Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Re member

Superman Unchained
    Artist Unreliable
    Artwork Unfinished
    Issue Unshipped

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    That may be your opinion but it has nothing to do as to why he didn't finish it. For one thing Frank Miller is what got him out of School and into comics and that's not the first time he has done this type of crap.

Also in his queue: Batman: Europa by Brian Azzarello (One issue in fact, it's completely done by other, punctual, artists save for the first 20 something pages). He wont allow it to go to another artist so that it can be finished. That was 4 years ago.
    Dark Knight Boy Wonder: 6 issues. He actually went on record saying that he wont give it to another artist because he wants to draw the final pages. He himself anounced that it was to come out February 2012.
    Wild C.A.T.S. by Grant Morrison. Scripts are done but Jim Lee Never finished issue #2.
    Don't forget Alan Moore's 1963! Lee asked Moore to let him draw the final issue and he never did it. I believe Moore finally told him to not bother anymore since he had a big fall out with his friends due to the delays.
    Last edited by Diamond; 06-16-2014 at 09:49 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    That may be your opinion but it has nothing to do as to why he didn't finish it. For one thing Frank Miller is what got him out of School and into comics and that's not the first time he has done this type of crap.

Also in his queue: Batman: Europa by Brian Azzarello (One issue in fact, it's completely done by other, punctual, artists save for the first 20 something pages). He wont allow it to go to another artist so that it can be finished. That was 4 years ago.
    Dark Knight Boy Wonder: 6 issues. He actually went on record saying that he wont give it to another artist because he wants to draw the final pages. He himself anounced that it was to come out February 2012.
    Wild C.A.T.S. by Grant Morrison. Scripts are done but Jim Lee Never finished issue #2.
    Jim Lee really has serious problems to finish what he started. All star batman and Robin the schedule was much more flexible than unchained

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    I don't know, as popular as Snyder is, he's small potatoes compared to Frank F.cking Miller.
    Now, I'm sure he will finish it. Arround 2020 or something.
    Snyder is like that little kid that won't leave you in peace until do what he wants lol

Fantastic Member AwesomeUsername's Avatar

Come on guys, I know it's hard believe but the final issue just got re-solicited. Although this doesn't mean it won't get pushed back again.. I'm not the biggest Lee fan but I feel like this is some of his best work.

Written by SCOTT SNYDER
    Art and wraparound cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS
    1:25 Variant wraparound cover by DAVID FINCH
    1:50 Variant wraparound cover by BRYAN HITCH
    1:100 B&W Variant wraparound cover by JIM LEE
    Blank variant cover

RESOLICIT • On sale SEPTEMBER 10 • 40 pg, FC, $4.99 US
    RATED T • Combo pack edition: $5.99 US • FINAL ISSUE

Retailers: This issue will ship with six covers. Please see the order form for more information. This issue is resolicited. All previous orders are cancelled.

This is it – the extraordinary, extra-sized finale of Scott Snyder and Jim Lee’s Superman saga, surrounded by an epic wraparound cover! It’s a battle in the sun as Superman and Wraith accept their destinies…and Lex Luthor pulls the trigger on his ultimate weapon!

BANNED

seems like it will really end in September *cry*

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeUsername View Post
    Come on guys, I know it's hard believe but the final issue just got re-solicited. Although this doesn't mean it won't get pushed back again.. I'm not the biggest Lee fan but I feel like this is some of his best work.

Written by SCOTT SNYDER
    Art and wraparound cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS
    1:25 Variant wraparound cover by DAVID FINCH
    1:50 Variant wraparound cover by BRYAN HITCH
    1:100 B&W Variant wraparound cover by JIM LEE
    Blank variant cover

RESOLICIT • On sale SEPTEMBER 10 • 40 pg, FC, $4.99 US
    RATED T • Combo pack edition: $5.99 US • FINAL ISSUE

Retailers: This issue will ship with six covers. Please see the order form for more information. This issue is resolicited. All previous orders are cancelled.

This is it – the extraordinary, extra-sized finale of Scott Snyder and Jim Lee’s Superman saga, surrounded by an epic wraparound cover! It’s a battle in the sun as Superman and Wraith accept their destinies…and Lex Luthor pulls the trigger on his ultimate weapon!

Ho, riiigghhht, Luthor was in this book.
    I completely forgot about it, what with him not doing sh.t and all.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

BANNED

Funny, I don't know why I remember this of all things but Sept 10 was also the date when the last issue of ASBAR came out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Don't forget Alan Moore's 1963! Lee asked Moore to let him draw the final issue and he never did it. I believe Moore finally told him to not bother anymore since he had a big fall out with his friends due to the delays.
    I heard that was more of a conscious effort to screw over other Image guys and the book got caught in the crossfire. Apparently he had no intention to finish it. Some Game of Thrones stuff that was apparently common in Image at the time. Too bad, the annual sounded amusing.

Astonishing Member

Hahaha I'm so glad I never got past the first issue of this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    I lasted 4.
    I kinda regret doing so, in retrospect.
    But yeah, you lost nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    The book was really just as bad as we all predicted it would be on the old boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    seems like it will really end in September *cry*
    I feel ya. It's gotten solid reviews, averaging an 8/10, and has been one of DC's and Superman's best sellers. It's definitely a success. I also just enjoy reading it. Superman isn't mind whammied or possessed in any way, Lois isn't in a coma or possessed and she has an important role, and it has a good mystery going with intriguing twists and turns. My only gripe has to do with the delays, which harm the momentum of the story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    I feel ya. It's gotten solid reviews, averaging an 8/10, and has been one of DC's and Superman's best sellers. It's definitely a success. I also just enjoy reading it. Superman isn't mind whammied or possessed in any way, Lois isn't in a coma or possessed and she has an important role, and it has a good mystery going with intriguing twists and turns. My only gripe has to do with the delays, which harm the momentum of the story.
    1 month I already forget the story, 2-3 months makes it even harder. It's a accessible story even to people that doesn't read new 52 superman or same from movies/TV. It reads like a classic Superman story and do it very well.
    Hope Johns Superman will read in a similar way but with more depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    1 month I already forget the story, 2-3 months makes it even harder. It's a accessible story even to people that doesn't read new 52 superman or same from movies/TV. It reads like a classic Superman story and do it very well.
    Hope Johns Superman will read in a similar way but with more depth.
    Yeah, no, that's because the story is boring (and stupid, but that particular point isn't what makes it hard to remember). It's hard to remember what happened in the previous issue when nothing happened. Or easy depending on your take on it.

Astonishing Member

This book could have probably worked if it was played for laughs like ASBAR (well aside from the Hiroshima/Nagasaki stuff). I mean you have pre-Flashpoint Superman from Grounded in Jim Lee's suit, and he meets a 90s Extreme Image version of Nuclear Man/Dr. Manhattan. It could have been gold.