Page 96 of 127 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1897
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I think Alpha Flight could get bumped I mean they film all these movies in Montreal & Vancouver... Alpha Flight makes alot of sense

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Probably moreso than the Flight fans, lbr. We'll probably see some version of the Kyle/Yost bus incident in the next 15 years. Alpha Flight is somewhere behind the third Gambit movie in terms of priority.
    Kinberg did specifically say they would consider AF (and X-23 solo) after the current crop of movies (Deadpool 2, NM, X-Force, X7 and Gambit). As I said, I could see someone like Edgar Wright* take an interest in the characters (and unlike Marvel, Fox would be more willing to let Wright do his thing with the characters).

*ok I don't know why I think Edgar Wright will be interested in Alpha Flight other than the fact that he has shown interest in Marvel characters before and did a brilliant job with that other amazing Canadian comic character

What are the chances of my other directorial pick, Xavier Dolan, being interested again?

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    I think Alpha Flight could get bumped I mean they film all these movies in Montreal & Vancouver... Alpha Flight makes alot of sense
    That does make sense.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 02-26-2017 at 07:27 AM.

Consider an AF film? Sure. Actually make? I'm not gonna hold my breath.

I also half-fear one or both the twins wouldn't make it into an AF movie. The franchise already has a popular speedster in Quicksilver and, R-rated Deadpool and Wolverine or not, I have my doubts about Fox risking an openly gay character on the screen.

Consider an AF film? Sure. Actually make? I'm not gonna hold my breath.

I also half-fear one or both the twins wouldn't make it into an AF movie. The franchise already has a popular speedster in Quicksilver and, R-rated Deadpool and Wolverine or not, I have my doubts about Fox risking an openly gay character on the screen.
    Out of the three superhero universe studios, I actually think Fox is the most likely to include an LGBT character precisely because of the R-rating and they don't seem to be as hung up as Marvel and WB/DC over conservative markets like China. Even Reynolds is pushing for a more... (would omnisexual be the word?) Deadpool in D2. Let's see how that shakes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Out of the three superhero universe studios, I actually think Fox is the most likely to include an LGBT character precisely because of the R-rating and they don't seem to be as hung up as Marvel and WB/DC over conservative markets like China. Even Reynolds is pushing for a more... (would omnisexual be the word?) Deadpool in D2. Let's see how that shakes out.
    Yeah, there's been speculation floating around about Wade getting an ex-boyfriend or something like that in the next movie, but the source links all go back to the same rumor post. We'll have to see how that goes. The other point in favor of is that the X-Men franchise really hasn't been geared toward kids; it seems to be aiming at tweens and older, especially lately. Possibly it's because they can't count on a big merchandising pay-off like the DisMarvel properties, so they're just less concerned overall about being perceived as family-friendly.

Just got the Alpha Flight omnibus. She's a beauty.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

i would love Alpha Flight. will we see one not soon lol. just like another ongoing
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by danelway View Post
    Just got the Alpha Flight omnibus. She's a beauty.
    Alpha Flight Omnibus? I know there was a Byrne one - but not one specific to Alpha Flight? Is this new or old?
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Alpha Flight Omnibus? I know there was a Byrne one - but not one specific to Alpha Flight? Is this new or old?
    It's new. Full Byrne run, the first issue of Mantlo and a ton of extras. This thing is massive. Presented with my equally massive cat for scale:

It's new. Full Byrne run, the first issue of Mantlo and a ton of extras. This thing is massive. Presented with my equally massive cat for scale:

awww, massive Catty is not impressed with massive AF (I love black cats).
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    awww, massive Catty is not impressed with massive AF (I love black cats).
    Massive kitty has lived with me too long for books to be at all exciting. He might freak out if he woke up and saw an empty spot on one of my shelves, though.

Our podcast (that includes the X-Men Animated series) and Alpha Flight writer, James Hudnall (among many other interviews!) is here:
    http://comicreliefpodcast.com/archives/1375

There is no Alpha Flight without Byrne, so it's that one.

Quote Originally Posted by danelway View Post
    There is no Alpha Flight without Byrne, so it's that one.
    Sorry, I meant there's an actual Byrne Omnibus.

Sorry, I meant there's an actual Byrne Omnibus.
    No worries, I might have to get that one as well.