Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Spider-Woman, #5

• Now that's she's back on Earth, Jess learns that she's still got a lot of work to do when it comes to being a full-time super hero AND a full-time mom!
    • Get your first real glimpse at Jess' new life and all the people in it right here!
    • THE NEXT CHAPTER OF JESSICA DREW'S STORY BEGINS WITH THIS CAN'T-MISS ISSUE!

Full article here.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

It's gotta be Barton's kid at this point, that hair looks a lot like his.

Ah motherhood. It's a story that Marvel really doesn't explore much outside of Sue Richards. This preview is a glorious little summary of parenthood in general, the kind that every parent learns early on. And now Jessica Drew, a character who has never been associated with motherhood or motherly plots, has to deal with it. Something about that is just inherently appealing.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Amazing Member

Poor Jess, I feel sorry for her. I wonder if HYDRA will show up and try to take her baby for experiments at some stage.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Ah motherhood. It's a story that Marvel really doesn't explore much outside of Sue Richards. This preview is a glorious little summary of parenthood in general, the kind that every parent learns early on. And now Jessica Drew, a character who has never been associated with motherhood or motherly plots, has to deal with it. Something about that is just inherently appealing.
    It does read like an overly indulgent infomercial.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    It's gotta be Barton's kid at this point, that hair looks a lot like his.
    Well it is still a newborn. It hasn't gotten a chance to really grow its hair yet. And remember, Jessica is naturally blonde.

Really looking forward to this issue.

And in an interview they stated they don't want the baby to be a hostage.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

So no one's allowed to get married because it "ages" the characters but having children, that HAVE to age, is perfectly fine?

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    So no one's allowed to get married because it "ages" the characters but having children, that HAVE to age, is perfectly fine?
    Even stranger, it seems everyone and their grandmother can have a kid of their own (including Deadpool)...except Peter even when they tease us with things like Spider-Girl and RYV.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 03-11-2016 at 09:45 AM.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ViewingFigures View Post
    It does read like an overly indulgent infomercial.
    LOL It did kinda remind me of an infomercial. But having said that it worked IMO.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Even stranger, it seems everyone and their grandmother can have a kid of their own (including Deadpool)...except Peter even when they tease us with things like Spider-Girl and RYV.
    To me, this exposes the lie of why the marriage was undone. The excuse Quesada used was that having them be married means eventually they will have a kid and that kid will have to age and so will Spider-Man. Yet it's fine if his female counterpart ages? He undid the marriage because he personally didn't like it and abused his power as an editor to turn continuity into his own personal fan fiction. Then straight up lied about why he did it.

They didn't say no one's allowed to get married. Spider-Man has a different profile than Jessica Drew. There's greater flexibility with the C-listers.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    They didn't say no one's allowed to get married. Spider-Man has a different profile than Jessica Drew. There's greater flexibility with the C-listers.
    Now I think that's doing Jess a disservice. With all her comic-runs and issues as an Avenger and appearances in games, I'd say she's solid B-lister .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

To me, this exposes the lie of why the marriage was undone. The excuse Quesada used was that having them be married means eventually they will have a kid and that kid will have to age and so will Spider-Man. Yet it's fine if his female counterpart ages? He undid the marriage because he personally didn't like it and abused his power as an editor to turn continuity into his own personal fan fiction. Then straight up lied about why he did it.
    Preach the gospel. Speak the truth.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

well that is how comics editors justify their decisions.