Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

A random thing which bugs me, is when Alan Jonah lets Emma Russell randomly go in Godzilla 2019; she says "I can fix this", to which Jonah exhibits a slight facial reaction, and then instantly says let her go. It's confusing

Santa having a sliding scale of powers.

Astonishing Member

The time it takes to realize that the bad things happening are due to zombies or vampires.

I wonder in our world, if such occurred would we not immediately realize this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    The time it takes to realize that the bad things happening are due to zombies or vampires.

Some would call it fake news or say it was caused by the Covid vaccine or some other nonsense (and in fairness, most out-there conspiracy thinking is at least more reality based generally than zombies or vampires) until they were getting bit, one way or another. Used to have faith that humanity would become more open and knowledgeable as the world shrank and everyone had access to the world's knowledge through the internet. Turns out they just choose more colorful bulls##t that complements their lifelong biases.

Incredible Member

When someone says abort over a radio. Someone argues with them. Instead of just aborting the mission.

Woman only have a few professional occupational in the movies. Especially in love story movies.

Surrogate families in any form. Criminal, sports, super heroes. They make no sense in my opinion.
    Last edited by gwhh; 10-31-2021 at 09:48 AM.

You are kidding right? I mean we had a global pandemic ignored by the President of the United States. And to this day their are people who will tell you it is no worse than the Flu.

Then there is Global Climate Change.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Well, you got me there. When the Orange Overlord returns in 2024, he will say the Zombie Apocalypse is the flu and take horse wormer. Just like that new satirical zombie show (forgot it) where they want the public to use those dog cones on zombies.

Astonishing Member

Trying to make up new superpowers as the standards are taken : flying, superspeed, strength, energy projection, etc.

The Eternals pull some out of their butts - energy melee weapons - duh.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Characters who exist for the sole purpose of being wrong and disliked by the audience. Looking at you Die Hard and Die Harder.
    Thornburg serves a narrative purpose in the first Die Hard. He's the reason that Hans finds out who Holly is. And he gives Holly a nice little hero moment of her own at the very end.

Most zombie movies operate on the conceit that popular zombie fiction doesn't exist. There were no Romero movies in The Walking Dead, etc...
    The ones that *do* have zombie fiction are almost always comedies.

With vampires, it's annoying that people even in recent movies will go to "an expert" or look through various books just to get the same basic vampire info that's available in 10 seconds on google.
    Last edited by Jared; 11-01-2021 at 07:30 PM.

As much as dumb people in Horror movies bug me there would be no movie if any one in them had an once of common sense. 4 words spoken by the lead and the movie is over.

"Hey look. The abandoned house where that guy killed his family 30 years ago. You know that guy who just escaped from the mental hospital. Want to go snoop around in there?"
    "Nah man im good."

"Hey look I just got this book of magic spells from a shop that was never in town before and was gone when I went there again this morning. Want to go summon deamons as a goof?"
    "Nah man im good."

"Hey look a side road that takes us off this busy highway and into a rural back woods area. Wouldnt it be fun to use that shortcut and see the country sights?"
    "Nah man im good."

"Hey loom an ad in the paper. They are hiring workers for that camp where all of those horny teens got murdered last year. They never caught the killer. Do you want to go work there?"
    "Nah man im good."
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Police asking people where they were months or even years ago on a specific day at a specific time, as if anyone remembers that.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Movies and tv not having a realistic amount of gossip. I don't know personally, but, from what I gather, people who have friends do nothing but trash talk everyone else around them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Police asking people where they were months or even years ago on a specific day at a specific time, as if anyone remembers that.
    I remember back on may 16th at 405pm in 1992. The sky was over cast and there was a light 4 MPH breeze coming in form the West. I was at a Burger King ordering a Cheeseburger with no Pickles. There was a blue Ford pick up truck with a busted right headlight 3rd in line at the drive through window. There cashier was a blonde woman in her mid 40's with bags under her eyes. She had a mayo stain on her left sleeve. I was talking to my friend when he asked what I did the night before! But I couldnt remember what I had done.

That is what bugs me in movies. people who remember the most detailed crap from years ago but cant remember what was happening the night or even the week before.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Movies and tv not having a realistic amount of gossip. I don't know personally, but, from what I gather, people who have friends do nothing but trash talk everyone else around them.
    Are you saying you don't have any friends?

People asking who is it when someone knocks at the front door. I can't recall a time when I've ever done that.