MIRROR #1
    CRY HAVOC #2
    INJECTION #7
    PAPER GIRLS #5
    PRETTY DEADLY #9
    SAGA #34
    WOLF #6

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Southern Cross (This was supposed to be a six issue mini, then Becky Cloonan changed it to a monthly. Then issues 4, 5, 6 have had delays. Now wondering if they changed their mind and are ending it with #6)
    The end of issue five had a "To Be Concluded" tag, so I'm inclined to believe it's just a mini as of this point.

Trees (I'm starting to wonder if this book is done as of issue 14)
    I seem to recall when this was first solicited that it was just a seven-issue book, so the fact it's gone on this long is interesting.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

I tradewait everything so just Rumble Vol 2 for me.

And HOLY CRAP I need that giant Tokyo Ghost Artist Proof book, I loved the one for Black Science!

Black Magick #5
    Cry Havoc #2 (If I like #1)
    Injection #7
    Paper Girls #5
    Saga #34
    Monthly: Batwoman, Black Hammer, Black Magick, Detective Comics, Injection, Extremity, Heathen, Lazarus, Monstress, The Old Guard.
    Mini Series: Abbott, Return to Whisper, Songs for the Dead.
    TPB/HC: Animosity, East of West, Invincible, Seven to Eternity, Southern Cross, The Woods.

Quote Originally Posted by Sans Simian View Post
    The end of issue five had a "To Be Concluded" tag, so I'm inclined to believe it's just a mini as of this point.

I seem to recall when this was first solicited that it was just a seven-issue book, so the fact it's gone on this long is interesting.
    In one of the letters pages in one of the previous issues, Cloonan talks how she changed her mind about making this a mini and turning it into a full blown monthly beyond issue 6 after she fell in love with the world she created and had all these other ideas for stories. The artist too was on board. But after the first three issues were relatively on time, issues 4, 5, and 6 all suffered big delays with 6 still not out and currently scheduled for December 9. I did see the "to be concluded" and while I'm still a little worried that it's the end, I'm also hoping that it means the conclusion of the arc.

You're right, Trees was supposed to originally be an 8 issue story, but Jason Howard was having a blast drawing it, and Warren Ellis said they'd extend it if sales were good. They were and here are. But the last three issues have suffered delays. It too, 12 awhile to come out and 13 and 14 are still not out. I wonder if this book was affected when Ellis had his health scare earlier this year. He did say he was shrinking his work load with some projects being out right cancelled and others delayed. It sucks because I love Trees so much more than Injection.

Quote Originally Posted by comicfiend View Post
    As many have spoken to, Image's new policy, not only for new books but also existing, to have multiple issues of arc completed (full issues to include script & art) is definitely seen across the board with numerous titles on hiatus as well as delays to new series we all thought we'd have seen by now. I'm all for this new policy assuming it pans out as Image hopes as I believe it'll benefit the series via monthly continuity and massively reducing any delays. I for one have grown increasingly frustrated with delays such that I now intend to trade wait several books going forward (see below commentary). As for what this all means for me, Feb 2016 will be my smallest Image month since June 2014
    I too am hoping this new trend/policy really benefits everyone. From happy customers, creators, and a publisher. Soooo many of Images books all suffer from delays and in other cases massive delays. I don't know if it's become a trend that a few creators started that's caught on with other creators because they they liked the idea so much or if it's something Image finally took notice of and they too were tired of the delays with so many of their books. The trend seems to be anywhere from two to four months off before getting solicited again.

Kurt Busiek acknowledged this at the end of Autumnlands #6 and said they would take extended time off to insure the book got back to a monthly schedule. Jay Faerbar is doing this same thing with Copperhead after issues 8, 9, 10 suffered delays and should be back in March or April on a monthly schedule again. Jonathan Hickman acknowledged the massive delays with Dying and the Dead and said the remaining issues wouldn't be solicited again until they were confident that issues 4, 5, 6, and 7 wouldn't be late again. Early 2016 is what they were hoping for.

