Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post
    Props, maybe, but I think that is a very limited way of looking at the roles given to the X-Men and especially of mutants like Rogue, Sunspot, Deadpool, and Kitty... Punching bags? Were we reading the same comics? Did I miss something?

I'm always amazed at how confirmation bias never fails...
    Funny, you didnt mention Beast.

Deadpool is a X-character but has never been a mutant, and Rogue and Sunspot are no longer mutants thanks to the mist. No word on Kitty.
    Anyways, i would believe you if this year's big event wasnt a "Civil War where there is something for everyone".

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I'm honestly not sure how I feel about the X-Men now being based out in Limbo. I mean we just got done with the X-Men being segregated to the island of Utopia and now Marvel's segregated them to another dimension. What does it say when you keep segregating your minority metaphor?
    Because Marvel wants that the Inhumans become the new minority metaphor.
    Last edited by dragonmp93; 11-18-2015 at 02:31 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    For me, Limbo isn't the problem. It's sending Magik out on missions that's the issue. That's the stupid thing to do.
    Well Forge who also has magically abilities said earlier in the issue he could put in some safeguards to protect against the demons (he has his mutant inventing power too). So perhaps Forge will be able to come up with a solution.

In terms of teleporters, they were just recruiting Nightcrawler. Pixie is probably at the school too. Neither of them are as good as Illyana, but they still have other teleporters. And actually Ariel is still around.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post

Deadpool is a X-character but has never been a mutant, and Rogue and Sunspot are no longer mutants thanks to the mist. No word on Kitty.
    Anyways, i would believe you if this year's big event wasnt a "Civil War where there is something for everyone".

Certain comics stated that he is a mutant aka Split Second, plus he does fall under the might FOX movie/live action rights that is supposedly driving Marvel's publishing line. Which applies only to mutant X-Characters, but not to non-mutant X-Characters? I've never heard anyone make that particular distinction, but OK...

Can you give me the comic title and issue where Rogue and Sunspot are cited to not be mutants anymore. I do admit I can't read every comic out there, so I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt here.

I didn't mention Beast, because he did not fit in the especially category ..

How does "a Civil War where there is something for everybody" translate to "mutants are a punching bag for the inhumans"?
    Last edited by solletaire; 11-18-2015 at 03:35 PM.

Rogue and Sunspot are no longer mutants thanks to the mist.
    Er? Explain.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Well Rogue is still a mutant but she has to undergo regular treatments from being exposed to the mists from day to day. Wonder how Dazzler and Beast seem to be alright though.

And this is why I dislike this new stream of Inhuman storytelling; it just makes them out to be mutant-lite when being a minority metaphor was never their shtick before. It rings so transparent that I'm surprised people aren't more vocal in calling out Marvel on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Er? Explain.
    Based on an interview Sunspot's lost his powers but not sure where he's getting that bit on Rogue from especially when Uncanny Avengers has shown she's affected negatively by the mists.

Mighty Member

Well Rogue is still a mutant but she has to undergo regular treatments from being exposed to the mists from day to day. Wonder how Dazzler and Beast seem to be alright though.

And this is why I dislike this new stream of Inhuman storytelling; it just makes them out to be mutant-lite when being a minority metaphor was never their shtick before. It rings so transparent that I'm surprised people aren't more vocal in calling out Marvel on it.

Based on an interview Sunspot's lost his powers but not sure where he's getting that bit on Rogue from especially when Uncanny Avengers has shown she's affected negatively by the mists.
    I think people are very, very vocal... sometimes they have a point, but there are many occasions when facts are ignored in favor of supporting the theory that mutants are being replaced by inhumans... TBH, the constant complaints and bashing of anything inhuman or of anything Marvel does with mutants created a very noticeable negative buzz around the X-Franchise. IMO, the negative buzz might persuade people to click on article or write an angry rant on a message board BUT it has only hurt X-Men readerhsip and genuine interest in the franchise
    Last edited by solletaire; 11-18-2015 at 03:59 PM.

