Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is the worst issue of Pak/Kuder's run. Feels like they're stalling until the next big thing happens in the overall continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    yeah...I'm over this story. I will follow it to it's end...but I really don't care anymore, because it's clear the creators don't care anymore. I think that some of the places the writers, especially Pak wanted to go was likely shut down by editorial so that now it's just your average overblown crossover.

I wonder if the combined backlash from fans reguarding the Lois situation and the faux outrage drummed up by Fox News over the police brutality controversy and Superman punching the cop scared editorial into demphasizing the more controversial aspects of the story in favor of a more bland and conventional direction. If so, it's a shame.

I'm ready for the status quo to return and, as Ascended said, for the books to go their own way and tell their own stories for a year or more. No more crossovers, dammit.
    Yeah it seemed like Pak and Kuder were going to use this opportunity to make Superman even closer to the common man and show that even with most of his powers gone he would still fight to the bitter end to defend those in need. Clark standing up for the little guy even in the face of police brutality could have sent a powerful message. I was really excited to see where they would take this new de-powered Superman but it's just devolved into a generic and occasionally boring story. It really does seem as if they've pulled back and are currently on auto pilot. I really hope they don't leave the book because editorial is basically writing the comic. I wish they were allowed to do their own thing and not get sucked in to these drawn out crossovers.
    Last edited by Robotman; 11-23-2015 at 02:49 AM.

Astonishing Member

I don't know if the problem here is really the crossover format. It's annoying, I agree, but IMHO Pak would have the same problems even if he wrote only one series. The problem, to put it simply, is that editorial control is getting more and more intrusive and immature.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    I don't know if the problem here is really the crossover format. It's annoying, I agree, but IMHO Pak would have the same problems even if he wrote only one series. The problem, to put it simply, is that editorial control is getting more and more intrusive and immature.
    editorial is the biggest problem. crossovers every year is the symptom of it.

Spectacular Member oldschoolfan's Avatar

I loved this issue. Nothing bad about it in my opinion.

Keep going Superteam!

AND....the last page promises a fight that we thought we would never see: Supes vs. Frankenstien's Monster. It would be cool if they did it the old Marvel way with a black background and Superman facing off against Frankenstien....just like FF 112 or Sub Mariner 8.
    Last edited by oldschoolfan; 11-23-2015 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolfan View Post
    AND....the last page promises a fight that we thought we would never see: Supes vs. Frankenstien's Monster.
    Nah, we've seen it before

Superman #344, for example (kinda, sorta)

Spectacular Member oldschoolfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    Nah, we've seen it before

Superman #344, for example (kinda, sorta)
    Yeah, I read that....but it wasn't really the monster was it? I gotta go back and look now! BUT this could be a knock down drag out Hulk vs. Thing type of fight. I'm up for that.....I also know there was a sixties Action comic with Frankenstien's Monster....I haven't had a chance to read that one yet....

All-New Member

I am not crazy about these stories lately. It seems like Superman these days is just a super boy without the charm. I'm ready for a change in the creative team and storyline.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah it seemed like Pak and Kuder were going to use this opportunity to make Superman even closer to the common man and show that even with most of his powers gone he would still fight to the bitter end to defend those in need. Clark standing up for the little guy even in the face of police brutality could have sent a powerful message. I was really excited to see where they would take this new de-powered Superman but it's just devolved into a generic and occasionally boring story. It really does seem as if they've pulled back and are currently on auto pilot. I really hope they don't leave the book because editorial is basically writing the comic. I wish they were allowed to do their own thing and not get sucked in to these drawn out crossovers.
    And that's my problem with Truth. I'm enjoying it fine right now, but the first three issues of Truth in Action Comics are to me some of the best Superman comics ever, but since then the book has just become standard superhero fare.