Velvet is in need of this policy badly and only Lord knows what the hell is going on with Five Ghosts.

I know every artist and writer all work at different paces, but out of my reading list, props go to Descender, Birthright, Low, Lazarus, Wayward, Outcast, Reyn and Black Science for turning out books with great art that ship pretty much on time. Waiting for East of West and Invisible Republic to get back on time and we'll see how Autumnlands does now that it's back and we'll see too how Black Magick and Monstress do with monthly schedules.
    Last edited by Mjolnir; 11-18-2015 at 01:41 PM.

Deadly Class #19
    Descender #10
    LOW #12

Kind of a quiet month for me.

Quite a good month for me. Do wonder what they're up to with Mirror; it was meant to be part of 8House first. Wouldn't mind it being an ongoing though, plus the 8House numbering was kind of confusing anyway.

I too am hoping this new trend/policy really benefits everyone. From happy customers, creators, and a publisher. Soooo many of Images books all suffer from delays and in other cases massive delays.
    Mostly agree yes, but just throwing this out there: if Image are requiring more issues to be done upfront, does that not raise the entry barrier for newer talent? A longer wait between production and release basically means a longer wait between paychecks right? It's not hard to argue that only more established, succesful creators will be able to bridge that gap.

I do appreciate it as a gesture towards readers who dislike delays, and obviously there's plenty of other indie publishers where new talent can thrive beyond Image, but just a thought.

The Walking Dead #151
    Descender #10
    Outcast #16

So I was cruising through some Twitter accounts of writers/artists last night and saw that Andy Belanger (who draws Southern Cross) is hard at work on issue #7 which answers my question of whether or not it's done after issue #6.

Also, someone asked Alex Grecian about Rasputin, and though it was intended as a ten issue story, it looks like it'll be back sometime in the near future as Grecian said now that the first 10 issues "were a foundation. We'll come back when we get a chance to breath."

And it looks like Reyn has come to an end as that story too was initially planned as a 10 issue story. It looks like it might come back in the future. In response to a question about it's future, Kel Symons said "Never say never but it was conceived as a 10 issue arc just in case. Glad you like it though." and then "Definitely enjoyed working with Nate and again, glad you dug the book. Who knows, maybe we'll cook up something again."

Wish a certain Five Ghosts team would comment on Twitter or anywhere about what is going on.

I really enjoyed Reyn and Rasputin and am looking forward to the latter's return. Reyn was a neat, cool mishmash of genres that when the twists and reveals were had, it made the book so much better. I really hope Kel Symons and Nate Stockman return to this book.
    Last edited by Mjolnir; 11-19-2015 at 07:25 PM.

So I was cruising through some Twitter accounts of writers/artists last night and saw that Andy Belanger (who draws Southern Cross) is hard at work on issue #7 which answers my question of whether or not it's done after issue #6.
    Yeah, I tweeted him the same question on twitter asking if issue #6 was the final one. He said no and that they were hard at work on the next arc. Awesome news!

Quote Originally Posted by daningotham View Post
    Yeah, I tweeted him the same question on twitter asking if issue #6 was the final one. He said no and that they were hard at work on the next arc. Awesome news!
    That is indeed awesome! It'll be interesting to see what they cook up for the second arc.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sans Simian View Post
    That is indeed awesome! It'll be interesting to see what they cook up for the second arc.
    If they're hard at work on the second arc, why don't they release the end of the first arc?

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    If they're hard at work on the second arc, why don't they release the end of the first arc?
    December 9 is the current release date for issue #6.
    Last edited by Mjolnir; 11-20-2015 at 12:38 PM.

Autumnlands #10
    Codename Baboushka #5
    Elephantmen #69
    Low #12
    Nailbiter #20
    Postal #10
    Revival #37
    Snowfall #1
    Spawn #261
    Spread #13
    Symmetry #3
    The Walking Dead #151