Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    I admit I cried at the end of Titanic, but I couldn't help but think "Jack committed suicide to save a woman he only knew for 3 days?"
    i fell asleep at the end of titanic. jack who?

on topic, everything that happens at TWD[(donŽt waste ammo)lol]. otherwise iŽd complain about cars exploding at the slightest impact. but that doesnŽt seem to be a thing anymore

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    i fell asleep at the end of titanic. jack who?

on topic, everything that happens at TWD[(donŽt waste ammo)lol]. otherwise iŽd complain about cars exploding at the slightest impact. but that doesnŽt seem to be a thing anymore
    The guy they're always talking about in Fight Club.

Boisterously Confused

Continuity errors between shots. Photographed looking toward the actor, his jacket's buttoned, shot cuts to a side view, his jackets' open, shot cuts back to looking toward the actor, his jacket's buttoned. Looking toward the actor, they make a big deal of cocking the pistol, cut to a shot from behind, the hammer's down, cut back to looking toward the actor, the hammer's cocked. Grrrrrrrrrrr

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Continuity errors between shots. Photographed looking toward the actor, his jacket's buttoned, shot cuts to a side view, his jackets' open, shot cuts back to looking toward the actor, his jacket's buttoned. Looking toward the actor, they make a big deal of cocking the pistol, cut to a shot from behind, the hammer's down, cut back to looking toward the actor, the hammer's cocked. Grrrrrrrrrrr
    If it's a great take, I don't really care about this at all. But if the scene is about nothing other then a hammer being cocked, then yeah, that they can't go the thing they're making you focus on could suck.

Musical performances where the singer is doing double duty playing an instrument, but then steps away from that instrument to just sing, yet the instrument they were playing can still be heard in the song.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    Musical performances where the singer is doing double duty playing an instrument, but then steps away from that instrument to just sing, yet the instrument they were playing can still be heard in the song.
    Related, piano playing that doesn't sync bugs me. I love American Pop, but at the end, when he's playing high and it's low, low is high... aaaaaahh! But, honestly, even just in a commercial for cereal it jumps out at me.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

When there are 50 seconds left on the countdown timer of a bomb and the dialogue between the hero and the villain takes up 2.5 minutes of movie time. I didn't see any referee stop the game clock!!!
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Related, piano playing that doesn't sync bugs me. I love American Pop, but at the end, when he's playing high and it's low, low is high... aaaaaahh! But, honestly, even just in a commercial for cereal it jumps out at me.
    This kind of thing goes for a lot of stuff, like when someone is typing and they're clearly just hitting random keys, or when someone is playing a video game and they're really laying on that controller...funnier when you can see the game going and nothing they're doing corresponds with the game.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    When there are 50 seconds left on the countdown timer of a bomb and the dialogue between the hero and the villain takes up 2.5 minutes of movie time. I didn't see any referee stop the game clock!!!
    Just in that case, or time expanding editing in general?

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Just in that case, or time expanding editing in general?

In general, I guess. This could apply to more than a ticker countdown. I used that example because it seems to be common, especially on network crime dramas.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    If it's a great take, I don't really care about this at all. But if the scene is about nothing other then a hammer being cocked, then yeah, that they can't go the thing they're making you focus on could suck.
    I win the OCD ribbon!

Fantastic Member

When a hero punches a mook clean out with a single bare-handed punch and yet the hand in question remains totally usable and apparently unharmed. Not only is it much harder to (deliberately) knock someone out with a punch than that (even a boxing 'knock-out' is very rarely one-punched into unconsciousness) but to apply the fragile bones of your hands that hard to the very thick bones of the skull WILL resort in damaged hands.

Related is when someone has been knocked unconscious, wakes up and is back on their feet and okay instantly. At the very minimum you are looking at concussion which will ruin your day however 'badass' you are.

When The Hero And Villain Working Together means that the hero must turn into a pathetic suck up who lets the villain get away with any number of crimes, and at the end, the hero will allow the villain to walk away free to commit more crimes. Both Arrow and Flash are guilty of this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx4BO3-T1LA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k843s0u7Fw
    It makes you want to grab the hero and smash their faces into a wall until they get it through their heads to just take out the villain already.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Haddock View Post
    When a hero punches a mook clean out with a single bare-handed punch and yet the hand in question remains totally usable and apparently unharmed. Not only is it much harder to (deliberately) knock someone out with a punch than that (even a boxing 'knock-out' is very rarely one-punched into unconsciousness) but to apply the fragile bones of your hands that hard to the very thick bones of the skull WILL resort in damaged hands.

Related is when someone has been knocked unconscious, wakes up and is back on their feet and okay instantly. At the very minimum you are looking at concussion which will ruin your day however 'badass' you are.
    What is the movie going for? Is it a cartoonish action movie, or is it going for realistic depictions of violence? I feel like tone and intent play a role in this.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Haddock View Post

Also related is the level of damage that a bare-knuckled punch actually does to the human face in real life. There's a reason boxers wear padded gloves. This was well described by Mark Millar in a "making of" feature on the first "Kick-Ass" when he talked about how he'd been punched in the face once in his life and it made him want to depict violence in a realistic way. He said what he remembered about it was "My face just exploded!"