Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Or the facial recognition software that looks through every data base in the country in about five minutes to find someones identity.

BANNED

Characters who exist for the sole purpose of being wrong and disliked by the audience. Looking at you Die Hard and Die Harder.

Dark age to Renaissance;

Anytime they show swords cutting through metal armour as though it offered no protection. If it didn't work they wouldn't have worn it.

Floppy leather armour with metal studs Never existed, OK.

Bows drawn back as if to fire and then just held there. You can't do that with a warbow the draw weights were much too large.

A commander of archers shouting "fire", really? In a pre-gunpowder age what does shooting have to do with fire?

Torches inside rooms and staircases. No, they used candles and lanterns. They didn't want to fill their houses with smoke anymore than they had to.

No colour. Even by the nobles. not with their clothes, not on the walls, everything is a dirty white, an oily black or brown and unless its Italy, walls are never plastered, not even the churches! All completely wrong. They did wash their linen, they loved colour, most people were illiterate so they needed bright illustration for shops signs, they loved decoration and the churches were mostly Catholic for gods sake!

People driving a car turning their heads to talk to the person in the passenger's seat for more than a few seconds.

If I did that, I'd cause my car to hit other cars and launch into the air, flipping over and exploding.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

When they have people empty the first two shotgun cartridges in their unfired pump action shotgun to threaten someone. Why would you do that? Now you have two less shots to fire??

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    People driving a car turning their heads to talk to the person in the passenger's seat for more than a few seconds.

If I did that, I'd cause my car to hit other cars and launch into the air, flipping over and exploding.
    God yes! that bugs me to hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    Dark age to Renaissance;

Anytime they show swords cutting through metal armour as though it offered no protection. If it didn't work they wouldn't have worn it.

Floppy leather armour with metal studs Never existed, OK.

Bows drawn back as if to fire and then just held there. You can't do that with a warbow the draw weights were much too large.

A commander of archers shouting "fire", really? In a pre-gunpowder age what does shooting have to do with fire?

Torches inside rooms and staircases. No, they used candles and lanterns. They didn't want to fill their houses with smoke anymore than they had to.

No colour. Even by the nobles. not with their clothes, not on the walls, everything is a dirty white, an oily black or brown and unless its Italy, walls are never plastered, not even the churches! All completely wrong. They did wash their linen, they loved colour, most people were illiterate so they needed bright illustration for shops signs, they loved decoration and the churches were mostly Catholic for gods sake!
    All good points. I never considered the warbow issue. Now I'm gonna start yelling at the TV even more now! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    God yes! that bugs me to hell!

The second I saw the thread title, that's what popped in my head!

A New York one. Running through back alleys. There are maybe two or three real street access alleys in all of Manhattan and they are gated. Maybe in the 20s and 30s there were more (when the NY Streets in Hollywood lots were built) but now there just aren't any.

BANNED

Oh here's one.

How come every single date in every movie or TV show is at 8 o clock? It's always, "meet me at 8," or "pick me up at 8." Isn't that a little late? I would assume 5 or 6 would be better, you'd have more time to do things. But no, it's always 8.

And notice how in most cases neither individual provides any details on where to pick them up or where they're going or even their phone number, so realistically it's safe to assume the date is never happening.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post

?

And any object you wish to hide behind is bullet proof. A fabric couch, a car door, a house plant. As long as they can't see you, they can't shoot you.

Oooh, since we're bringing up anachronisms, anytime someone pre-19th century says "Hello." The word first appeared in writing in the 1830s, but became far more widespread thanks to Thomas Edison and the telephone.

So whenever Caesar says, "Hello, Brutus," then I'm totally okay with the stabbing.

BANNED

You know something that bugs me in a tv show? When the events that are happening to different characters all align to make a larger point. This is OK in movies, it's even ok to do it every once in awhile on tv, but when characters are having this happen to them about every week it gets pretty stupid.

Also how all cop shows have basically fallen into basic cop show tv formula. Even the cop shows people go crazy over seem to follow the same basic cop show formula.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodofthegods View Post
    ?
    Turn around, Dwayne!!! Jeeeez! You're freaking me out!