Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    SuperSix

Default What happened to Superman Unchained?

Was following this series... However, after #6 the series kinda disappeared. I then saw an article saying that the series was cancelled... Was #7 released? What are the plans for #8 and #9?

Fantastic Member AwesomeUsername's Avatar

Jim Lee is what happened. Massive delays. Issue #7 is (still) scheduled to come out on July 2. Issue #8 has a July 30 date which will obviously get pushed back and #9 hasn't been re-solicited yet.

Incredible Member

Newsarama had posted the below information June 4th and hope it still holds good.

Scott Snyder and Jim Lee's Superman Unchained #7 in finally ready to hit stores in July (the DC website shows a 7/2 release date) and we've got four exclusive variant covers to prove it, including images from Lee, Andy Kubert and Dustin Nguyen.

DC' website currently shows issue #8 with a July 30 release. DC also informs us issue #9 will be resolicited this month for a September 10, 2014 release.
    http://www.newsarama.com/21280-super...-variants.html

Astonishing Member

They'll probably talk about doing a one shot to finish the series after #7, but it never actually comes out

BANNED

No, Jim Lee will finish this.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Jim Lee will never finish this. He still hasn't finished ALL STAR BATMAN AND ROBIN.

This book really lost it's momentum, and rightfully so. The story was dumb, Superman wasn't in character, and Jim Lee just doesn't draw a compelling Kal-El.

Incredible Member

The book lost its momentum because of the delays. I 've enjoyed Scott Snyder's story, liked Jim lee's art, and felt this was the best representation of Lois in the New 52!

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    No, Jim Lee will finish this.
    Yup.
    Right after he finishes All Star Batman and Robin.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Yup.
    Right after he finishes All Star Batman and Robin.

If wasn't for snyder, I doubt Lee would finish

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post

If wasn't for snyder, I doubt Lee would finish
    I don't know, as popular as Snyder is, he's small potatoes compared to Frank F.cking Miller.
    Now, I'm sure he will finish it. Arround 2020 or something.

All-Star Batman and Robin was horrific anyway as is most of Frank Miller's later work.

Hopefully, Jim Lee will finish Unchained. It's not amazing, but I'd still like to see it though to the end. Also, while not a big fan of his art style, he's certainly delivered on this series.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 'Dax View Post
    All-Star Batman and Robin was horrific anyway as is most of Frank Miller's later work.

Hopefully, Jim Lee will finish Unchained. It's not amazing, but I'd still like to see it though to the end. Also, while not a big fan of his art style, he's certainly delivered on this series.
    It was awesomely horrific though.

That's not really the point.

BANNED

That may be your opinion but it has nothing to do as to why he didn't finish it. For one thing Frank Miller is what got him out of School and into comics and that's not the first time he has done this type of crap.

Also in his queue: Batman: Europa by Brian Azzarello (One issue in fact, it's completely done by other, punctual, artists save for the first 20 something pages). He wont allow it to go to another artist so that it can be finished. That was 4 years ago.
    Dark Knight Boy Wonder: 6 issues. He actually went on record saying that he wont give it to another artist because he wants to draw the final pages. He himself anounced that it was to come out February 2012.
    Wild C.A.T.S. by Grant Morrison. Scripts are done but Jim Lee Never finished issue #2.

I completely forgot about Superman Unchained haha. Thanks for reminding me to take this off my pull list. It was alright but not worth all this waiting.