Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    There seem to be very few divorced single parents on TV.
    Deleted. Off topic.

As I think about it, you're right. Very few in sitcoms especially.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 03-29-2021 at 12:21 PM.

There seem to be very few divorced single parents on TV.
    Wasn't Jon Cryer on Two-and-a-half Men a single divorced dad?
    Watching television is not an activity.

The untalented person has a bunch of spectacular things happen to them and then all of a sudden they're incredible at almost everything.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Wasn't Jon Cryer on Two-and-a-half Men a single divorced dad?
    Ross Gellar on Friends
    Frasier Crane on Frasier
    Reba Hart on Reba
    Ann Ramono on One Day At A Time
    Kate and Allie on Kate And Allie

I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting

A couple more..

Hbo show Divorce (Its in the tittle)

Better Things

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Grace and Frankie
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

The "OMG, you didn't tell me your deepest darkest secret on our first date and I'm only now finding out about it rant."

Sisco's girlfriend did it the best. "I completely understand why you didn't tell me." So many TV shows do this rant and it is old, and stale, and pointless.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Ultimate Member

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but cop shows where the heroes need something checked or processed by the ME or someone in the lab and they say, "Put a rush on it" or "Make this one a rush job". I want the ME to be like, "It's the same thing every other week with you! Look, you're not the only cop in this precinct working murders! Why do I have to drop everything I'm doing just to work on your case?"

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but cop shows where the heroes need something checked or processed by the ME or someone in the lab and they say, "Put a rush on it" or "Make this one a rush job". I want the ME to be like, "It's the same thing every other week with you! Look, you're not the only cop in this precinct working murders! Why do I have to drop everything I'm doing just to work on your case?"
    Going along with cop shows, when they go to arrest a suspect, and have to do a minute long chase scene because they didn't have cops positioned properly to simply nab him.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

When a villain starts talking to much in the 3rd act.

Some villains, it makes sense.

Other villains, shut up and fight the hero.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Going along with cop shows, when they go to arrest a suspect, and have to do a minute long chase scene because they didn't have cops positioned properly to simply nab him.
    Or after they arrest the suspect said suspect decides to just tell every single thing without a lawyer.

Like in one episode of CSI Miami a few years back. They tell the guy we know you murdered this person because we found you toenail in his shoes. Rather then saying yea you did because the guy lived with my for 6 months and one day I put his shoes on by mistake to take out the trash he breaks down.
    "Yes I killed that man, and kicked the dog, and littered, and stole the cats milk, and made fun of the the old woman's dress as she left the store. Get me a pen and paper and I will write down a hundred more things I did that you dont know about."

When I went through the legal system I had the detective do the whole "Help me help you by telling me what you did."
    I said "Yea that is what lawyers are for so let me get one."
    Last edited by babyblob; 04-02-2021 at 06:51 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I like your answer of "get me a lawyer". I hate when some average Joe is arrested and he shouts "Call my lawyer!" Like how many people have a criminal attorney on retainer? I have used two lawyers, a real estate attorney to by my home and another to write a will, neither could help me if I were arrested and neither would anyone know it I just said "Call my lawyer!"
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I like your answer of "get me a lawyer". I hate when some average Joe is arrested and he shouts "Call my lawyer!" Like how many people have a criminal attorney on retainer? I have used two lawyers, a real estate attorney to by my home and another to write a will, neither could help me if I were arrested and neither would anyone know it I just said "Call my lawyer!"
    i didnt have one on retainer. but When i asked for one they sent someone from the public defenders office. I had to sit in a holding cell and wait for one to get there as I was taken in in the middle of the night. But the second I asked for a lawyer the detective did not keep talking to me like they do in the shows or keep egging me on to get me to say some thing. he asked are you sure you want a lawyer. I said yes and he picked up his papers and left the room.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    i didnt have one on retainer. but When i asked for one they sent someone from the public defenders office. I had to sit in a holding cell and wait for one to get there as I was taken in in the middle of the night. But the second I asked for a lawyer the detective did not keep talking to me like they do in the shows or keep egging me on to get me to say some thing. he asked are you sure you want a lawyer. I said yes and he picked up his papers and left the room.
    On many episodes of Law and Order, as soon as the suspect asks for a lawyer, the detectives usually leave until a lawyer gets there. In fact, it's usually a famous guest star as the defense attorney.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    On many episodes of Law and Order, as soon as the suspect asks for a lawyer, the detectives usually leave until a lawyer gets there. In fact, it's usually a famous guest star as the defense attorney.
    law and Order is good about it most of the time. But I have seen cop shows where the suspect asks for a lawyer and the detective keeps egging the guy on getting him to say things. Butgs the crap out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    By extension, ordering a rush job on something that would still take at least a couple days of testing because science. Even if there was a clean slate and no other jobs on the board, there are some tests that simply require the passage of time for any number of reasons.

"I need these lab results in an hour."
    "But the test takes 24 hours to complete, even if I started right now."
    "I said an hour!"
    "..."