Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast

When people's bedrooms are nothing but an air mattress and maybe one lamp. Either be minimalist or realistic.

I hate in horror movies or monster movies the person is running away. Then they turn and face the monster and scream for like 30 seconds. Why stop and face what you are running from and just scream. Keep running idiot!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Really just anybody using anything but proper English. It just feels so weird to watch somebody say "jawn" on tv, just doesn't seem like it flows.

The dumb character who is so dumb you are wondering how they are still alive since they don't understand anything.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    The dumb character who is so dumb you are wondering how they are still alive since they don't understand anything.
    See, eg, Simpson, Homer; Griffin, Peter; etc

Ultimate Member

Ralph Wiggum...

Incredible Member

Money for space fuel. No money for food. See cowboy bebop. And firefly.

People have very serious conversations in the public dining rooms of very fancy resturants. When it should be done in private.
    Last edited by gwhh; 03-01-2022 at 11:32 AM.

How about in police shows. The cop goes to arrest the bad guy. Bad guy is 15 feet away and does not see the cop. Then still being 15 feet away the cop yells Police. And the bad guy of course turns sees the cops and books it out of their.

Why doesnt the cop just wait the extra ten feet before saying anything. Or if the bad guy is so unaware then just get right next to him.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

During a chase when one of the people crashes in to someone or something and it barely slows them down.

Phone text shown to quick to read and in an unreadable type. Like white in a light blue or green bubble.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Incredible Member

Naked co-Ed shower scenes set in the further.

Ancient, medieval or even fantasy films. The opposing armies infantry are lined up and they charge each other, and instead of what actually happened of them fighting each other in two walls of men. They intermesh into each other into a wide deep field of one on one. That never, ever happened. They wouldn't have wanted that to happen and it wouldn't have naturally happened even if they did. There would be no quicker way to die. No soon than someone faces an opponent, than they get stabbed in the side or back. In some of these films there's no way to even tell due to a lack of uniform or difference of clothing, which side the individuals are fighting for. Every time I see the sides charge and the lines break up I think "Here we go." and roll my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    Naked co-Ed shower scenes set in the further.
    I take you mean 'future'. I wouldn't be surprised if it's been done many times, but I only remember from Starship Troopers.

I just finished watching "All us us are Dead" on Netflix. We have zombies everywhere and the number of times people walked into a room and forget to close the door behind them. Zombies, like close the door.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    I take you mean 'future'. I wouldn't be surprised if it's been done many times, but I only remember from Starship Troopers.
    RoboCop, Aliens, Battlestar Galactica (remake) off the top of my head. Probably more, but it still doesn't outnumber "its the future, so of COURSE its dystopian!" trope.