Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 525 of 591
  1. #511
    Astonishing Member TheRay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2,901

    Default

    The John Mulaney joke of characters on cop shows seemingly being able to remember everyone they’ve ever seen. Let alone met.

  2. #512
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    The John Mulaney joke of characters on cop shows seemingly being able to remember everyone they’ve ever seen. Let alone met.
    This^^^ Ask me were I was on a day last week and I have to think very hard, and even then I might not remember. "Where were you Oct. 18, 2015?" is a question almost no one could answer.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  3. #513
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    This^^^ Ask me were I was on a day last week and I have to think very hard, and even then I might not remember. "Where were you Oct. 18, 2015?" is a question almost no one could answer.
    Yeah, though I can believe that detectives have experience and training to remember a lot of different things, the fact that some witness or suspect can give a detailed account of some random specific time a few days ago - or in Cold Case type shows, years ago - just defies believability.

    Also, I am continuously baffled how many people willingly speak to the police without a lawyer. If you don't have a lawyer, get one. If you can't afford it, don't talk to the police. You aren't required to talk to the police.

    However, in both cases, it's mainly just to keep the story moving along, but except for a few exceptions, there is nothing accurate or believable in most cop shows or murder mysteries. Like in those shows where some quirky detective is constantly solving murders in a small community. At least in Murder, She Wrote, they would often make fun of the fact that Cabot Cove had a murder rate higher than South Central Los Angeles or Miami during the drug war.

  4. #514
    Mighty Member MoneySpider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    This reminds of me of the voice mail I used to have that would piss everyone off. I'd pretend I answered the phone and then they'd realize it was just a recording.
    My niece has a voice mail message like that. I can't tell you how many times I fell for it, too. "Fool me once, shame on....shame on...you. You fool me, can't get fooled again."

    Or so I thought. But it sounded so real and genuine every time she said "Hello? Hi!"
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

  5. #515
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,647

    Default

    In quite a few of the DC movies and TV shows, the hero is in trouble and a crowd of regular, normal folks decide to charge in. For what, to be torn to shreds or incinerated.

    In Arrow, we had the usual gang of ninjas taken over a city and then street kids with clubs stepped up.

    If you haven't notice the USA is awash with AR-15s in the public's hands Where I lived there were five sporting goods stores in 10 minutes of time with about 20 on the shelves, let along tens of semi auto handguns. Good bye, ninja gangs, joker clowns or anyone with some superhero invulnerability.

  6. #516
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,195

    Default

    People surviving high speed car wrecks and just walking away, especially when the car does a triple flip and lands on the roof. It just doesn't work like that.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  7. #517
    Astonishing Member TheRay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    My niece has a voice mail message like that. I can't tell you how many times I fell for it, too. "Fool me once, shame on....shame on...you. You fool me, can't get fooled again."
    Nice. I like to see people who have my sense of humor.

  8. #518
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    People surviving high speed car wrecks and just walking away, especially when the car does a triple flip and lands on the roof. It just doesn't work like that.
    No frickin' kidding! Whenever I was in a minor car accident, no injuries, no major damage, I was useless the rest of the day.

  9. #519
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    8,302

    Default

    Probably been said, maybe on page 1, but just to be sure; shipping every character that interacts except for the actual relationships happening. It happens in nearly every series and film. One example? Supernatural. Some people constantly ship the two main leads, despite them being brothers.

    Make it make sense!

  10. #520
    Astonishing Member TheRay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2,901

    Default

    When a character pretends never to have heard of something that's ubiquitous. No adult is that oblivious.

  11. #521
    Extraordinary Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    6,179

    Default

    I know its been said. but I watching a dumb horror movie and I have to agree with this.
    A perosn says I know this sounds crazy and unbelievable but... And then gets pissed and doesnt get why people dont believe the story he is telling.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  12. #522
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    When a character pretends never to have heard of something that's ubiquitous. No adult is that oblivious.
    You have never met my Father-In-Law. "Star Wars? What is that?"
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  13. #523
    Extraordinary Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    6,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    When a character pretends never to have heard of something that's ubiquitous. No adult is that oblivious.
    I can see it with Pop Culture. I didnt even know who Lady Gaga was until I saw her in a rerun of The Simpsons last year. And I just heard of Linkin Park for the first time 2 weeks ago. No clue who they were but my friend was listening to one of their songs and I was like "Man these guys are good are they new?" She looked at me like I grew a second head. Turns out I really love them.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  14. #524
    Extraordinary Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    6,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    You have never met my Father-In-Law. "Star Wars? What is that?"
    Dude really? How does someone go that long with out even hearing a Star Wars Refence some where?
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  15. #525
    Extraordinary Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnathan View Post
    Also, I am continuously baffled how many people willingly speak to the police without a lawyer. If you don't have a lawyer, get one. If you can't afford it, don't talk to the police. You aren't required to talk to the police.
    That's because every character except one is not guilty and they just want to get it over with. There are plenty of scenes where the cops threaten to harass someone until they agree to be questioned so they can clear their name.

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    If you haven't notice the USA is awash with AR-15s in the public's hands Where I lived there were five sporting goods stores in 10 minutes of time with about 20 on the shelves, let along tens of semi auto handguns. Good bye, ninja gangs, joker clowns or anyone with some superhero invulnerability.
    That's because this is the superhero genre, not (real life) horror. That's what the purge is. (oh, and the news - we saw what happened when armed civilians try to be vigilantes -- Goodbye black man running around our neighborhood)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-29-2021 at 07:17 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •