Page 46 of 127 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast

My X-Men/Alpha Flight book arrived today.
    I didn't know "The Gift" was collected in this.
    Now I do.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Double post
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    My X-Men/Alpha Flight book arrived today.
    I didn't know "The Gift" was collected in this.
    Now I do.
    And knowing is half the battle.

Damn, I want the Marrina bust. I've always preferred full body statues as well, but if the character is rising out of the ocean or something, I'm cool with that.

Also, finally remember where I... remember Marrina from! How and why did she marry Namor?
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Preview pages for Amazing X-Men #9 are up.

Talisman front and center, in the Omega Flight costume. You know, I like the OF look, but I'm still slightly amazed that anyone would look at the Byrne design and go, "That's just not showing enough skin."
    Last edited by Anduinel; 07-04-2014 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will of the Geeks View Post
    And knowing is half the battle.

Damn, I want the Marrina bust. I've always preferred full body statues as well, but if the character is rising out of the ocean or something, I'm cool with that.

Also, finally remember where I... remember Marrina from! How and why did she marry Namor?
    Without going into spoiler territory, she and Namor meet and become sweethearts early on in the Byrne run. Things spin out from there.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I liked them since the 90s X-Men cartoon and from reading apperences in Wolverime and xmen. Plus the 20 issue volume 2 the last 8 issue mini. Xmen alpha flight mini with loki. Ive read alpha flight from the beginning thread. Also i bought the box heather minimate twopack on ebay
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post

Talisman front and center, in the Omega Flight costume. You know, I like the OF look, but I'm still slightly amazed that anyone would look at the Byrne design and go, "That's just not showing enough skin."
    Hahahahaha!

Poor Talisman has always been dressed scantily. At least she's barefoot here which, when compared to trying to battle in heels, makes more sense. If she cannot wear shoes she can run for her life in, the next best option would be barefoot.

Anyway! I really cannot wait for this issue. The art is pretty freaking good, imo, from the previews. I need a better view of Kurt, though.
    Pretty excited for this issue. No, I'm pretty excited for this arc.

Without going into spoiler territory, she and Namor meet and become sweethearts early on in the Byrne run. Things spin out from there.
    Namor goes completely lovesick for her.
    It's kind of icky, actually, and a little exaggerated for his character.
    He's always treated women like queens, but he doesn't chase them.
    But, still, he was amazing with her.

BANNED

These previews will be the most that they do in the issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomReporter View Post
    By year three, if i were the writer i'd be pitching Marvel a big 'International Heroes' crossover which runs in Avengers titles, X Men titles AND Alpha Flight - throw in appearances of Big Hero 6, a relaunched Excalibur, The Winter Guard and a few lesser seen teams (Chinese, French etc) and never let up on the pace and never let the readers have an excuse to stop buying the next issue until it becomes habit.
    Well I do love Excalibur, I like Alpha Flight and I've always been interested in Big Hero 6 and The Winter Guard so this would be amazing.

Of course I feel as though Big Hero 6 should resurrect Silver Samurai and The Winter Guard should add Colossus, Black Widow, Bucky and Magik to the mix.

That's just me though.

Fuzzay-
    From my phone I thought your avatar was Robert Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBlueElf View Post
    These previews will be the most that they do in the issue.
    You are so negative, FUZZAY.
    Stop it. :P

BANNED

Fuzzay-
    From my phone I thought your avatar was Robert Smith.
    That's because Robert Smith is one of the many names that The Sandman uses.

You are so negative, FUZZAY.
    Stop it. :P
    Hah, not as if I don't have a history of being proven right when being negative or anything.

Another "From the beginning" summary, courtesy of David R on the old CBR:

Alpha Flight #4

"Resolutions"

The Master arc comes to a gripping finale, co-starring Sub-Mariner and Susan Richards, the Invisible Girl. And oh yes indeed, a very nice cover again!

