Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    More to the point, people still committing crimes when the hero exists or is right there. I don't mean Joker or people like that, but you still have regular thugs robbing banks in Gotham. Like what is the plan?
    TBF, if someone is considering robbing a bank as the quickest route to getting rich, superheroes or no, they aren't exactly thinking rationally.

Extraordinary Member

Not really a bug. But kinda funny how there's always a blunt or sharp object in arm's reach. When someone is on their back getting strangled.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I don't think I ever really need to hear the phrase "I thought you'd be bigger/taller" again.
    I'm starting to grow tired of "I thought you'd get here sooner".

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Cop show where cop goes undercover and meets Mr Big, find the secret drug stash, find the evidence whatever...in what seems like two days. Undercover operations can take weeks and many times months before law enforcement can make a case.
    Wiseguy was very refreshing on that point.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Wiseguy was very refreshing on that point.
    The toes knows...

Retired

Destination weddings. I get that this is apparently a real thing--although I've never known anyone who has gone to one. It seems like people rubbing their privilege in my face. I guess it allows a good set-up for a movie--a bunch of people gathered in one place for a specific period of time. But I'm instantly uninvolved with any of the characters, if they have the means to travel to some exotic location for a wedding. My father nearly bankrupted himself paying for my sisters' weddings which were local (my mother made the dresses by hand)--the idea of paying for air travel and hotel rooms boggles my mind.

This goes under the larger heading of how easily characters can fly anywhere in the world, sometimes at a moment's notice, as if it doesn't cost an arm and a leg and they don't need to book months in advance. Clearly these are movies created by millionaires who never lived in the real world.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The toes knows...
    We should have realized what a creepy bloke Spacey was off that one brilliant performance.

I hate Wedding movies in general. They are all the same couple basic plots. Bride/Groom realizes they are in love with best friend/wedding planner/ex/random person they met 5 days before the wedding. Or despite this being the big day for the couple and everything having to be perfect they invite just the worst people they know to the wedding who of course mess things up.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    TBF, if someone is considering robbing a bank as the quickest route to getting rich, superheroes or no, they aren't exactly thinking rationally.
    Excellent point. The technical genius of some villains could go commercial for billions. Invent antigravity, makes boots, fly to bank, get punched out by Superman. Invent antigravity - bidding war by Boeing, Airbus, etc. - make billions.

Look at Spiderman - his webbing would make a fortune. The woman who invented Liquid Paper, way back when, made $47000000.

Astonishing Member

Every team has a computer genius that can hack into all goverments in a few minutes. Everyone can become a martial artist in a few weeks.

Where do the construction crews for all the super duper places come from? I'm watching houses being built. It takes significant earth moving machines to make a foundation. The dry wall is delivered by a kind of robot arm thing that picks up a stack of sheets and puts them into the house.

A caravan of cement trucks to the secret hide out ? Huh?

Why do henchmen, who are in it for the money, stay with villains who either, routinely kill their underlings at random, or stay with them when attacking the heroes in a gunfight as one after another of their compatriots is killed. Is this evil asshole really worth dying for?

I also feel bad for the security guards working for the big industrialist who is also an evil villain. Do they know why James Bond is killing them? I mean they probably think they have a legit job.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I have wondered that as well. Like why is anyone really working for The Joker? Like I can see the crazies maybe. But even they have to sit back at some point and say I know this guy is my hero but he has killed half of my friends for no reason.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I hate Wedding movies in general. They are all the same couple basic plots. Bride/Groom realizes they are in love with best friend/wedding planner/ex/random person they met 5 days before the wedding. Or despite this being the big day for the couple and everything having to be perfect they invite just the worst people they know to the wedding who of course mess things up.
    Well then, I have a personal question for you, babyblob. If and when you ever get married, would you invite that aunt of yours to the wedding?
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Why do henchmen, who are in it for the money, stay with villains who either, routinely kill their underlings at random, or stay with them when attacking the heroes in a gunfight as one after another of their compatriots is killed. Is this evil asshole really worth dying for?

I also feel bad for the security guards working for the big industrialist who is also an evil villain. Do they know why James Bond is killing them? I mean they probably think they have a legit job.
    I remember a Simpsons episode where Homer got a new job working for a guy who turned out to be a Bondian supervillain. Everyone else could see what the guy really was, but Homer of course, was completely oblivious and kept defending his new boss.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Excellent point. The technical genius of some villains could go commercial for billions. Invent antigravity, makes boots, fly to bank, get punched out by Superman. Invent antigravity - bidding war by Boeing, Airbus, etc. - make billions.

Look at Spiderman - his webbing would make a fortune. The woman who invented Liquid Paper, way back when, made $47000000.
    That's why I like the more modern versions of Lex Luthor and Norman Osbourne...they actually are successful businessmen aside from their high-jinx.

Having said that, I'm pretty sure back in the Stan Lee days, they did an issue where Parker tries to sell his web formula to an adhesives company and they tell him to take a walk cuz it dissolves after an hour.