Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Supergirl, #32

"Red Daughter of Krypton" rages though this issue! Supergirl's Red Lantern powers - and allies - are about to be tested as a Worldkiller1 arrives from Kara's past to destroy her!

Full article here.

Looks great! I'm not liking the fact that the events of this take place after Red Lanterns this month, which is released after this book, but oh well we had that blip happen too at the beginning of all this Red Lantern/Supergirl tie in stuff so no big deal. Looks like the end game for Kara and the ring is about to begin. That should please some readers!

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Guy does her a favor and she betrays his trust by refusing to give up the BLAAAAAARGH ring. Siiiiigh....

Kara, you used to be so fun and heroic. What has New 52 done to you?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

The art is just so good.

Astonishing Member

I really do hate when an artist I love is paired with a writer I don't care for.

Fantastic Member

This raises a few questions... why have they put this story out of order again, and why is Kara so attached to her ring that she won't give it up? Also, did Guy send her to Mogo to seek out Saint Walker? Last I saw of him he and his ring were still estranged. Not sure exactly what any of the other Lanterns could do to help her.

I hope the storyline has a good conclusion. I guess Kara isn't going to be part of the confrontation between the two factions of Reds in Red Lanterns this summer, then. But the art looks fantastic, finally a full issue from Lupacchino.

Astonishing Member

I dropped this title months ago (along with pretty much anything else I was still getting from DC once they cancelled Legion of Super-Heroes), but it looks like they finally have a good replacement artist. I think this outfit is a much better design than whey she was wearing since the nu52 debuted. I hope when she returns to wearing the blue and red, that they go with something a bit more basic -- and drop the kneeless boots and S-shield covering her nether regions.

Amazing Member

The art teams on SG have always been stellar -- the preview pages on this look like candy :-) I like how they're writing her as an impulsive, emotionally driven teenager, and not such a grown-up. Been enjoying the N52 version since day one...

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post

Kara, you used to be so fun and heroic. What has New 52 done to you?
    Its not a New 52 thing. Outside of Gates' run, and her time with Waid's Legion, an honest eye will tell you she's been a lot like this ever since her initial return in Superman/Batman all those years ago.

Still terribly hoping though that this experience, after this story is over, will result in a calmer Kara.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-17-2014 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its not a New 52 thing. Outside of Gates' run, and her time with Waid's Legion, an honest eye will tell you she's been a lot like this ever since her initial return in Superman/Batman all those years ago.

Still terribly hoping though that this experience, after this story is over, will result in a calmer Kara.
    Agreed. I would even go as back as vol. 4 Supergirl. Angst has been present in her writing and character structure for a very looong time.
    Searching for Samus Aran. Still.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I dropped this title months ago (along with pretty much anything else I was still getting from DC once they cancelled Legion of Super-Heroes), but it looks like they finally have a good replacement artist. I think this outfit is a much better design than whey she was wearing since the nu52 debuted. I hope when she returns to wearing the blue and red, that they go with something a bit more basic -- and drop the kneeless boots and S-shield covering her nether regions.
    According to the cover for #34, she'll be back in her usual Nu52 outfit.

As for the preview... If Bedard can make even a Super-Angry-Red-Lantern-Kara seem this bland and generic, I dread to think what she'll be written like when she's free of the ring's influence.