 characters.
    I always using characters that currently exist in the discussion.

Read my explanations in the posts above.
    we've read your posts. the problem is that they fly in the face of how we do things here.

Amazing Member

you guys see that i'm trying, right?

never said wally can't be tagged. anyone can be tagged. it's just that the person doing the tagging needs the feats to do so. slade doesn't so he can't, thus the feat is thrown out.

it would be in your best interest to read the rules before continuing this debate. i do not believe you have a proper grasp on them.
    I'm glad that we agree on the fact that Flash can be tagged.

It would be interesting if you want to debate that you stop labelling everything under the term of "speed" if you actually want to have a proper grasp of what a fight between two fictional characters means.

By the way I'm sticking with the rules as feats is what the forum is going with and this is what I'm using in here so maybe you pretend that I drew those pages myself, right ?

So yes in addition to everything else dude here likes to leave out stuff like " Flash's powers were severely limited!" in there
    He is still faster than the dudes he is fighting against and he is still tagged.

Do you have an explanation for this ?

we've read your posts. the problem is that they fly in the face of how we do things here.
    If by "how we do things here" you mean ignoring scans then fine.

I thinked it was a pretty good and accurate way to speak about a comic book character than reading his comics and using his feats.

I'm glad that we agree on the fact that Flash can be tagged.

It would be interesting if you want to debate that you stop labelling everything under the term of "speed" if you actually want to have a proper grasp of what a fight between two fictional characters means.

By the way I'm sticking with the rules as feats is what the forum is going with and this is what I'm using in here so maybe you pretend that I drew those pages myself, right ?

He is still faster than the dudes he is fighting against and he is still tagged.

Do you have an explanation for this ?

If by "how we do things here" you mean ignoring scans then fine.

I thinked it was a pretty good and accurate way to speak about a comic book character than reading his comics and using his feats.
    sigh. i tried.

Yes , I have an explanation for the guy with no speed feats tagging the guy who does this in the space between his next attack

Plot induced stupidity

Edit: this while his speed is explicitly limited
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 11-23-2015 at 04:05 AM.