Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Untold Tale, setted around 1986, Peter Parker, on vacation, Miami, Florida, with Aunt May and Nathan Lubensky along, although Nate's probably more in it for the gambling.

In the middle, he hears of a "Crime Wave" going on the drugs / gambling rackets. Getting into his (Black) Spider-Suit, even happens to battle Jack O' Lantern (Jason Macendale), who happens to be hired to enforce under the side of.....

THE SLUG!!!!

Ha, classic...

Jack O' Lantern manages to successfully gas Spider-Man to unconsciousness, brings him to Slug's den - actually, his pool party - where he takes no hesitation in DRIVING THE HAPLESS HERO INTO HIS GUT!!!

Spidey, wakes, actually a full page of, in slow suffocation with reflecting thoughts, his head inside folds of flesh.

He, then raising his arm, enough to sling web, connects to a brick, in rapid velocity, striking on Slug, which lets Spidey go. Before he could consider capturing the gluttonous crimelord, he is met by his bodyguards, each with firearm, firing into sky at him. Realizing it would be too much a risk, the gunfire could potentially hit poolgoers in Slug's party, Spidey webslings away.
    Last edited by ngroove; 03-03-2016 at 07:23 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Untold Tale, setted around 1986, Peter Parker, on vacation, Miami, Florida, with Aunt May and Nathan Lubensky along, although Nate's probably more in it for the gambling.

In the middle, he hears of a "Crime Wave" going on the drugs / gambling rackets. Getting into his (Black) Spider-Suit, even happens to battle Jack O' Lantern (Jason Macendale), who happens to be hired to enforce under the side of.....

THE SLUG!!!!

Ha, classic...

Jack O' Lantern manages to successfully gas Spider-Man to unconsciousness, brings him to Slug's den - actually, his pool party - where he takes no hesitation in DRIVING THE HAPLESS HERO INTO HIS GUT!!!

Spidey, wakes, actually a full page of, in slow suffocation with reflecting thoughts, his head inside folds of flesh.

He, then raising his arm, enough to sling web, connects to a brick, in rapid velocity, striking on Slug, which lets Spidey go. Before he could consider capturing the gluttonous crimelord, he is met by his bodyguards, each with firearm, firing into sky at him. Realizing it would be too much a risk, the gunfire could potentially hit poolgoers in Slug's party, Spidey webslings away.
    The Slug is just a ripoff from The Blob. The Blob as a Spider-Man villain is better than having him in limbo at the X-Office...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    The Slug is just a ripoff from The Blob. The Blob as a Spider-Man villain is better than having him in limbo at the X-Office...
    Given how you seem to want every character to be a supporting character for Spider-Man, I seriously have to wonder what other "worlds" in the Marvel Universe you'd even want to keep around if literally the only world you think a character should be in is Spider-Man. That's not having all walks of the Marvel Universe cross over with one another. That's deciding that "Spider-Man's world" should be the Marvel Universe.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    Given how you seem to want every character to be a supporting character for Spider-Man, I seriously have to wonder what other "worlds" in the Marvel Universe you'd even want to keep around if literally the only world you think a character should be in is Spider-Man. That's not having all walks of the Marvel Universe cross over with one another. That's deciding that "Spider-Man's world" should be the Marvel Universe.
    What bothers me is the fact Marvel respected Editorial Offices are not trading some of their unused characters with each other as it was done in the past. If Marvel wants to increase sales of their titles, they need to be doing things that will bring the readers attention instead of creating new characters that are based on other existing characters. The world is not a segregated place by nature. The same goes for Marvel's Editorial Office that can use other characters with each other for their story arcs. Otherwise, you get the same repeated stories over and over again. And the original idea of the X-Men was to learn to control their powers and move on to other parts of the Marvel Universe as they used to do in the 1970's and early 1980's. Somehow, Marvel has forgotten that.

BANNED

Source on how the X-Men were meant for that? Maybe it's not a case of "remembering" and "forgetting" as you so often rely on, but rather that the plans could have changed. I think Bendis has been trading around characters, such as Kitty Pryde being in the Guardians of the Galaxy, or Agent Venom now headlining Venom: Spaceknight. However, those ideas have been met with criticism. The characters haven't been shifted around because they weren't as ingrained in certain histories decades ago. Now that characters have been more firmly established in certain franchises, taking them out of those contexts hurts sales. For example, Venom: Spaceknight is so far removed from Spider-Man's "world" that it's losing sales. Your ideas won't boost sales. When we see them done now, they've actually done damage to the books. If they haven't forgotten it, then it's because when they do remember such a strategy, it doesn't work out best for them. They haven't forgotten something good. They've abandoned something bad.

