Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Or showing me stuff that I simply don't care about. Bleach did this one. Entire episodes dedicated to people we had no interest in.
    Not necessarily people we have no interest in, but I can definitely get behind relationships we have no interest in. Dragon Ball does that a lot.

All-New Member

When a character wakes up in the morning, next thing he does is brush his toots.
    Then most of the time the next scene is the character going in the kitchen "I'm late for work/school" then take a sip of coffee and leave.

Quote Originally Posted by mega_pac View Post
    When a character wakes up in the morning, next thing he does is brush his toots.
    Then most of the time the next scene is the character going in the kitchen "I'm late for work/school" then take a sip of coffee and leave.
    I love spellcheck. You probably left off the "h" in teeth, (teet?) so we have somebody brushing his toots. And our imagination takes us from there.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I love spellcheck. You probably left off the "h" in teeth, (teet?) so we have somebody brushing his toots. And our imagination takes us from there.
    My first language isn't english, but yeah, I mean those things in the mouth

When someone is being asked questions by the police and they're like "what's with the third degree?". Not every investigator is Sherlock Holmes.

Quote Originally Posted by mega_pac View Post
    I hate when characters wake up in bed next to each other from the previous night, and they immediately start kissing. You KNOW in-universe, their breath would be foul!
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    When someone is being asked questions by the police and they're like "what's with the third degree?". Not every investigator is Sherlock Holmes.
    Again, it is always funny how people in shows react to police and questioning.

However, even in shows that are essentially documentaries of real police, people actually respond to the police in a lot of the same ways. It's like tv shows have subliminally conditioned people to act a certain way around cops. In shows like THE FIRST 48 (hours), I'm constantly surprised how often the detectives have no evidence they could present in court, but the suspect ends up telling them everything they need to know. Even in the show, when a suspect refuses to talk without first speaking to an attorney, they almost always release them without charges.

My basic pet peeve generally has to do with the inconsistent rules of superpowers in movies. Especially with characters that can move fast or manipulate time. Obviously every iteration of The Flash is guilty of this. There are times when the Flash can rescue someone from a lightning strike and then he can't stop someone else moving at normal human speed from getting away because he like throws a car at some innocent people. I mean, if you can move faster than lightning - which is nearly the speed of light - then you could easily punch the bad guy 20,000 times and still have time to save the bystanders.

Like in the recent Zack Snyder version of the Justice League. In the final battle, The Flash is running in a circle to build up a major electrical charge (like when you scoot your feet on carpet I guess) and it has already been established that he can literally move faster than light - and still somehow perceive light too. Meanwhile a bad guy is trying to shoot The Flash with some kind of energy blast. Now, this isn't some tiny nigh-imperceptible projectile like a bullet, it is a massive block of red crackling energy as bright as a lighthouse. So, the Flash could obviously see it coming, and to him moving at his speed, it should basically look like it is standing still.

And it still hits him! I mean, from everything we've seen earlier in the movie - and all that was established fairly well - he would have had to intentionally run into it.
    Last edited by Johnathan; 01-08-2022 at 09:25 AM.

Rule #1. NEVER talk to the police without a lawyer present.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Spectacular Member

Rule #1. NEVER talk to the police without a lawyer present.
    Yeah, I don't think people really understand that there is no such thing as a casual conversation with the authorities. "Lying to the police" is something you can be charged for and how certain are you that everything you say can be verified or that you remembered it correctly?

I mean if you are a witness or just trying to help out, sure, talk to the police. But if you are involved at all, or are associated with someone who is. Get a damn lawyer!
    That guilty people don't get a lawyer, especially if they worry it will "make them look guilty" is stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathan View Post
    Again, it is always funny how people in shows react to police and questioning.
    It's just weird how oddly combative it is. Part of the job of police is to find out information. Flipping out because they're asking some questions is just, well, odd.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    It's just weird how oddly combative it is. Part of the job of police is to find out information. Flipping out because they're asking some questions is just, well, odd.
    Yeah, that is generally annoying and I bet a lot of that is film school b.s. where they need "conflict" in every scene so that always translates to arguing.

Spectacular Member

I mean if you are a witness or just trying to help out, sure, talk to the police. But if you are involved at all, or are associated with someone who is. Get a damn lawyer!
    That guilty people don't get a lawyer, especially if they worry it will "make them look guilty" is stupidity.
    True - in real life, police are not trying to catch criminals with dogged determination. They aren't bad people, but it is a job like any other jobs. A detective has to clear cases, and if they can build a case against someone, often they will even if that ends up putting an innocent person in jail. There are a lot of ways to avoid accountability. The police deliver the case to the prosecutor and they can say it's the D.A.'s responsibility and the prosecutors can say they were just arguing the case they were given. If you're a "person of interest" then you are a target - the police would like you to be the one they can build a case against. So, especially for innocent people, having legal representation is absolutely necessary - better than having an alibi.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathan View Post
    Yeah, that is generally annoying and I bet a lot of that is film school b.s. where they need "conflict" in every scene so that always translates to arguing.
    I just definitely don't think it translates well. Even if you're emotional, which is fine on its own, you're not going to turn something very serious into, essentially, a joke by insinuating that the police are throwing whatever they can out there and hoping something sticks, no matter how nonsensical it is.

I'm watching a Star Trek episode where Kirk and Spock knock out several guards, put on the guards' uniforms and of course the uniforms fit Kirk and Spock without a problem. Apparently one size fits all.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi