Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Love triangles.

They need to stop.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Also when characters in sci-fi/fantasy movies who routinely involve themselves in fantastic exploits without giving it a second though suddenly become wildly skeptical at some other fantastic idea that somehow falls outside the scope of their imagination. Like traveling between universes through an artificially generated wormhole is just another day at the office, but ghosts? That's just ridiculous, man!
    This was something that bothered me in JLU. There was no reason for the Question to be considered a conspiracy nut given the type of universe that show took place in.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

image.jpg

emo tween love triangles

How about the one where it shows people driving through the same scenery over and over despite them supposedly being on a long journey? Or even showing the wrong scenery of an area?

I used to live in a large city where one current crime drama is based. In it, the heroes are often showed driving from crime scene to crime scene. The route they take is often as far from their real life destination as can be.

I realize footage can be expensive to produce. But for the locals watching, it can be kind of funny.

And I just realized most of my contributions to this thread involve driving.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    How about the one where it shows people driving through the same scenery over and over despite them supposedly being on a long journey? Or even showing the wrong scenery of an area?

I used to live in a large city where one current crime drama is based. In it, the heroes are often showed driving from crime scene to crime scene. The route they take is often as far from their real life destination as can be.

I realize footage can be expensive to produce. But for the locals watching, it can be kind of funny.

And I just realized most of my contributions to this thread involve driving.
    Very few movies show realistic driving routes in New York City. 'Die Hard with a Vengeance' being one of the few.

Just because someone is very athletic or very smart doesn't mean they are good in all those pursuits. Michael Jordan was a mediocre baseball player and Rhonda Rousey could probably kick Tom Brady's butt,though she would be crap on a football field.
    Ben Carson is a brilliant surgeon but a political boob. I've known some very smart, accomplished people who couldn't fix a broken lamp.
    So I hate when someone is shown to be able to everything well. Great fighter doesn't mean they can climb the side of a building. A smart biologist can't necessarily hack a network or work out the physics of a grappling hook.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    Just because someone is very athletic or very smart doesn't mean they are good in all those pursuits. Michael Jordan was a mediocre baseball player and Rhonda Rousey could probably kick Tom Brady's butt,though she would be crap on a football field.
    Ben Carson is a brilliant surgeon but a political boob. I've known some very smart, accomplished people who couldn't fix a broken lamp.
    So I hate when someone is shown to be able to everything well. Great fighter doesn't mean they can climb the side of a building. A smart biologist can't necessarily hack a network or work out the physics of a grappling hook.
    You must have begun to despise Batman 'long about 1990.

BANNED

Very few movies show realistic driving routes in New York City.
    Very few movies show realistic driving routes anywhere. I can't even count the number of movies/TV shows I've seen that give the impression that you can drive from Washington DC to Baltimore in under 15 minutes (often without even getting on the freeway).

BANNED

All political talk shows.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    You must have begun to despise Batman 'long about 1990.
    As a matter of fact I did. The BatGod became tiresome fanboy fanfic.

One that makes me cringe whenever they use it is that Human's only use 10% of their brains.
    It's such bad science.
    Hell, I want to step into the frame and slap the character when they say that. Fortunately I think this belief might have just died, because it was so heavily ridiculed after release of luc Besson's Lucy film.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    Hell, I want to step into the frame and slap the character when they say that. Fortunately I think this belief might have just died, because it was so heavily ridiculed after release of luc Besson's Lucy film.
    It's a dumb trope, but at least, I suppose, Besson didn't believe it. It was the same for him as using rocket ships or magic stones.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    It's a dumb trope, but at least, I suppose, Besson didn't believe it. It was the same for him as using rocket ships or magic stones.
    That might be. But you can easily do the same mumbo jumbo without falling back on it. (Grey matter, synapses,etc...) The TV show limitless has given it up (it was used by one of the characters in the movie) to more acceptable idea neuron connectivity and activity.

How about the villain who kills his henchmen at the slightest slip, or just because he doesn't like his shirt or shoes.
    Why do these guys still work for such as *******?

Boisterously Confused

The easy availability of parking in enormous cities.