Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default New "Walking Dead," "Bitch Planet" Arcs Start in Image Comics' February 2016 Solicitations

Rick Remender & Sean Murphy's "Tokyo Ghost" gets an "Artist's Proof Edition," "Mirror" and "Snowfall" debut, a new "Walking Dead" arc starts and more.

Full article here.

No Lazarus/Invincible is always a disappointment. But that Snowfall sounds VERY cool (pun intended).
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Cheap month for me. None of the Image books I read are soliciting in February (Velvet, Lazarus, Invincible, and Southern Bastards)
    The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine Review - Vol 1 (Issues 1-50) and Vol 2 (Issues 51-102)

Autumnlands #10
    Chew #55
    Cry Havoc #2
    Elephantmen #69
    Mirror #1
    No Mercy #7
    Saga #34

Gonna trade-wait on Black Magik and From Under Mountains.

Black Science
    Outcast
    Wolf
    Walking Dead

lots of skip months from my reading list in February.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

No Monstress #4 in February?

Very light month for me this February.

Definitely buying:

Wayward #14 covers A & B

Most likely buying:

Huck #4
    Hinges Book 2: Paper Tigers TP

Might buy:

Mirror #1
    Snowfall #1
    Cry Havoc #2 Fiona Staples var
    Chew #55
    Outcast #16

I wonder when the rest of the new Image comics announced earlier this year will come out, like A.D. After Death, Crosswind, Heaven, and Snot Girl.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Paper Girls #5

Maybes: Cry Havoc #2, Low #12 (if I find it), Switch #4
    Digital : From Under Mountains #5
    Trade Waiting: Birthright, Black Science, Black Magick (unless #2 surprises me), Deadly Class, Low, Revival (HC), Nailbiter (HC)

Incredible Member

This is a very weak Image month for me.

I'm concerned we've seen the last of Five Ghosts for a while. It has been some time since we've heard anything about that.

Also, it seems odd that Monstress would have a skip month after 3 issues, but given the fact that the first issue was almost 3 comic books worth, I can understand why.

I'll be getting:

Black Magick
    Descender
    Paper Girls
    Pretty Deadly
    Saga

Don't think I'll pick up any of the new #1s. Tula Lotay indicated several months ago that Heartless with Warren Ellis would start in January. It seems that book has been delayed. I also thought Hadrian's Wall by Higgins was a 2015 book, but that is being pushed back it appears.

Just SAGA #34 for me.
    Still no sign of some new Thief of Thieves.

Just Pretty Deadly #9 and Switch #4 this month. My three favorite books, Lazarus, Velvet, and Copperhead are all on their extended post-arc hiatus I assume. Actually I kind of like this new trend, as long as it results in consistent timely shipping of the next arcs.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Black magick #5
    the goddamned #4
    island #7
    Huck #4
    paper girls #5
    saints #5
    wolf #6
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 11-17-2015 at 08:38 PM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    Don't think I'll pick up any of the new #1s. Tula Lotay indicated several months ago that Heartless with Warren Ellis would start in January. It seems that book has been delayed. I also thought Hadrian's Wall by Higgins was a 2015 book, but that is being pushed back it appears.
    I believe this is because Image has changed it's policy for soliciting. They want 3 issues in the can BEFORE the book can be solicited. So while Heartless, Hadrian's Wall, Heaven etc. probably had the best intentions of launching a certain month, perhaps they just didn't have enough done. It's tricky too, because solicitation information has to go in 4 months ahead of time. This should help with books coming out on time though...

I get a lot of Image titles, but this is a light month even by own standards. I know Copperhead is returning soon, but it's a shame it's not back yet. Five Ghosts is the more obvious one. I keep checking out Mooneyham's Twitter to see if he even mentions when it might come back, but no. I don't think Barbier wants the series to end, I guess if it's on Mooneyham not being able to do it, and the sales are good, he could always get another artist. Had my fingers crossed Dying and the Dead would have returned, but alas no.

Snowfall should be fun. I loved The Great Pacific and was sad to see it end prematurely. I knew this collaboration was coming, but I think it came along much later than Harris thought. Originally I think he thought it was coming this year rather than next.

Getting this month...