We begin with Namor, King of Atlantis, and the Invisible Girl of the fabled Fantastic Four, flying over the Arctic in search of a huge object buried beneath the ice. However, the ship has defenses and blows the Fantasticar up with a sudden repulsor ray. Within the mystery ship, Aurora has reverted to her shy, introverted Jeanne-Marie personality. Sasquatch demands fromteam-leader Guardian an explanation as to this. James Hudson reluctantly informs him that Aurora has a split personality. Jeanne runs away. Guardian has a surprise himself as Sasquatch hints he & Aurora have had a sexual relationship, and Walt should be the one to go find Jeanne-Marie. And find her he does, in his human form, but Aurora punches him!!

Meanwhile, Sue Richards & Namor survive the blast (naturally) and make their way into the interior of the massive complex. They discreetly locate the issue's villain, the Master, about to torture Marrina. He explains why he must kill her. This ship is part of a vast, immeasurable alien empire, which locates planets and sucks dry everything it wants from those planets. The ship was sent to prehistoric Earth, and landed in the Arctic. It *grew* into the ice like a living thing. Soon it sent out millions of eggs to populate the planet. But the ship had been damaged in entry, and few eggs survived. Marrina was one egg which did. And when the Smallwood family found her egg in the ocean (shown in #2), Marrina took on the form of a human being. But the Master doesn't doubt her existence will spell doom to planet Earth if she lives.

Susan and Namor have heard enough, and confront the Master. He conveniently departs in his descending chair, as Marrina begins to be torn apart like on the cover. In the nick of time, a group of mosquitos (!) appear and transform into Snowbird, who sets Marrina free & saves her life. All the heroes reform as the huge ship is shaking and throbbing, like a living thing. Soon, there is a UNBELIEVABLE EXPLOSION, as the ship self-destructs!! Several minutes pass, as all our heroes resurface on the oceantop, encased in a protective force-field made by the Invisible Girl!!! They have won, though the Master escaped. Marrina agrees to return to Atlantis with Namor. So apparently, Marrina is leaving Alpha Flight! The ending is a sad one, as Guardian and Sasquatch arrive at Newfoundland to inform Dan Smallwood that Marrina is gone. The look of sadness and loneliness on his face is heart-breaking.

Another "From the beginning" summary, courtesy of David R on the old CBR:

Alpha Flight #5

"What Fools These Mortals Be"

1st appearance: Elizabeth Twoyoungmen

What can I say: another stunning cover. I read 16 Pucks on there. Each cover now seems to be showcasing an individual Alphan. Cool. Note the word "PUCK!" is all hairy---just like the man himself.

Most of #5 shows our hero Puck still in hospital, recovering from injuries incurred in #2. His fellow teammate Shaman is his doctor, and Judd is coming along nicely from his near-disembowlment. The nurses at the hospital all fancy him......nice for a guy named after a hockey puck!! Puck, that lady-killer! Judd soon finds himself embroiled in a drug-ring taking place late at night. People are stealing pharmaceuticals from there and selling them. Needless to say, Puck sneaks onto their van and confronts the bad-guys--Canadian style! There is no super-villain in #5, just Puck doing his duty to uphold the law and keep the streets clean of drugs. Remember kids, JUST SAY NO!

Origins of Alpha Flight: This installment we delve into the backstory of Dr. Michael Twoyoungmen, aka SHAMAN! We learn Michael is a renowned physician in Canada---possibly the best doctor of his time. However, Michael has turned his back on his Indian roots, and has no interest in his grandfather, who desires him to learn the old ways and become a shaman. Michael has a wife and daughter...a young girl named Elizabeth Twoyoungmen. He deeply loves them. Elizabeth has a friend named Heather McNeil, who will eventually marry Guardian. Eventually, Michael's wife becomes sick (probably cancer, though we never know for sure.) The mother dies young, and young Elizabeth is angered at her passing---and feelings that her father lied to her that mom would be okay. We then learn a dark omen....Michael's grandfather died on that same day. A lightning bolt strikes across the night-sky!
    Last edited by Nevets; 07-05-2014 at 08:25 AM.