Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Retired

Glasses do have reflections and are noticeable. When you look through the glass it refracts the light so you can see through the wearer's face (at a certain angle). All of these things are weird about glasses--which us glasses wearers are fully aware of, living with them every day. We can't help but notice what glasses do. So when I see someone wearing glasses with no glass in them, that calls my attention to it and I start looking at that instead of what I should be looking at in the scene. Other people may have a different experience--but I was talking about myself.

I have never seen a Day for Night scene that looked like night.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I believe back to the Keystone Cops. Vendor carts were prevalent on city streets then.
    You mean the film Love, Loot, and Crash?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    You mean the film Love, Loot, and Crash?
    Not a specific film (and your knowledge of the K Cops is probably greater than mine) but the vendor cart is a staple of those early silent comedies. Especially in the Mack Sennett movies.
    More than that, in silent films of the era showing real city streets, push carts are prevalent.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 09-23-2021 at 05:52 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I guess we have no choice but to conclude that, around the time those films were shot, such carts were actually ubiquitous.

I guess we have no choice but to conclude that, around the time those films were shot, such carts were actually ubiquitous.
    It appears so from the films, photos and paintings.

Here is a double page spread from an autobiographical story Jack Kirby did. It portrays his life as a kid in the Lower East Side of NY in the early 30s.

Notice the pushcarts.

Little Italy, NY. 1900

We also see Kirby using the escape thanks to the Push cart trope in Fantastic Four 15. 3rd Panel.

07.jpg
    Last edited by babyblob; 09-23-2021 at 12:35 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    We also see Jirby using the escape thanks to the Push cart trope in Fantastic Four 15.
    Jirby? That's a new one on me. I'm not sure I like it. Just say the King and everyone here will know who you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Jirby? That's a new one on me. I'm not sure I like it. Just say the King and everyone here will know who you mean.
    Fat Fingers little keyboard
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Fat Fingers little keyboard
    Ah, I thought it was a deliberate contraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Ah, I thought it was a deliberate contraction.
    Didnt even think of that. But I can see how that works. Happy accident.

Incredible Member

People commit suicide for no real reason or just to end a plot line or story. (man in high castle ending)

1000-year-old equipment starts right up after not being used for 1000 years. My lawnmower doesn't work in the spring after being out of commission for the winter and fall! (star gate or star trek tv shows come to mind right away

Instead of people on the run. Hiding out in the bad neighborhoods they come from. Why cant they come from rich areas and hid out in those while on the run. (GI JOE 2 plot line comes to mind right away)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Never saw this picture before, looks like a seek and find.

Never saw this picture before, looks like a seek and find.
    It's a great little story by Kirby in a book called Streetwise. You may be able to find it scanned online. It's all just Kirby pencils.