Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Supergirl Book

Spectacular Member

Default Supergirl Book

It baffles me to no end that DC currently has a hit TV show, Supergirl, yet doesn't have a current Supergirl title in their DC YOU line? Why? WHY!?

So let's give them some help. Who should DC hire to write and draw a Supergirl book?

Personally, I'd like to see Becky Cloonan and Darwyn Cooke take the title. Thoughts?

I would think there's one in the works.

Extraordinary Member

There should be plenty of graphic novels for the non-comic crowd that loves the TV show as the graphic novels are usually better entry points for them.

Although I do wish there was still an ongoing, I thought the last run was pretty enjoyable and could have held a similar tone as the TV show.

Spectacular Member

It's just ridiculous...
    Last edited by gbryantlucas; 11-18-2015 at 09:15 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I would think there's one in the works.
    I hope so! They really missed the boat on this one. DC lacks synergy - launching a Supergirl book the same week the CBS pilot aired would have undoubtedly raised sales.

Well currently she, or at least a version of her, is over in Justice League 3001.

But as for who should write a Supergirl solo, honestly I would have picked Soule after her portrayal in Red Lanterns but since he left DC I'd have to suggest the following: Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner, Brian Azzarello, Brenden Fletcher, and Becky Cloonan.

No idea on who would draw.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

it must have slipped their mind.

seriously, there's no excuse for this.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I still have no idea why the book was even canceled. The Bedard run was terrible but the last arc was really picking up and introducing tons of fun ideas, taking Kara in the direction I've long championed- space explorer.

I didn't think it was doing THAT bad sales wise, and it was a place for Superboy to show up and work out some kinks. We had a cool new space outfit and Maxima. It was good comics, man.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I still have no idea why the book was even canceled. The Bedard run was terrible but the last arc was really picking up and introducing tons of fun ideas, taking Kara in the direction I've long championed- space explorer.

I didn't think it was doing THAT bad sales wise, and it was a place for Superboy to show up and work out some kinks. We had a cool new space outfit and Maxima. It was good comics, man.
    If I had to guess, it would probably be that there was no one else to do the book. The final issue left it open with an interesting cliffhanger but maybe no one came up with a pitch that convinced DC that there was a reason to keep it after Convergence. Maybe, hopefully, something is coming next year. If Supergirl is a hit show with staying power then interest will only grow.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Arrow or Flash books sales didn't change despite them both having hit tv shows. If they can't get a good pitch then there isn't any point in running any old crap, I'd much rather they be patient and get a good pitch from a good team.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I would bet we will probably see a Supergirl comic of some kind in 2016. weather it will be part of the main DCU or a spin-off of the TV show like Flash Season 0 and Arrow Season 2.5 though is anyones guess.

As for me I would like to see a Supergirl comic by Becky Cloonan and Emanuela Lupacchino.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Fantastic Member AwesomeUsername's Avatar

Wasn't there a recent article on Bleeding Cool that DC is apparently working on a digital first series? I know it's Bleeding Cool and all, so I hope it's true this time around.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeUsername View Post
    Wasn't there a recent article on Bleeding Cool that DC is apparently working on a digital first series? I know it's Bleeding Cool and all, so I hope it's true this time around.
    Actually, it might work better as a digital first book that way Eddie Berganza won't poison the title. The last thing we need is another Wonder Woman-like treatment of a iconic female character.

Huh? If only Supergirl was being treated like Wonder Woman right now. I wouldn't sneeze at Kara getting the attention WW is getting these days.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-19-2015 at 05:34 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Huh? If only Supergirl was being treated like Wonder Woman right now. I wouldn't sneeze at Kara getting the attention WW is getting these days.
    I'm talking more about her depiction than her prevalence. Wonder Woman's main title ongoing title is currently being edited by the Superman office, which is under the control of Eddie Berganza. Wonder Woman's digital first titles are edited under a different department. They have a different tone altogether. I don't want Eddie Berganza anywhere near Supergirl; however, if someone else took on editing the book, like whoever is editing the digital books, then yeah - I'm down.