Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Frank Miller Says He Plans to Write a Fourth "Dark Knight" Story

In an interview, Frank Miller stated his plans to create another sequel to "The Dark Knight Returns," following the soon-to-debut "Dark Knight III."

Full article here.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

He sounds like the experience really energized his batteries. That's nice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    He sounds like the experience really energized his batteries. That's nice.
    Yeah, exactly what I was thinking.

Good to see considering he hasn't been looking so well lately.

I wonder how long he can keep writing this Batman

Miller's Dark Knights should be an annual thing tbh (to be honest)
    BB

It's weird. He seems to be separating himself from DKIII as if it was all Brian but they co wrote together.

BANNED

How about finishing All Star Batman? They had two or three scripts in the can.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

He also wants to write a Carrie Kelly comic.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/11/...-carrie-kelly/

I am good with this, sounds like it would be interesting.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    It's weird. He seems to be separating himself from DKIII as if it was all Brian but they co wrote together.
    From what I understand, Frank essentially did the outline of the story and then passed it to Azzarello to actually script it out. Frank figured out all of the beats that the story needed to hit and it was up to Brian to turn that into a cohesive narrative. As for the article itself, I'm going to have to wait for the third chapter of this story before I start clamoring for a fourth. It'd be funny if this mirrored the TDKR-DKSA dynamic of a grounded Batman in Gotham story followed by a bombastic insane over-the-top drug trip. If Frank takes on sole writing responsibility again I think it's an extreme possibility.

But hey, if he's feeling up to the task now then good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    He also wants to write a Carrie Kelly comic.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/11/...-carrie-kelly/

I am good with this, sounds like it would be interesting.
    Frank Miller writing Robin stories for children sounds so crazy that it just might work. I would read this.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by taylortexas View Post
    Frank Miller writing Robin stories for children sounds so crazy that it just might work. I would read this.
    Was Big Guy and Rusty not meant for kids? I only know the cartoon.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Mighty Member

Btw, here's the full interview http://www.newsarama.com/26829-frank...4-to-come.html

From what I understand, Frank essentially did the outline of the story and then passed it to Azzarello to actually script it out. Frank figured out all of the beats that the story needed to hit and it was up to Brian to turn that into a cohesive narrative.
    Pretty much. What I've read/heard in interviews and conventions. Also, I don't think he wants to separate himself from Brian's work, but perhaps felt he was in the way of him. At one panel Miller outright said that Azzarello is a much better writer than him. I'm sure he's still involved, but perhaps not as much as in the beginning of things. And now when he's feeling better (as it seems), he wants another go at it.

It'd be funny if this mirrored the TDKR-DKSA dynamic of a grounded Batman in Gotham story followed by a bombastic insane over-the-top drug trip. If Frank takes on sole writing responsibility again I think it's an extreme possibility.
    Haha. That'd be awesome ! I quite like DKSA. As Morrison calls it "cocaine comics". I also think it's ideas about the "internet" pretty much has come true.

Regardless. Cool to hear Miller still being at it. Both Batman and Sin City.

Can't wait to read TDKTMR
    Last edited by borntohula; 11-17-2015 at 04:21 PM.

BANNED

The Spirit 2 will be announced next!

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    The Spirit 2 will be announced next!
    Bite your tongue! :P
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

From what I understand, Frank essentially did the outline of the story and then passed it to Azzarello to actually script it out. Frank figured out all of the beats that the story needed to hit and it was up to Brian to turn that into a cohesive narrative. As for the article itself, I'm going to have to wait for the third chapter of this story before I start clamoring for a fourth. It'd be funny if this mirrored the TDKR-DKSA dynamic of a grounded Batman in Gotham story followed by a bombastic insane over-the-top drug trip. If Frank takes on sole writing responsibility again I think it's an extreme possibility.

But hey, if he's feeling up to the task now then good for him.
    In an CBR interview with Brian he said he and Frank would write together for months even doing the voices as they wrote dialogue. But in this interview it's like he was barely involved.

As far as All Star I think it's written but someone will have to chain Jim Lee to a drawing board if we are to ever see it