Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    The easy availability of parking in enormous cities.
    Yes, and whenever they are traveling between big cities, like NY to Wash. DC,or LA to San Diego they never ever encounter traffic jams.

BANNED

Family sitcoms where the husband is lazy, only cares about watching sports, & begs his mean wife for intercourse.

Sometime it's all three, sometimes its only two.

Speaking of sitcoms, canned laughs or laugh tracks. As a kid I never cared but now it actually pulls me out of the show.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    How about the villain who kills his henchmen at the slightest slip, or just because he doesn't like his shirt or shoes.
    Why do these guys still work for such as *******?
    The dental plan is fantastic.

How easy it is to just jump through a window.

At 0:36. The head down - rest for a few seconds - head up thing. In this case it's not so bad because the fight is over (though I still hate the overuse of that "move"), but when people do this mid-fight or with enemies still around it bugs me sooooo much. I get that it's supposed to be a badass attitude style choice, but I'd love to see a film or show use it and then have one of the opponents knock the person out during the head down part.

Last edited by Conn Seanery; 11-26-2015 at 03:33 PM.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

When someone tries to play drunk or high but obviously has never been either. You watch a show like The Wire and you believe some of the characters are functioning alcoholics. I wish I could say the same with Jessica Jones who never really sold it. Sucks since alcoholism played such a big part with her character.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Boisterously Confused

Non-superhero characters who get into lengthy fist fights and then their hands are perfectly functional. Even if you're skilled and lucky enough to not break your hands, lots of punches with unprotected knuckles = very sore hands and reduced dexterity.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

"Epic" love stories that last only a few days, or a character that is supposed to be "in love" with another at first sight or only knowing them for a couple of days. Examples include Thor, X2 (Wolverine for Jean Grey) and Titanic of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    "Epic" love stories that last only a few days, or a character that is supposed to be "in love" with another at first sight or only knowing them for a couple of days. Examples include Thor, X2 (Wolverine for Jean Grey) and Titanic of course.
    Good ole insta-love. It's a wonder how this still gets used so much.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Chemical addictions treated as a test of willpower or the equivalent of really, really liking something. You can really like heroin, but it isn't why it's addictive. You can really like television, but tv is not chemically addictive, you are not physically dependent on it.

(That said, the one hit and you're a lifer and doomed thing is just as annoying, whatever the drug may be.)

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Good ole insta-love. It's a wonder how this still gets used so much.
    Well, in two of the examples given, the other person goes on to hook up with other people, so it's not as if their ability to be attracted to anyone else stopped right then. I'm not really sure how much insta-love there was with Jean and Logan, so much as immediate attraction.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Why is it when anyone tries to dispose of something they have a zippo lighter to casually throw but no-one smokes anymore in film? why not use a ratty 50 cent plastic that will burn in the fire? The flat shiny zippo could still carry fingerprints.
    Brilliant, it all makes perfect nonsense!

Default The close shave

Guy halfway through shaving hears a knock at the door, wipes foamy face with towel(?) not rinsing, and appears at door with either perfect shave or 3 day growth not half shaved?
    Brilliant, it all makes perfect nonsense!

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Teens and even tweens played by actors in thier 20's or even 30's

Guys wearing Full Helmets with face guards being knocked unconscious by being punched in the face.