Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I'm watching a Star Trek episode where Kirk and Spock knock out several guards, put on the guards' uniforms and of course the uniforms fit Kirk and Spock without a problem. Apparently one size fits all.
    The worst example of that is Star Wars, where Han Solo and Luke Skywalker put on the Stormtrooper uniforms. When Princess Leia says to Luke, "Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?" I wonder, so how did he fit into the uniform then?
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I'm watching a Star Trek episode where Kirk and Spock knock out several guards, put on the guards' uniforms and of course the uniforms fit Kirk and Spock without a problem. Apparently one size fits all.
    Does that trope still exist after both "Raiders" and "Die Hard," however?

Ultimate Member

Unless there are like gaps built into the suits so that they fit several sizes, the black material is stretchy or something like that...

Extraordinary Member

Parents apologizing to their kids for yelling at them even tho they were bad. Like wtf....

Mostly from sitcoms:

- People can walk into other people's apartments from the outside without a key.
    - No one ever washes their hands or changes their shoes when they come inside. I realize that sadly there are people who don't do that even in real life, also they have to do it on TV for time reasons, but since I'm a germaphobe it still bugs me.
    - Women go to bed in full make-up and wake up with it, as well as with perfect hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Mostly from sitcoms:

- People can walk into other people's apartments from the outside without a key.
    - No one ever washes their hands or changes their shoes when they come inside. I realize that sadly there are people who don't do that even in real life, also they have to do it on TV for time reasons, but since I'm a germaphobe it still bugs me.
    - Women go to bed in full make-up and wake up with it, as well as with perfect hair.
    I seem to recall that in one of the later seasons of Seinfeld, they established that Kramer did, in fact, have a key to Jerry's apartment.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Incredible Member

Women complain before they have kids to their husbands about how childbirth is going to ruin there bodies.

People hand vital information or banking info to someone on a tiny scrap piece of paper. The SWAT movie where the bad guys hands a bank account number for 100 million dollars to the money guys on a little tiny piece of paper!

Making shows about thugs and blue-collar people having way overly complex storylines. Several episodes of drama for a normal pay off! Hell on Wheels and Sons and Anarchy are prime examples of this!

Not like I hate this or anything, but when people are looking for something and get frustrated that they can’t find it after a minute or two and then a van or something moves out of the way and they’re like there it is! Like they really found it by looking.

The parent (usually the mother) making a HUGE breakfast big enough to feed a small country...and the people she makes it for are ALWAYS running late, so they grab a piece of bacon maybe a sip of juice and leave.

I like to think this one is due to early major casting tests, and not something more creepy.

_______All or most of the women on the show look very much like the same lead actress._______

Hopefully they desired the lead roll have a certain appearance and then narrowed it down to two dozen or so actresses. Only one got the part naturally, but many others then gained call backs for minor rolls, often for a single program story. The drawback is that all the women end up looking related. The creepy option is that the casting director 'has a type.'

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    I like to think this one is due to early major casting tests, and not something more creepy.

_______All or most of the women on the show look very much like the same lead actress._______

Hopefully they desired the lead roll have a certain appearance and then narrowed it down to two dozen or so actresses. Only one got the part naturally, but many others then gained call backs for minor rolls, often for a single program story. The drawback is that all the women end up looking related. The creepy option is that the casting director 'has a type.'
    In the past, I've seen actresses say exactly that. The producer either personally has a type OR they think that the audience they're selling the show to wants to see a certain type.

Incredible Member

in spy thirller movies the bad guy always has a SWISS bank account, I mean why is that specific, why Switzerland? why not a smaller rinky dink bank to make their evil schemes less obvious?

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    in spy thirller movies the bad guy always has a SWISS bank account, I mean why is that specific, why Switzerland? why not a smaller rinky dink bank to make their evil schemes less obvious?
    I thought that was because Swiss bank accounts are hard to trace. I feel like that's changed in recent years, but, that's always the excuse given in such movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    Hard to trace and the laws making it almost impossible to seize funds. At least in the older times.

There is also a very large number or off shore bank accounts.

As always life would be much more simple if we all lived with the Simpsons.

Last edited by babyblob; 01-25-2022 at 07:58 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Invincible Member

TV drama during the climatic court scene defendant is found guilty and rushes the judge or the witness on the stand.