Incredible Member

No, the guy's originally more like Jabba the Hutt; complete with Hedonistic palace; besides, it cracks me up, someone once told me, upon looking at him, the Slug makes Kingpin looks skinny, hahahahahahaha...
    Last edited by ngroove; 03-16-2016 at 10:11 PM.

Astonishing Member

Source on how the X-Men were meant for that? Maybe it's not a case of "remembering" and "forgetting" as you so often rely on, but rather that the plans could have changed. I think Bendis has been trading around characters, such as Kitty Pryde being in the Guardians of the Galaxy, or Agent Venom now headlining Venom: Spaceknight. However, those ideas have been met with criticism. The characters haven't been shifted around because they weren't as ingrained in certain histories decades ago. Now that characters have been more firmly established in certain franchises, taking them out of those contexts hurts sales. For example, Venom: Spaceknight is so far removed from Spider-Man's "world" that it's losing sales. Your ideas won't boost sales. When we see them done now, they've actually done damage to the books. If they haven't forgotten it, then it's because when they do remember such a strategy, it doesn't work out best for them. They haven't forgotten something good. They've abandoned something bad.
    I was talking about using supporting cast and B-Level and C-Level characters as a trade off for other characters. There was a time when Brain Braddock was Peter Parker's roommate at ESU, or the fact the Black Widow worked quite well with Spider-Man. Another instance was Sabretooth and the Juggernaut in Spider-Man's world as a permanent fixture. What would be cool to see is Jessica Drew confronting The Black Cat. It just seem to me that Peter Parker/Spider-Man is now isolated from the rest of the Marvel Universe, which makes no sense at all. It's like Peter Parker is the modern day Dr. Bruce Banner who was placed in his own little corner away from The Avengers and the MU in general because no one knew what to do with The Hulk until Peter David came along and changed the stagnant status quo that he was locked into for over 20 years(1960's until the late 1980's)...

I do admit that removing Agent Venom from Spider-Man's world was just as dumb as not including Peter Parker in Jessica Drew's social circles in her self titled series. Yet, Spider-Woman and Captain Marvel are part of the Spider-Office. Yet Peter's not invited to Jessica's parenthood celebration? Makes no sense to me when he is one of her closest friends...

But returning to the topic, I say that The Jackal working for Madem Viper would be a cool twist for Spider-Woman.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 03-16-2016 at 10:39 PM.

Incredible Member

I was talking about using supporting cast and B-Level and C-Level characters as a trade off for other characters. There was a time when Brain Braddock was Peter Parker's roommate at ESU, or the fact the Black Widow worked quite well with Spider-Man. Another instance was Sabretooth and the Juggernaut in Spider-Man's world as a permanent fixture. What would be cool to see is Jessica Drew confronting The Black Cat. It just seem to me that Peter Parker/Spider-Man is now isolated from the rest of the Marvel Universe, which makes no sense at all. It's like Peter Parker is the modern day Dr. Bruce Banner who was placed in his own little corner away from The Avengers and the MU in general because no one knew what to do with The Hulk until Peter David came along and changed the stagnant status quo that he was locked into for over 20 years(1960's until the late 1980's)...

I do admit that removing Agent Venom from Spider-Man's world was just as dumb as not including Peter Parker in Jessica Drew's social circles in her self titled series. Yet, Spider-Woman and Captain Marvel are part of the Spider-Office. Yet Peter's not invited to Jessica's parenthood celebration? Makes no sense to me when he is one of her closest friends...

But returning to the topic, I say that The Jackal working for Madem Viper would be a cool twist for Spider-Woman.
    Sabretooth battled Spidey, post Iron Fist, before it was decided he would have more hits slashing at Wolverine.

And, how many of these characters you've suggested already has dozens and dozens, possibly even a hundred, overuses already?

How about, thinking of someone, who only had a few to handful of appearances, and has not found a permanent hero yet?

Such as, how about, for one, Dragonfly, the one-time Ani-Man? Despite she has encountered the likes of X-Men and Captain America in the past, she's still an overlooked, forgotten, relatively minor under the radar opponent of X-Men and Captain America- added with her being an animal-themed fiend - easy to add to menagerie of other animal-themed foes....

Last edited by ngroove; 03-16-2016 at 11:58 PM.

BANNED

How is this even remotely true with Peter these days where he has a team up book with deadpool and before secret wars he was a teacher at the x-school? Not to mention the fact he has teamed up with mockingbird, the human torch and others since secret wars? As far at Peter being one of Jessicas closest friends, I really think you might have read some comics the rest of the World hasnt if that is your view. They where friends sure, but close friends? Not really.

Oh and I am still waithing for an answer to what "common interest" and "natural progression" would lead to Deathbird and the vulture teaming up beyond having a bird theme name.
    Last edited by Bor; 03-16-2016 at 11:55 PM.

