Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    When this happens:

I go, "You're gonna miss or wildly cluster your shots ... at best."
    That's a thing people actual do do somethings when shooting. That it's not a good way to shoot a gun is a different matter.

Any time tv or film try to portray the military. I can probably count on one hand the ones that actually did a decent to good job.

Seriously it's like an ice pick in my ears when I hear them say "Sarge" or put on some weird persona where they all puff out there chests and act tough. It's about as believable as the original A Team.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

BANNED

On Gilligan's Island, people keep finding the island and meeting the castaways but then they just leave the castaways on the island at the end of the episode.

How could all those people not want to help them get off the island? What a cruel world we live in where so many people don't want to help out people in need.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Moriarty View Post
    On Gilligan's Island, people keep finding the island and meeting the castaways but then they just leave the castaways on the island at the end of the episode.

How could all those people not want to help them get off the island? What a cruel world we live in where so many people don't want to help out people in need.
    Sometimes

you just mess up.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

BANNED

They know the guest stars dirty secrets, they can't be allowed to leave.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheLemsterPju View Post
    The one where the hero, in a fit of rage, has the villain beaten and at his/her mercy. He/She has the perfect opportunity to kill the person who destroyed countless lives, but the hero's friends beg him/her to spare the villain's life. Ultimately, the hero decides not "off" the bad guy because "it would make them no different than the monster he is."

For ONCE, I'd kill for a chance to see a twist of that situation:

The scene plays out as before, with the hero sparing the antagonist. He then says something that triggers the hero back into pure fury, he/she immediately jumps at the guy, and brutally murders him.

(Or some situation without the allies being there to stop him.)
    This a million times.

But this kind of did happen in Bad Boys when Will Smith spared the bad guy but said bad guy brought out a gun and Will shot him a number of times.

Ultimate Member

The "Wilhelm Scream" bothers me.

It didn't when I was younger but now it does.

It was particularly grating in the Burton Planet of the Apes when a character was about to be killed and released the scream. It irked me because the character had a pretty distinctive voice that sounded nothing like the Wilhelm Scream.

I can't stop you from posting anything you want. But I'd like this thread to stay with general peeves that happen over many movies and TV shows. Not the problems of one in particular.
    Thanks

It doesn't happen as much anymore but, I always hate it when the hero (generally a man) is fighting for his life against the villain while the damsel in distress just sits there screaming the hero's name. I'm like "Why don't you help out instead of just yelling and possibly distracting the dude!!"

This is one of the reasons I LOVE Star Wars. Leia actually came through and saved the guys when they freed her. Also why I like strong women lol

One that makes me cringe whenever they use it is that Human's only use 10% of their brains.
    It's such bad science.

BANNED

When people who should be running for their lives look like they're jogging at a brisk trot.

Boisterously Confused

Unarmed characters deciding to walk into what is obviously The Chamber Of Death to investigate the mystery of the plot instead of calling the cops or something.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    It doesn't happen as much anymore but, I always hate it when the hero (generally a man) is fighting for his life against the villain while the damsel in distress just sits there screaming the hero's name. I'm like "Why don't you help out instead of just yelling and possibly distracting the dude!!"

This is one of the reasons I LOVE Star Wars. Leia actually came through and saved the guys when they freed her. Also why I like strong women lol
    Reminds me of Bourne Ultimatum when Julia Stiles' character is watching Bourne fight then jumps in and fish hooks the bad guy. She totally gets knocked out but it was a nice effort against a dude that completely out classed her.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Boisterously Confused

Supporting character who have to look dumb in order to give the lead the opportunity to look smart.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

This is one that just came back to me but it is a Horror/Survival Movie common problem I have:

When the last surviving character(s) have nearly made it to safety or gotten to the exit and almost got out but after running through endless hell all of the sudden they get tired RIGHT when they are about to get out! Yea, I know they have been threw Hell and are tired, but you ran all the way to get to this exist and NOW you collapse from tiredness and not before? Honestly that alway burnt me, you think that THAT would be the moment to have the major moment of strength to get out, but Nope, have to give a twist, get caught again ending.

This recently happened in

spoilers:
    The Pyramid (2014)
    end of spoilers

That just burnt me.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!