Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Lets not forget working a wonderful elderly scientist to death and dumping him unceremoniously into the river.
    Do you mean Hank McCoy ?

Extraordinary Member

X-Factor was a horrible idea from the start. Beast had made it big in the Avengers. Iceman had done the same with the Defenders. Jean went out in one of the definitive stories f the previous few years. And Scott and Warren had retired and settled down with their wife/girlfriend, plus Scott had a kid. But let's throw all of that character development out, make them like those losers from the high school reunion that never grew up, tell all the fans that the DPS was a fake all along, have Scott run out on his wife and kid without explanation and never have him explain to his now-alive former fiancée (he proposed and she accepted during DPS) that he's now married and a father, make Maddie a villain to 'deal' with that mess, and kill off Candy Southern for no reason. All because Simonsen can't let go of the 1960s.

And them pretending to be 'mutant hunters' is one of the most idiotic setups and plans ever for a comic. Of course they were going to make things worse between humans and mutants. And Larry Bondine was verylikely far from an isolated case.

The only good thing about the first few years of X-Factor was that it introduced Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    I was actually expecting you to say that, because it justifies suppressing the memories temporarily, but not not giving them back afterwards. It also doesn't justify that he mindwiped all of it from Moira's mind. IN the end it was a selfish act that put the X men at risk, erased it from one of his major love interests and came back to bite em all
    Not saying it was right or acceptable, just saying the guy was working in a no win scenario. Besides this argument has been used by other characters aside from Xavier, Wolverine or Cyclops and others to justify their actions, i personally just want to see if the aftermath is well done and not just a scenario where we are expected to believe nothing major happens because of it or if the characters never does anything to atone for it and simply gets a free pass. Xavier screwed up, it cost him big time and people got hurt physically, emotionally and some died because of it that's on him. He went into space to fix it and it honestly got worse...but at least he tried to fix it which is more than i can say for other characters in any of today's comics, i wished he had succeeded but that just wasn't in the cards.

Did it deserve the reaction he got from Scott and the others...yeah. Was it worse than killing him? I don't think so because let's face it he never really left the Mansion, he was willing to give himself up to Hulk to protect his students and the children, he convinced Scott to let Cable take Hope right before he got his head vented by Bishop and we all know how that turned out, and he was let on the island. Him being killed by his son is pretty high on the scale when compared to him being "booted" out.

Well yeah but then it wouldn't be an X-men comic if nothing ever came back to bite them on the ass, i mean take Gambit and the Marauders, Weapon X and Wolverine, Cable and Apocalypse, Bastion and the Phalanx. Something always has to be dredged up from their past to mess with them in the present. It is their MO that something always comes back to haunt them.
    Last edited by Hulkout42; 11-23-2015 at 09:41 PM.