Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Well like when they did the Star Wars prequels and tried to explain Vader's turn to the dark side and perhaps gain sympathy for him, for me it did the exact opposite and I can't stand Anakin, he's a whining gullible crybaby that went VERY bad at the drop of a hat and never repented for it or admitted that he had done anything wrong..

Aside from that it's funny in animated tv shows and such like in Bleach when Ichigo saves Rukia in the Soul Society and he's holding her on top of where she was going to be executed, if you look close his hand is on her chest and Rukia doesn't react at all about that...and in the Kim Possible movie Kim gets a hold of the front of Shego's dress to have a big dramatic moment, except Shego's dress is pretty tight so Kim would practically have to cop a feel to get enough of the material...just things like that in anime that if anybody else did them they'd get in trouble...

And of course in tv and movies they tout how good of a shot the good and bad guys are, when they have a shootout there's like hundreds or thousands of bullets fired and nobody gets hit...

Some of the deaths on tv and such can be chalked up to the actor leaving the show and such...

People moving giant panels of glass during a big chase. I've never witnessed that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    People moving giant panels of glass during a big chase. I've never witnessed that.
    Adding onto this. The push cart Vendor, Woman with a baby stroller, and school bus of kids.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Retired

Really? I suppose the fruit cart bugs you folks. But this is a trope of cinema that has a long history. They put these kinds of things in the movies because they know some of us get a real kick out of that stuff. I'm sure there are some people who are bugged by big dance numbers in musicals--but if they took those out of the movies the musical diehards would riot. If you're watching a car chase movie, you should be expecting the fruit cart, the baby stroller, driving onto an overpass and then crashing down onto the street below, going through a showroom glass window and exiting out the other other side, doing a flyer off a pier into a body of water. If you don't get this kind of content from your car chase movie, you should ask for your money back. It's not a bug, it's a feature.

How about the Im Rich you are Poor, I am white you are black but lets dance together trope.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    How about the Im Rich you are Poor, I am white you are black but lets dance together trope.
    How dare you insult Breaking 2, Electric Boogaloo.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Really? I suppose the fruit cart bugs you folks. But this is a trope of cinema that has a long history.
    The question is what was the inspiration for it in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    The question is what was the inspiration for it in the first place
    I believe back to the Keystone Cops. Vendor carts were prevalent on city streets then.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    I love in the heat of the night. In episode they say Sparta has a population of something like 14,000 people. Someone did the math on it once. It has basically the worst crime rate of any city in the USA. Of any size.
    It's even worse for Death In Paradise's Saint Marie. How many island paradises are going to keep up their vital tourist trade with stacks of bodies piling up?

Spectacular Member

The ending of the opening scene in the Dark Knight always bugged me. A bus crashed into a bank, and then drives off, and people on the street just kind of keep walking as if nothing crazy happened and the cops drive past the bus that just drove into a bank and is now driving out of a bank that they presumably were called to as it was being robbed.

Boisterously Confused

This one's a staple of WWII movies. There always seem to be whole platoons of troops just lounging about, but armed to the teeth, ready to jump aboard the truck conveniently idling outside within instants of somebody punching the alarm. No time wasted on drawing weapons, rounding up the crew, prying the vehicles out of an overly bureaucratic motor pool sergeants clutches, etc.

Retired

Watching old T.V. shows and seeing that the glasses people are wearing have no glass in them. I can see why they did this back then--because with the poor picture quality on T.V.s it wouldn't be noticeable--and the glass would have reflections that they didn't want. But knowing that doesn't stop it from being distracting and taking me out of the story. Somehow this bothers me more than the obvious stunt doubles in old T.V. shows--those I don't mind so much.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Watching old T.V. shows and seeing that the glasses people are wearing have no glass in them. I can see why they did this back then
    I don't know. I watched M*A*S*H in its original run, the glasses for Radar, Malachy, and Potter were totally noticeable and distracting when it came to reflections.

Incredible Member

And it’s almost always. ONE truck load of armed troops. No more or no less.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    This one's a staple of WWII movies. There always seem to be whole platoons of troops just lounging about, but armed to the teeth, ready to jump aboard the truck conveniently idling outside within instants of somebody punching the alarm. No time wasted on drawing weapons, rounding up the crew, prying the vehicles out of an overly bureaucratic motor pool sergeants clutches, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    I don't know. I watched M*A*S*H in its original run, the glasses for Radar, Malachy, and Potter were totally noticeable and distracting when it came to reflections.
    Well in the case of Harry Morgan and William Christopher they both needed glasses so their glasses were not props so I am not sure how to work around that.. I dont know if Rader needed them in real life. I have seen him in other things without them.