Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. Owe View Post
    That's why I said "some" measure. As it was only in the sense that "Namor was killed, period". But now that you mention it... it IS pretty annoying that they've denied BP any proper degree of vengeance against any character who's wronged him. Multiples times over. Especially over the repeated destruction of the thing that is one of the vertebra the backbone of the character. Wakanda.

Which can't be said for most other heroes, who have sand kicked in their face by a villain.

Its a huge insult, Mayberry and Hickman have done the most insulting crap to BP to date, and even if Hickman has T'challa pull of some sort of "Victory" in SW, its still muddied by the journey that lead to the end in which he has been dragged through the mud from the start. I mean did anyone even care really about DR Spectrum having her revenge? No, this whole events interesting areas of tension was between Namor and BP and then a another hero gets to come out of nowhere in which she had such a minor and forgettable time in everything dies, comes in on the first issue she is in and gets to do the thing that has been teased for 3+ years that T'Challa was supposed to do? And his excuse that both their kingdoms were destroyed so it didn't matter anymore? Well both earths were destroyed yet Dr spectrum is allowed her revenge... Come on now

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Do people think it had anything to do with karma? Robinson, the guy who killed Namor, was the only one writing Namor in a flattering light before that. What happened is they realized not a lot of people are interested in Squadron Supreme, so to give them a PR boost, they had them kill a well known Marvel hero.

It's the same tactic DC tried when they had Deathstroke kill off the Atom in the first issue of his Titans relaunch.

Ultimates #4

Hey atleast this image looks pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Do people think it had anything to do with karma? Robinson, the guy who killed Namor, was the only one writing Namor in a flattering light before that. What happened is they realized not a lot of people are interested in Squadron Supreme, so to give them a PR boost, they had them kill a well known Marvel hero.

It's the same tactic DC tried when they had Deathstroke kill off the Atom in the first issue of his Titans relaunch.

Ultimates #4
    I hate to say it, because I like Namor... but it sort of does make sense. It shows that the SS mean business day one and aren't like every other Avengers team. If they're not even going to go after Namor, then really they're more bark than bite.

It WORKED. We're talking about them.

As far as that big scary monster thing the Ultimates are fighting... very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Its a huge insult, Mayberry and Hickman have done the most insulting crap to BP to date, and even if Hickman has T'challa pull of some sort of "Victory" in SW, its still muddied by the journey that lead to the end in which he has been dragged through the mud from the start. I mean did anyone even care really about DR Spectrum having her revenge? No, this whole events interesting areas of tension was between Namor and BP and then a another hero gets to come out of nowhere in which she had such a minor and forgettable time in everything dies, comes in on the first issue she is in and gets to do the thing that has been teased for 3+ years that T'Challa was supposed to do? And his excuse that both their kingdoms were destroyed so it didn't matter anymore? Well both earths were destroyed yet Dr spectrum is allowed her revenge... Come on now
    In all fairness Spectrum probably deserved the revenge more. Her world doesn't magically come back like all the Secret Wars casualties from the 616 earth.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I hate to say it, because I like Namor... but it sort of does make sense. It shows that the SS mean business day one and aren't like every other Avengers team. If they're not even going to go after Namor, then really they're more bark than bite.

It WORKED. We're talking about them.

As far as that big scary monster thing the Ultimates are fighting... very cool.
    Bring down BP to prop up another character to make them look good... This seems oddly familiar...

BANNED

In all fairness Spectrum probably deserved the revenge more. Her world doesn't magically come back like all the Secret Wars casualties from the 616 earth.
    In all fairness, she's a character that isn't really on a lot of people's radar. Barely Marvel's.

I understand that some people will work their hardest to deny BP justice, but Namor's dodged it at the hands of BP, multiple times now. This is pretty pathetic as far as writing goes. I mean, even Doom (one of the most protected MU villains) got stomped for killing Ant Man's daughter.
    Last edited by J.D. Owe; 11-16-2015 at 05:12 PM.

Yes let the nobody who was in the story for a couple issues get revenge over the Character who had an ongoing tension for years and made several promises over the years to kill him just drop it because there are no kingdoms to fight over. Its not like they knew they were going to bring back 616 when they squashed the beef in that off panel time skip..

I don't even understand what's going on that they want to kill Namor
    The J-man

In all fairness, she's a character that isn't really on a lot of people's radar. Barely Marvel's.
    She's not... but I think the point of doing this is that it puts her and the Squadron on the radar.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I don't even understand what's going on that they want to kill Namor
    Namor blew up the Green Lantern analogues planet.

BANNED

She's not... but I think the point of doing this is that it puts her and the Squadron on the radar.
    While denying a much bigger character justice, one of the most important themes when it comes to comics, on the transparent grounds of "fairness."

BANNED

Has it been confirmed that everyone who perished in the 616 is back from the dead?

As far as "fairness" goes, there's nothing remotely fair about the fact that excuses are always made to "justify" why characters such as Doom and Namor never get their just deserts whenever their actions directly impact upon T'Challa and Wakanda.

It's ebven more galling when the even sorrier excuses are given to the effect that these characters are scheduled to appear in other books thus negating them from being dealt with by T'Challa.

Funny how that seems to have worked out in the propose Squadron Supreme book.

BANNED

Agreed 100%.

BANNED

I understand that some people will work their hardest to deny BP justice, but Namor's dodged it at the hands of BP, multiple times now. This is pretty pathetic as far as writing goes. I mean, even Doom (one of the most protected MU villains) got stomped for killing Ant Man's daughter.
    And yet there are some who claim that Hickman's the best thing to ever happen to T'Challa.

The mind boggles.

Astonishing Member

Yes let the nobody who was in the story for a couple issues get revenge over the Character who had an ongoing tension for years and made several promises over the years to kill him just drop it because there are no kingdoms to fight over. Its not like they knew they were going to bring back 616 when they squashed the beef in that off panel time skip..
    I dont disagree at all. I see why they didnt have TChalla kill him, but I dont agree with him. If you dont want the blood on TChalla hands then it should have been Shuri. Spectrum though had every reason to take him out.