Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    MoS "trauma"? What a bunch of drama queens.

I find the idea that this series is an "antidote" for "grim and gritty" to be kind of ridiculous. Nobody who describes MoS like that knows what those terms actually mean. You'd think this movie was as depressing as Schindler's List the way people go on about it.

I hope BvS is incredibly successful just so it shuts creators like Millar and Waid up.
    Someone was saying something about drama queens?
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    MoS "trauma"? What a bunch of drama queens.

I find the idea that this series is an "antidote" for "grim and gritty" to be kind of ridiculous. Nobody who describes MoS like that knows what those terms actually mean. You'd think this movie was as depressing as Schindler's List the way people go on about it.

I hope BvS is incredibly successful just so it shuts creators like Millar and Waid up.
    Amen to that.

Invincible Member

I wish I could remember that quote where Mark Millar said something to the effect of Superman shouldn't have sex because he's a Jesus metaphor and called Lois Lane to a woman who'd slept around alot (her being Mary Magdalene I guess)...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    You do realize that the last line of your reply agrees with what I am saying. Superman is meant to be the better hero. And you also managed to come up with a couple of other possible solutions right in the beginning of your post. And how about this? Blind Zod, instead of killing him. The issue I have with him killing Zod isn't so much the act itself though, considering this is his early days of being Superman. It has a lot to do with the fact that he showed virtually no remorse. Like he could be thinking "ok, cool. Next time just kill the threat before all this happens" as lampooned by HISHE when Superman/Clark started snapping peoples necks when they just annoyed him a little. I could accept the decision for him to kill zod if he learned something or made a decision to never again have to be forced to do that. But that didn't happen.
    He screamed right after it and Lois runs to his side to console him.

Are you still making up what happens in the movie?

Let's all just agree to disagree and move on.
    Well the problem is I seem to be disagreeing with a version of the movie that didn't happen.
    Last edited by LoneNecromancer; 11-19-2015 at 05:43 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Millar's been an unabashed Superman fanboy since the earliest days of his career.

While it's very tempted to say it's all adcopy and attention-getting with Millar, we don't know. None of us here, really, know. We do know, though, that he's been talking up Superman for his entire career, that he's written a very classical, and classically good and right and find-a-way Superman throughout his career.
    IIRC Millar once said in a magazine interview around the Avengers movie release date that the Justice League were too old-fashioned to make a movie of, citing Flash's costume as outdated and looking ridiculous as his reasoning. He comes out with a lot of stuff for attention.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Someone was saying something about drama queens?
    But of course. Comic book fans are the biggest drama queens on the planet. That includes when we're being drama queens while simultaneously complaining about drama queens.

Remember when a group of losers were sending letters to the White House in an attempt to persuade Obama to prevent the Affleck casting?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I wish I could remember that quote where Mark Millar said something to the effect of Superman shouldn't have sex because he's a Jesus metaphor and called Lois Lane to a woman who'd slept around alot (her being Mary Magdalene I guess)...
    Man, that sounds bad. I hope you're mistaken, but I wouldn't be surprised if you weren't.

It should also be noted that Millar, Morrison and Waid were all hoping to do a One More Day style event to erase the Super marriage and bringing back the Superman/Lois/Clark love triangle as part of their Superman 2000 proposal. I can't really say I can bring myself to agree with these guys and their view on the Superman mythos 100% of the time. Lois figuring out everything on her own in MoS probably sent them right around the bend.

Superman: Red Son is an elseworlds story, and doesn't pertain to this conversation. It is INTENDED as an alternate version of Superman. That is the point.

Same can be said of the whole Ultimates line. It was taking the established characters and treating them in a different context. So again, while popular with some fans, not what I would call cannon to the decades of history to the character, and definitely not the same thing as Superman.
    MoS is also an elseworlds story. :/

My only question is- Now that you know this isn't your version of Superman, will you guys still watch it and come the next day and repeat "dark & gritty not mah superman #HackSnyder" process?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    MoS is also an elseworlds story. :/
    Everything is an elseworlds, really. None of the stories with Superman in them are anything but imaginary.

DC can't even keep the main canon consistent. It's all fair game.

Hypocresy at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    ...really? Oh my God. This is why Superman suffers...or part of it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    He screamed right after it and Lois runs to his side to console him.

Are you still making up what happens in the movie?

Well the problem is I seem to be disagreeing with a version of the movie that didn't happen.
    What about "Virtually no remorse" don't you understand? I never said he didn't react to having to do the deed, only that in the very next scene he is back to his normal routine. It was such a jarring lack of remorse that even HISHE lampooned it by having Superman snap Jimmy's neck for just being annoying, and was like "what?" when Lois and Perry were shocked by the act.

Quote Originally Posted by geetard View Post
    Oh come on, Millar... We all know the real reason you created Huck: to have it adapted on the big screen in a near future.
    A Huck movie?

Sounds cool to me.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Spectacular Member

It is hilarious that Millar was appalled with Superman killing when this is the same writer that had the Hulk father two children with his cousin in one of his own stories. Keep it classy!