BANNED

I was talking about using supporting cast and B-Level and C-Level characters as a trade off for other characters.
    Bull. You're not trading them off. You're just eliminating characters who would get in the way of who you want to turn into Spider-Man's supporting cast.

There was a time when Brain Braddock was Peter Parker's roommate at ESU, or the fact the Black Widow worked quite well with Spider-Man.
    And those "times" were just barely a handful of issues from Marvel Team-Up. That book is the most common basis for your arguments. It's one series, an anthology, where the whole point of it was that Spider-Man teamed up with other characters.

I do admit that removing Agent Venom from Spider-Man's world was just as dumb as not including Peter Parker in Jessica Drew's social circles in her self titled series.
    Except Venom: Spaceknight is removing an established character from his familiar setting, which is different from not including Peter in Jessica's social circles, which is a lack of including a character in an unfamiliar setting. Jessica should be allowed to forge her own identity without you insisting that she must be made into an ancillary character for Peter. She's not a spinoff like Miles, Gwen, Flash, Miguel, or Cindy. She didn't branch out from Peter's "world", so them having different social circles isn't automatically dumb.

Yet, Spider-Woman and Captain Marvel are part of the Spider-Office.
    That was only true when Stephen Wacker was the editor. Now it's Nick Lowe who runs the Spider-Office, while Captain Marvel is edited by Sana Amanat. So there's even less reason for your Carol/Peter shipping!

Yet Peter's not invited to Jessica's parenthood celebration? Makes no sense to me when he is one of her closest friends...
    Maybe it's because Peter is not one of her closest friends?

I'd give you credit for pitting Madame Viper against Jessica and actually pitting two familiar characters against one another for once, but you lose points for throwing in the Jackal for a completely arbitrary reason.

Astonishing Member

Bull. You're not trading them off. You're just eliminating characters who would get in the way of who you want to turn into Spider-Man's supporting cast.

And those "times" were just barely a handful of issues from Marvel Team-Up. That book is the most common basis for your arguments. It's one series, an anthology, where the whole point of it was that Spider-Man teamed up with other characters.

Except Venom: Spaceknight is removing an established character from his familiar setting, which is different from not including Peter in Jessica's social circles, which is a lack of including a character in an unfamiliar setting. Jessica should be allowed to forge her own identity without you insisting that she must be made into an ancillary character for Peter. She's not a spinoff like Miles, Gwen, Flash, Miguel, or Cindy. She didn't branch out from Peter's "world", so them having different social circles isn't automatically dumb.

That was only true when Stephen Wacker was the editor. Now it's Nick Lowe who runs the Spider-Office, while Captain Marvel is edited by Sana Amanat. So there's even less reason for your Carol/Peter shipping!

Maybe it's because Peter is not one of her closest friends?

I'd give you credit for pitting Madame Viper against Jessica and actually pitting two familiar characters against one another for once, but you lose points for throwing in the Jackal for a completely arbitrary reason.
    Peter is one of Jessica's closest friends. The Jackal is tied to Jessica's original series. And having Peter Parker in Jessica's world would in fact bring in a lot of ASM readers interest, just as it did when she was part of the Spiderverse.

BANNED

It was the High Evolutionary who was involved in Jessica's original series. The Jackal may have been his assistant, but he wasn't connected to Jessica until Bendis wrote the Spider-Woman: Origin series, which is not the original series you're referring to.

If bringing Peter over to Jessica's circle will draw ASM readers to the book, then let's see how All-New Inhumans #5 sells, and if just putting him in a book at all will be enough.

BANNED

Peter is one of Jessica's closest friends. The Jackal is tied to Jessica's original series. And having Peter Parker in Jessica's world would in fact bring in a lot of ASM readers interest, just as it did when she was part of the Spiderverse.
    Just beause you keep saying it does not make it true. They have never been portrayed as very close friends. Friends sure, but close? Nope

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    Just beause you keep saying it does not make it true. They have never been portrayed as very close friends. Friends sure, but close? Nope
    The same would apply to Peter Parker and Carol Danvers outside of The Avengers until Brian Reed developed it. The same can apply towards Peter appearing in Jessica's world every now and again.

BANNED

The same would apply to Peter Parker and Carol Danvers outside of The Avengers until Brian Reed developed it. The same can apply towards Peter appearing in Jessica's world every now and again.
    Which still does not change the fact that it has not happened yet so when you are saying things liike "they are close friends" you are wrong. If you said "they could be close friends" then you would be correct but it has not happend yet. You tend to do that where you refer to things as they have already happend when often it is only something you want to happen. Big difference between the two and one of the reasons people tend to call you out on it.