BANNED

Confirmation that Inhumans are racist douchebags.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    This issue was SO GOOD. Felt like a classic issue of x-men or an episode from the 90s cartoon (with a different cast).

Loved the mix of humor, action, and somberness. The issue ends with virtually nothing going right for the x-men. I love it.
    I completely agree! Just read it. Glad I ran into this comment, before I finish reading the thread. Picky picky picky, X-Men fans. This was a great comic, and the X-Men are back, and mutants are not being isolated and segregated on another planet. (I wonder if the Mists reached the Savage Land? I would have picked the Savage Land as a refuge, but the story has just begun and I'm sure there's a good reason Storm decided on a corner of Limbo.)

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    This is accurate, yes.
    Also why she is beloved by many.
    Totally agree with this, too!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Not really, cause the piece of Limbo has been on earth since AvX, you'd have to point out when was it sent back? It never has. if anything it was an educated guess but everything else that 4chan stated is out the window thus far...such as Morph's return in UA when we now know it's Cable
    Yeah, no. They said resurrected, not return. And nothing apart from Limbo has been confirmed or denied yet.

Certain comics stated that he is a mutant aka Split Second, plus he does fall under the might FOX movie/live action rights that is supposedly driving Marvel's publishing line. Which applies only to mutant X-Characters, but not to non-mutant X-Characters? I've never heard anyone make that particular distinction, but OK...

Can you give me the comic title and issue where Rogue and Sunspot are cited to not be mutants anymore. I do admit I can't read every comic out there, so I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt here.

I didn't mention Beast, because he did not fit in the especially category ..

How does "a Civil War where there is something for everybody" translate to "mutants are a punching bag for the inhumans"?
    Well, the funny thing is that the general public doesnt know or cares to know the difference between FOX and Marvel Studios, and most that do know think in this way: "Mutant = X-men, not mutant = not X-men", hence the retcon of the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver and the push of Deadpool.

And do you think that the Civil War will not end up being the MCU vs the X-men ?.

Well, Rogue was cured from that, so the only powers that she has now are Wonder Man's, isnt it ?.

Why not rebuild Genosha and give the island a force field to keep out the T-Mist instead of having to deal with Limbo's demons?

I think people are very, very vocal... sometimes they have a point, but there are many occasions when facts are ignored in favor of supporting the theory that mutants are being replaced by inhumans... TBH, the constant complaints and bashing of anything inhuman or of anything Marvel does with mutants created a very noticeable negative buzz around the X-Franchise. IMO, the negative buzz might persuade people to click on article or write an angry rant on a message board BUT it has only hurt X-Men readerhsip and genuine interest in the franchise
    Says who ?.
    Anyways, i hate the Inhumans now, so it goes both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister340 View Post
    Why not rebuild Genosha and give the island a force field to keep out the T-Mist instead of having to deal with Limbo's demons?
    SHIELD would blow it up.

Mighty Member

Well, the funny thing is that the general public doesnt know or cares to know the difference between FOX and Marvel Studios, and most that do know think in this way: "Mutant = X-men, not mutant = not X-men", hence the retcon of the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver and the push of Deadpool.
    I don't understand what you're trying to say here... because the general public equates mutants with X-Men, Marvel is retconning all non X-Men characters to not be mutants any longer (although Rogue and Sunspot will always be mutant characters whatever their current power status is ,imo, but I digress)? How does a person go from here to "mutants are the props or punching bags for the inhumans"... Sorry, I don't mean to discount your opinions, but I just lost your train of thought there...

And do you think that the Civil War will not end up being the MCU vs the X-men ?.
    I don't have any reason to believe that is true or that is false. For all I know the "Civil War" could be a conflict between the ANAD Avengers and the Uncanny Avengers or something... So far we've only seen a postcard with Iron Man punching Captain America: Sam Wilson... no mutants or inhumans in sight... "MCU vs the X-men"? that's a big leap to make from the available info, no?
    Last edited by solletaire; 11-18-2015 at 04:24 PM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

So, of the children we now saw Glob, Anole, Ernst, Blindfold, Rockslide and Surge save in issue 1 and 2. Or did I not look right and missed some?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================