Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I am more worried about the character who went by THOR for decades... aka real Thor not Jane. Marvel kept saying he would be in this book so... hence my "poop" comment. I don't plan on buying this series unless Thor is a reoccuring character. Guess i'll wait on next issue
    Have you just not been keeping up with Marvel's wider line? I'm not trying to be a jerk, but it seems like you may be out of the loop.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Have you just not been keeping up with Marvel's wider line? I'm not trying to be a jerk, but it seems like you may be out of the loop.
    It wasn't a point made from ignorance, it was a statement of taste. Obviously a taste that I find difficult to appreciate, but we are all different. I argue the book is closer to the early issues of Thor than ever, but let's face it, the Kirby days are not the ones most lauded in the cannon anyway.

Kirby had an overarching theme of heroism and humanity in the face of deity. His early Thor was as much about the humanity in the dual personality as the god.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 11-18-2015 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    It wasn't a point made from ignorance, it was a statement of taste.
    I'm not so sure. You would have to be ignoring what's going on in the wider Marve line to think "Marvel kept saying he would be in this book." means he will be there in the very first issue.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I'm not so sure. You would have to be ignoring what's going on in the wider Marve line to think "Marvel kept saying he would be in this book." means he will be there in the very first issue.
    I was asking if he was in the book because I am not buyin gteh book if he isn't a (large) supporting character.

Doesn't mean I won't eventually buy all of them if Thor Odinson shows up in the future... but I am not buying this issue to issue if Thor Odinson won't play a part until say... issue #5.

I don't hate Jane or anything. Not particular clapping about the change but whatever, it happens in comics. But, with my very expansive pull list right now due to all the potentially good books out or coming out, I can't justify pulling a book that doesn't have the character I actually like in it consistently.

now unrustle your jim jams and relax
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Great Issue and Start.

This is how the last series should have been. Focus on Jane and how she fights as Thor, fights harder against cancer, and you see why she does what she does.

Nice set up so far. Mixed feelings with Loki. (I kind of like him as an Anti-Hero).

Would it really kill Marvel to make another Thor book with the real thing? I'd love to read a Fallen Thor wielding a god killing axe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Great Issue and Start.

This is how the last series should have been. Focus on Jane and how she fights as Thor, fights harder against cancer, and you see why she does what she does.

Nice set up so far. Mixed feelings with Loki. (I kind of like him as an Anti-Hero).

Would it really kill Marvel to make another Thor book with the real thing? I'd love to read a Fallen Thor wielding a god killing axe
    I do think they'll make one (maybe later next year).

Great Issue and Start.

Id buy that in a heartbeat. Although perhaps he will get a book soon given the Ultimate Hammer is now sitting in abandoned Asgard waiting to be picked up.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Id buy that in a heartbeat. Although perhaps he will get a book soon given the Ultimate Hammer is now sitting in abandoned Asgard waiting to be picked up.
    With the real Thor missing, what better opportunity for him to find the Ultimate hammer? Both that and this are written by Aaron, it's gotta be setup for something. I just wish that they'd let Thor appear somewhere in a book as a cast member as I'd like to actually have the option of reading him rather than being told that if I want my fix of Thor read Jane Foster appearing in his roles. It's even more annoying when you consider that he's not dead so they're actively choosing not to have him appear anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    With the real Thor missing, what better opportunity for him to find the Ultimate hammer? Both that and this are written by Aaron, it's gotta be setup for something. I just wish that they'd let Thor appear somewhere in a book as a cast member as I'd like to actually have the option of reading him rather than being told that if I want my fix of Thor read Jane Foster appearing in his roles. It's even more annoying when you consider that he's not dead so they're actively choosing not to have him appear anywhere.
    Its only been one issue. He will appear soon and the ultimate hammer is def a setup for his return to glory.

We cant expect him to suddenly be all over the place. Him leaving Asgardia is a plot point that will pay off for sure.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

I think Loki is just tricking Malekith. In the solicits for... issue 3, was it? it mentioned how he just wanted to talk with Jane, and in the cover for that issue, it showed the big bads alliance, and he was not in it. So presumably, based on the final page here, he will have to convince her to play dead, or at least help him put on a show of a fight to make it at least look like he tried without actually killing her.

And I think a book with Odinson could still be coming, but it may have to wait for certain events in this book to come to pass first, so maybe not announced for another couple months.

and yeah, the Mjolnir that crash landed on old Asgard is definitely going to be picked up by Odinson at some point, i mean... come on. But we can't expect it to happen in one issue, none of the characters has any reason to think it's even there, yet, and he still has to address the reason for his unworthyness even if he did know it was there.
    Last edited by Raye; 11-18-2015 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I just wish that they'd let Thor appear somewhere in a book as a cast member as I'd like to actually have the option of reading him rather than being told that if I want my fix of Thor read Jane Foster appearing in his roles. It's even more annoying when you consider that he's not dead so they're actively choosing not to have him appear anywhere.
    Again, we're talking about an eight month time gap and heroes M.I.A. all over the Marvel universe. That's before you even factor in where Odinson was at the end of the last series.

This is where the narrative was always headed.

BANNED

Well I got banned from Comicvine today, because I showed support for the new Thor. I don't even care, the 1st issue was stellar. Adding to pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Well I got banned from Comicvine today, because I showed support for the new Thor. I don't even care, the 1st issue was stellar. Adding to pull.
    what, seriously? I knew Comic Vine had a vocal group of detractors, but.... eh, I haven't used that site in nearly a year, anyway.

Was a great issue. I think this one is even stronger than the previous number 1 issue. Probably because the whole mysterious woman wielding Mjolnir angle is now over. Now you can really dive into the head of the character. Also that art from Russell Dauterman is just beautiful. Have never read a book with him on art before but he surely is a great artist.

I also think the explanation for why wielding Mjolnir is hurting her is sound. Transforming gets rid of the chemotherapy which is obviously bad but it doesn't cure her cancer since its not a foreign disease from the outside. It's a malfunction of your own body so as far as Mjolnir is concerned there is nothing "wrong".
    "This is me being reasonable"

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Well, maybe it's true what they say about CBR being the tamest of the comic books sites.