Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Wrath of the Eternal Warrior, #1

"Book of Death" may have foretold Gilad Anni-Padda's final days, but he's still around in Robert Venditti and Raúl Allén's "Wrath of the Eternal Warrior" #1.

Full review here.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

This is my first Valiant comic, and I have to say I found it fairly enjoyable despite not reading the Book of Death series that happened before hand, I may have to give more Valiant works a shot in the future.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    This is my first Valiant comic, and I have to say I found it fairly enjoyable despite not reading the Book of Death series that happened before hand, I may have to give more Valiant works a shot in the future.
    If you're so inclined, step on over to the main Valiant thread on this page and you'll find many a helpful hand (yours truly, included) to help you out on your initial Valaint explorations!
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    If you're so inclined, step on over to the main Valiant thread on this page and you'll find many a helpful hand (yours truly, included) to help you out on your initial Valaint explorations!
    Definitely check out the Valiant thread. I jumped into Valiant head first about 8 months ago after only dabbling a little bit previously. There are some really knowledgeable, friendly folks that frequent the thread.

Amazing Member

I read both Ninjak and Bloodshot Reborn which are my only experiences with Valiant so far. I really can't say I enjoyed this book much. Seemed like it barely gave me any reason to continue. I've preordered the first 3 issues but I won't be getting any more unless they get better by the end of issue 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Selykg View Post
    I read both Ninjak and Bloodshot Reborn which are my only experiences with Valiant so far. I really can't say I enjoyed this book much. Seemed like it barely gave me any reason to continue. I've preordered the first 3 issues but I won't be getting any more unless they get better by the end of issue 3.
    I have a feeling Venditti has an epic Gilad story in the making here. This was mostly setup which is par the for the course with #1 issues. I honestly think by the end of issue 3 you will have plenty of reason to stay on board.

Amazing Member

Wrath of the Eternal Warrior continues the story which started in THE VALIANT, progressed in the BOOK OF DEATH, and now moves forward in this series. It is a compelling story which is showing the absolute complexity of Gilad Anni-Padda's life. As we learn in this issue, he has apparently been in this place before, but never staying long. But, it looks as though this IS the first time that "The Earth" has given him the choice to NOT continue the Eternal Battle of being her "Fist and Steel". The start of this series shows us a wholly different aspect of the life of the Eternal Warrior and is nothing short of fascinating. I for one can't wait to see what Robert Venditti has in store for our hero as he tries to find his way back to an earth which has released for the first time in their mutually shared history. This has all the potential of being a mystery wrapped in an enigma and as such leaves the reader anxious for more.

VEI has taken one of their most interesting characters and managed to put a twist on him to make him and his story a "must read" event. Kudos of Valiant and their amazing creative team for coming up with this. Wrath of The Eternal Warrior is not to be missed.