Autumnlands #10
    Birthright #14
    Black Magick #5
    Black Science #20
    Descender #10
    Goddamned #4
    Huck #4
    Injection #7
    Low #12
    Outcast #16
    Postal #10
    Savage Dragon #212
    Snowfall #1
    Spawn #261
    Wayward #14

On break/hiatus...

Copperhead (Really hope the lead time prevents delays and gives us a monthly shipping schedule again)
    Drifter
    Dying and the Dead
    East of West
    Faster Than Light
    Five Ghosts (Kaaaaaaahhhhhhnnnn!!!)
    Invisible Republic (By default because of the delays they've had, January's issue has been bumped to February)
    Lazarus (We knew the hiatus was coming)
    Manifest Destiny (this will be month number 4 off)
    Monstress (surprised after three issues it's going on hopefully only a one month break, but as pointed out, the first issue was HUGE)
    Reyn (I wonder if the book is done as of this weeks #10?)
    Roche Limit (was supposed to be back this month with the start of it's final arc, but I guess they need another month)
    RunLoveKill (i'm guessing the guy doing this book has given up completing this which really sucks because I bought into the first 4 issues. This will be month number 7 off)
    Southern Cross (This was supposed to be a six issue mini, then Becky Cloonan changed it to a monthly. Then issues 4, 5, 6 have had delays. Now wondering if they changed their mind and are ending it with #6)
    The Tithe
    Tokyo Ghost (wondering what the hiatus time will be like since Murphy is drawing Chrononauts too)
    Trees (I'm starting to wonder if this book is done as of issue 14)
    Velvet (I'm glad not to see this solicited as it NEEDS BADLY to get some lead time to avoid all the massive delays this book has)
    Wytches (The recent tease suggests the new arc is coming soon)
    Last edited by Mjolnir; 11-17-2015 at 05:32 PM.

My likely reading list:

1. Walking Dead #151
    2. Birthright #14
    3. Black Magick #5
    4. Black Science #20
    5. Chew #55
    6. Huck #4
    7. Jupiter's Circle Volume 2 #4
    8. Nailbiter #20
    9. Outcast #16
    10. Paper Girls #5
    11. Revival #37
    12. Saga #34
    13. Spread #13
    14. Symmetry #3
    15. Wayward #14
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

As many have spoken to, Image's new policy, not only for new books but also existing, to have multiple issues of arc completed (full issues to include script & art) is definitely seen across the board with numerous titles on hiatus as well as delays to new series we all thought we'd have seen by now. I'm all for this new policy assuming it pans out as Image hopes as I believe it'll benefit the series via monthly continuity and massively reducing any delays. I for one have grown increasingly frustrated with delays such that I now intend to trade wait several books going forward (see below commentary). As for what this all means for me, Feb 2016 will be my smallest Image month since June 2014!

Image:
    - Maybe: Bloody Mary TP, Nailbiter Deluxe HC
    - Pull: Autumnlands, Black Magick, Black Science, Descender, Goddamned, Huck, I Hate Fairyland, Low, Nailbiter, Outcast, Paper Girls, Pretty Deadly, Saga, Shutter, Walking Dead
    - Skip Month: Beauty, East of West, Goners, Invisible Republic, Lazarus, Monstress, Ody-C, Sex Criminals, Tokyo Ghost, Wytches
    - Skip Month & will Trade Wait (due to delays): Manhattan Projects, Manifest Destiny (possibility for deluxe edition?), Rat Queens, Thief of Thieves, Velvet; Sons of the Devil (due to creators providing additional story in trade that wasn't in floppies)
    - Skip Month & may Drop (unless last issue of current arc blow me away): Drifter, Sex, They're Not Like Us
    - Trade Wait: Bitch Planet, Jupiter's Circle, Nowhere Men

Marvel:
    - Trade Wait: Daredevil, Star Wars, Darth Vader, Obi-Wan & Anakin

DC:
    - Mail Subscribe: Batman, Detective Comics, Robin, Justice League
    - Skip Month: American Vampire
    - Trade Wait: DK3/DKR, Superman American Alien

DH:
    - Pull: Fight Club (ending), Harrow County
    - Skip Month: Lady Killer, Rebels
    - Trade Wait: Massive

Others:
    - Pull: Devolution, Bunker, Life After
    - Trade Wait: James Bond, Letter 44
    Last edited by comicfiend; 11-17-2015 at 09:22 PM.