Super Moderator

Default "Street Fighter X G.I. Joe," "Transformers" #50 & More in IDW's Feb. 2016 Solicitations

Two massive franchises collide, "Wynonna Earp" returns to comics, Al Williamson's "Star Wars" gets an Artist's Edition plus Valentine's fun at IDW.

Full article here.

Just Star Trek
    Wanna read Transformers#50 and Street Fighter X/GIJOE, but does prices look scary.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Back to the Future #5 is the only IDW comic issue I'll definitely be buying in February. Might get the Valentine's Day Card variant. That "density" line on the cover is great.

I might get one or both of these as well:
    Wynonna Earp #1
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 IDW's Greatest Hits Edition
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Extraordinary Member

My Little Pony: FIM
    Jem and the Holograms (and probably the Valentine's Special)
    X-Files (is season 11 ending with #8 or will there be a 2-parter for 9 and 10 to round out the second volume, regardless, season 12, if it happens, should really, really get back to some monster of the week stuff)

While not buying, I will be looking forward to catching up on TMNT, Ghostbusters and Back to the Future at some point.

Street Fighter, GI Joe, Transformers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, My Little Pony, X-Files, Ghostbusters... When did IDW become a publisher especialized in 80s / 90s material?

Transformers #50
    Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #50
    Transformers: IDW Collection Phase 2 Vol 3
    G.I.Joe IDW Collection Vol 6
    Transformers vs G.I.Joe #11
    G.I.Joe: A Real American Hero #225- Subscription Variant
    G.I.Joe: A Real American Hero #225- Valentines Variant

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    Street Fighter, GI Joe, Transformers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, My Little Pony, X-Files, Ghostbusters... When did IDW become a publisher especialized in 80s / 90s material?
    Does this mean Marvel specializes in mostly 60s material? (;
    Writer of comics including Ghostbusters, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Scarlet Spider, and even some creator owned stuff. Follow me on Twitter @erikburnham

All-New Member

And jokes aside, I hope you'll all welcome Ghostbusters back. We want to make it to our big 50th issue together, Dan, Luis & I. (;
    Writer of comics including Ghostbusters, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Scarlet Spider, and even some creator owned stuff. Follow me on Twitter @erikburnham

BANNED

The question is, how many covers to MtMtE #50 do I want?

Did I read that right? $7.99 for both TF #50 and MTMTE #50 for 48 pages? Damn. The trend continues with IDW's one-shot TF books being really expensive.

So Ragnarok is skipping the month it should be out if it was keeping a bi-monthly schedule. That's too bad. Really, really love it.

I got excited to see the Winterworld book, but then my heart sank when I realized it was only the collection of the recent books. The book really must be done. It didn't really have an ending to the over all story which suggested it was continuing, but I guess sales weren't all that great. That sucks. Another series cancelled without a proper ending. Chuck Dixon hasn't said anything about the book that I've found.

Skip month for Sins of the Wreckers? It's a five issue mini-series that pretty much should be done before they even solicit. I guess I'm not surprised though. The first issue has been delayed already. It was supposed to be out November 4 and there's been no news on when it will debut.

Buying...

Transformers #50
    TF: MTMTE #50 (Megatron and the DJD. They've been teasing this forever.)
    Ghostbusters International #2 (I didn't know this was a mini and not an ongoing. Are there plans for Ghostbusters after this?)
    Last edited by Mjolnir; 11-18-2015 at 03:44 PM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Did I read that right? $7.99 for both TF #50 and MTMTE #50 for 48 pages? Damn. The trend continues with IDW's one-shot TF books being Ghostbusters International #2 (I didn't know this was a mini and not an ongoing. Are there plans for Ghostbusters after this?)
    It *is* an ongoing -- that "(of 4)" is a MISTAKE!

WE ARE AN ONGOING!

(Tell everyone!)

And I hope to make it to (at least) issue #14 -- which would be our 50th issue of the ongoing as a team.

KNOCK WOOD!

(:

Spectacular Member Chintzy Beatnik's Avatar

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #55
    Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency: A Spoon Too Short #1 (of 5)
    Star Trek #54—Five-Year Mission
    Star Trek: Starfleet Academy #3 (of 5)
    Judge Dredd #3
    Back to the Future #5
    Ghostbusters International #2

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Deffinantly getting..

Star Trek #54
    Star Trek: Sterfkeet Acadeny #3
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #55

may get Street Fighter X G.I.Joe, not sure.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Skip month for Sins of the Wreckers? It's a five issue mini-series that pretty much should be done before they even solicit. I guess I'm not surprised though. The first issue has been delayed already. It was supposed to be out November 4 and there's been no news on when it will debut.
    I think it's out next week Nov 25th. I just noticed it's already been pulled in my monthly shipment from DCBS.