Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Isn't limbo a part of hell or something? I've never actually fully understood how they are different given that it's all fire and brimstone with demons hanging around.

Could someone actually explain it, because that would be helpful.
    There are multiple 'hell dimensions' in the Marvel Universe. Pluto's Underworld. Hela/Angela's Hel. Mephisto's realm. Illyana's Limbo. And others that I can't think of off the top of my head.
    A house is not a home without books or cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Oh, and the fact that she sent him to Limbo for a few days just because she was sick of looking at him
    Classic Yana.

I wonder how Anole feels being in Limbo again pretty much at the mercy of the woman who he blames for losing his arm and corrupting Pixie.

Oh, and the fact that she sent him to Limbo for a few days just because she was sick of looking at him
    I would expect him to be pretty ticked off and/or freaked out about it...y'know if Marvel cared about continuity. But, hey, there's that whole 16 month time jump, so the 2 of them probably became pals during that time!
    A house is not a home without books or cats.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCatBastet View Post
    There are multiple 'hell dimensions' in the Marvel Universe. Pluto's Underworld. Hela/Angela's Hel. Mephisto's realm. Illyana's Limbo. And others that I can't think of off the top of my head.
    They're called splinter realms. I think Dormammu has the biggest realm and Limbo was the gateway or guard house IIRC. They all united the different dimensions to face Archenemy.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Yeah my congratulations to Bleeding Cool was not another planet or moon but something very close to it.

#$%#& is serious this is better the X-mens can offer? The last mutant paradise is a disguised trap that can kill all of them depending on the state of Magik?
    Bleedincool deserves credit for EDIT: *unearthing* the T-mist/X-Haven part of the story.

BUT, their whole "scoop" was that Marvel was removing the properties they didn't own the movie rights to from the main MU by shipping all mutants off world. Now that we have seen some of the ANAD books come out, it's kind of clear that that is not the case and the X-Characters are a very important part of the MU and are interacting/present in almost all major franchises.

I have a feeling the site takes what is an otherwise excellent tip/scoop and dresses it up in random speculation... making the story more controversial and more click-able... and at the same time convincing people their groundless leaps in logic and speculation are true because the core scoop checks out...
    Last edited by solletaire; 11-18-2015 at 01:19 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post
    Bleedincool deserves credit for guessing the T-mist/X-Haven part of the story.

BUT, their whole "scoop" was that Marvel was removing the properties they didn't own the movie rights to from the main MU by shipping all mutants off world. Now that we have seen some of the ANAD books come out, it's kind of clear that that is not the case and the X-Characters are a very important part of the MU and are interacting/present in almost all major franchises.

I have a feeling the site takes what is an otherwise excellent tip/scoop and dresses it up in random speculation... making the story more controversial and more click-able... and at the same time convincing people their groundless leaps in logic and speculation are true because the core scoop checks out...
    No. It was the case. We spoke to people who were involved with it. Things changed when the planned Xbooks editorial and creative teams changed. So part of the plot was preserved but the rest was amended. Nothing was guessed. Seriously, how could anyone guess back in May that Terrigen Mists would be poisonous to mutants?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCatBastet View Post
    Alright thanks, I guess we won't be seeing any weird hell dimension crossovers anytime soon then.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    No. It was the case. We spoke to people who were involved with it. Things changed when the planned Xbooks editorial and creative teams changed. So part of the plot was preserved but the rest was amended. Nothing was guessed. Seriously, how could anyone guess back in May that Terrigen Mists would be poisonous to mutants?
    To be fair, I gave you credit for that: " Bleedincool deserves credit for guessing the T-mist/X-Haven part of the story." But OK, guessing is not the right word. Lets change that to "unearthing". I have edited my original post.

Even if my opinions are negative, I always try to be fair.

The speculation part I was referring to is: "their whole "scoop" was that Marvel was removing the properties they didn't own the movie rights to from the main MU by shipping all mutants off world." and making mutants irrelevant to the rest of the goings-on in the MU... because the folks at Marvel don't own the movie rights

Forgive me is I don't believe that anyone over at Marvel told you that
    Last edited by solletaire; 11-18-2015 at 01:20 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Classic Yana.
    She should have a sit-com called 'That's so Yana!' Complete with demons and catchy theme songs.

Didn't Illyana absorb Limbo? Isn't it a part of her now? Didn't she do this due to the constant demonic attacks trying to take Limbo from her? How does this new plot twist work now? Was that little fact deleted from continuity for creative license?

I wonder how Anole feels being in Limbo again pretty much at the mercy of the woman who he blames for losing his arm and corrupting Pixie.

Well, given that it's either that or being killed by the mist.

Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post
    To be fair, I gave you credit for that: " Bleedincool deserves credit for guessing the T-mist/X-Haven part of the story." But OK, guessing is not the right word. Lets change that to "unearthing". I have edited my original post.

Even if my opinions are negative, I always try to be fair.

The speculation part I was referring to is: "their whole "scoop" was that Marvel was removing the properties they didn't own the movie rights to from the main MU by shipping all mutants off world." and making mutants irrelevant to the rest of the goings-on in the MU... because the folks at Marvel don't own the movie rights

Forgive me is I don't believe that anyone over at Marvel told you that
    Sure, after all, being props to the Inhumans and the punching bag is a really important part of the Marvel Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by sniktawar View Post
    Didn't Illyana absorb Limbo? Isn't it a part of her now? Didn't she do this due to the constant demonic attacks trying to take Limbo from her? How does this new plot twist work now? Was that little fact deleted from continuity for creative license?
    We are only 2 issues in. Also, at least 8 months (or possibly 16, depending on where Bendis ended his run) have passed since Illyana absorbed Limbo. I am sure we will get some answers as the story progresses.

We are only 2 issues in. Also, at least 8 months (or possibly 16, depending on where Bendis ended his run) have passed since Illyana absorbed Limbo. I am sure we will get some answers as the story progresses.
    Well, Uncanny X-men #600 is placed before "Time Runs Out", so it's 16 months.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, given that it's either that or being killed by the mist.

Sure, after all, being props to the Inhumans and the punching bag is a really important part of the Marvel Universe.
    Props, maybe, but I think that is a very limited way of looking at the roles given to the X-Men and especially of mutants like Rogue, Sunspot, Deadpool, and Kitty... Punching bags? Were we reading the same comics? Did I miss something?

I'm always amazed at how confirmation bias never fails...
    Last edited by solletaire; 11-18-2015 at 02:15 PM.

I'm honestly not sure how I feel about the X-Men now being based out in Limbo. I mean we just got done with the X-Men being segregated to the island of Utopia and now Marvel's segregated them to another dimension. What does it say when you keep segregating your minority metaphor?