Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 414748495051

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    A Woman screaming in the background at the top of her lungs over some random violent act.

Boarding up windows and doors with scrap lumber in a very haphazard manner.
    There's a bizarre bit of that in CITIZEN KANE during the picnic scene.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Wearing glasses means you are smart. I wear glasses because I have bad eyesight. I'm not smart.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    Wearing glasses means you are smart. I wear glasses because I have bad eyesight. I'm not smart.
    Adjacent to this is "you're ugly with glasses, but as soon as they come off you're beautiful".

On the FBI TV show, there are like 2 agents on the streets / out in the field working and 735 people working in the main office. lol

Extraordinary Member

On TV shows, characters will meet for lunch and only have drinks.

I would be STARVING by the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    When disguised or masked characters reveal themselves for the camera when there's no in-story reason for them to do so.
    I can't really think of any movie or show were they reveal themselves for the camera for no reason? Isn't it usually they go home take the mask off because they are home and we get to see it or something?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I can't really think of any movie or show were they reveal themselves for the camera for no reason? Isn't it usually they go home take the mask off because they are home and we get to see it or something?
    No, it's like when someone with a bulletproof vest gets shot. 9 times out of 10 they're going to remove/push aside whatever they're wearing to show the audience.

As far my my original gripe goes, the first one that comes to mind is the season 5 premiere of The Walking Dead (post-credits) when it's revealed a "mysterious stranger" is following the gang, who then turns to look beyond the camera and for no reason removes their mask (or, perhaps more accurately, was wearing a mask for no reason other than for the reveal).

Last edited by Conn Seanery; 02-25-2024 at 12:22 PM.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Incredible Member

Movies that make anyone who hunts animals out to be an automatic a caveman who trying to make up for something they lack.
    Last edited by gwhh; 03-07-2024 at 03:53 PM.