Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    Even worse when it's CSI lab techs in on the bust.
    From what I've seen from each of the CSI spin-offs, it seems that each city's PD has a different protocol for how much the CSIs get to work on the cases of the regular cops.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Astonishing Member

I mentioned this is another thread:

When faced with a bad/guy hostage - the lead cops says: I'm putting my gun down and coming in.

Add: You can have me as a hostage if you let blah, blah go.

Incredible Member

Cops and other blue collars tv show and mobsters using big words and phases. As far as I can tell. This idea started with the tv show NYPD blue!
    Last edited by gwhh; 11-21-2021 at 07:44 PM.

Not so much a show but the promos for shows.

I mean the stand up comic specials or political talk shows where they bill the person featured as

"They will go where others wont, they say what we are thinking but are scared to say out loud etc..."
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Letting the villain go when you could easily kill or beat the hell out of them, especially after they had just tried to murder you and or others.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

When somebody who is already a formidable villain in their own right has somebody "pulling their strings".
    +
    People getting upset about the police asking reasonable questions.
    Last edited by TheRay; 10-12-2021 at 06:32 PM.

Incredible Member

Why do life long high ranking government employees. Always live in huge houses in the DC burbs?

Example: Robert Redford house in winter shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    Why do life long high ranking government employees. Always live in huge houses in the DC burbs?

Example: Robert Redford house in winter shoulder.
    Because most high ranking Government officials live in the DC suburbs, mostly northern Virginia.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I hate when the bad guys can sneak into high security areas just because they have the janitors key card. Because every guy who mops the floor has a key card that will get him into the room where America keeps all the highest of highest secrets no questions asked.

Im thinking I may steal the keycard to the cashier at the Pentagon's lunch room so I can find out who really killed Kennedy.
    Last edited by babyblob; 10-20-2021 at 04:53 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

So I decide to watch Nightflyer, the series. In the opening segment a major character goes ax man nuts and another kills herself. Why bother to watch to see why many episodes later. Who cares what she says or does.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I hate when the bad guys can sneak into high security areas just because they have the janitors key card. Because every guy who mops the floor has a key card that will get him into the room where America keeps all the highest of highest secrets no questions asked.

Im thinking I may steal the keycard to the cashier at the Pentagon's lunch room so I can find out who really killed Kennedy.
    I work as a cleaner at a high school and we don't have keys for the superintendent's office or the HR director's office. If they want their garbage taken out, they either leave the door open or leave the garbage bin outside the office. And even with the office open, we certainly would not be able to access their computers after hours.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I work as a cleaner at a high school and we don't have keys for the superintendent's office or the HR director's office. If they want their garbage taken out, they either leave the door open or leave the garbage bin outside the office. And even with the office open, we certainly would not be able to access their computers after hours.
    I get that. The superintendent's office has some pretty vital info. Not like the room that has the launch codes for America's nuclear missles, or the room with the computers that have the info of undercover agents and their assignments that all of the cleaning people have access to in the movies

Or on tv an awful lot of them seem to have access to the police evidence room.

Remember in X2 when Mystique could sneak into the big bads office and access his computer network and got away with it because she posed as the guy taking out the trash?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    This was a long time ago, but I did the same thing shortly. I had keys to the classrooms, the locker rooms, and the front office reception area. I did not have keys to the principle's office.

Astonishing Member

Don't forget that you can sit down at the big wig's computer and hack it with some simple typing.

Astonishing Member

Names that are stupid:

Take Perpetua or Zumbado (The daughter of two of these super-beings, Naomi was sent to the Prime Earth of DC comic book continuity as an infant to save her from the evil Zumbado.)

They sound like the new drug names from commercials: Skyrizi - a drug but easily could be a new hero from the Bird Universe sent to Earth to protect eggs.

Xeljanz - An X-man with the power of dance or a drug?

Ozempic - the power to turn from ooze to an Olympic god?