Page 116 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1897

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    How would AF fans feel is Mac had to give up the Guardian mantle and took more of a Prof X kind of role leading the team from the background? I had this idea of Mac not being able to use the suit anymore because of all the damage he has taken over the years catching up to him, and him having to find someone to take up the mantle while he becomes the head of Dept H.
    I'd be very interested to see Mac and Heather heading an independent (or at least only very loosely affiliated with the government) Alpha Flight with Heather as field leader and Mac and newly-powerless Walter as their R&D dept. I've never found Mac a very compelling character - literally the most interesting thing about him was always the ripple effects of his death(s). Slapping a meaningful limitation on him would be the most character development he's had in decades, so I'd be all for it. And there's little chance he'd get done as dirty as Bochsie was so...

(Yes, I'm still bitter about that.)

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post

I loved this story line. It introduced Diamond Lil to the team as a member/ally, and made Talisman the star, albeit for a short while before she was lobotomized.

BANNED

Northstar #2 May 1994
    "Fast and Furious!"
    Northstar, having arrived in Paris, searches for his friend Mariel at her appartment where Arcade attacks him.

Script by Simon Furman, art by Dario Carrasco, Jr., Mark McKenna and Brian Kane

Comic Geek in General

[QUOTE=Anduinel;4379261]I'd be very interested to see Mac and Heather heading an independent (or at least only very loosely affiliated with the government) Alpha Flight with Heather as field leader and Mac and newly-powerless Walter as their R&D dept. I've never found Mac a very compelling character - literally the most interesting thing about him was always the ripple effects of his death(s). Slapping a meaningful limitation on him would be the most character development he's had in decades, so I'd be all for it. And there's little chance he'd get done as dirty as Bochsie was so...

(Yes, I'm still bitter about that.)[/QUOTE

Mac as a behind the scenes person......could help his family life.....have they mentioned on panel the fact he’s Wolverine’s cousin?

I’d see both him and Walter doing the Dr Pym role, maybe with Shaman as team Doctor, while Talisman is the active sorceress......and of course the team needs Puck, Northstar, Aurora and Marrina......
    Last edited by Decoy; 06-03-2019 at 03:48 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikeydiaz81 View Post
    I loved this story line. It introduced Diamond Lil to the team as a member/ally, and made Talisman the star, albeit for a short while before she was lobotomized.
    I have no idea what's going on in the scene (I assume that Colossus and Wolverine are mind-controlled or something, 'cause holding someone down so Wolverine can claw up her face seems a bit out of character...), but gosh, I miss Diamond Lil! She was a fun character (in a kind-of-terrible costume...).

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I have no idea what's going on in the scene (I assume that Colossus and Wolverine are mind-controlled or something, 'cause holding someone down so Wolverine can claw up her face seems a bit out of character...), but gosh, I miss Diamond Lil! She was a fun character (in a kind-of-terrible costume...).

Alternate Earth where the heroes are Evil. I recall reading this run of ALPHA at the time and not appreciating it because of John Calimee's artwork. But in retrospect, I see the good in it.

Alpha Flight: True North coming in September: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...h-alpha-flight

As much as I like the classic team, it would be lovely to see a new series that explored some other Canadian superheroes and villains.

D0219177-4D89-4054-A59E-902A3916F7E6.jpg

Jim Zub's been kind enough to offer us a little tidbit to whet the appetite - https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/1142151503664357377

So yeah, definitely getting Liz as Talisman. Looks like she might be in the costume from the Omega Flight LS.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Jim Zub's been kind enough to offer us a little tidbit to whet the appetite - https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/1142151503664357377

So yeah, definitely getting Liz as Talisman. Looks like she might be in the costume from the Omega Flight LS.
    My loins have begun to quiver uncontrollably.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

BANNED

Alpha Flight #11 Jun 1984
    "Set-Up!" Part 1 of 2.
    In Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Delphine Courtney recruits Roger Bochs for her project,
    though Bochs has his own thoughts on the plan and secretly attempts to contact Guardian.

In Ottawa, Heather Hudson bids a wistful goodbye to her home of ten years to move to a new home in New York.
    In New York, in a top office in one of the towers of the World Trade Center, the former Beta and Gamma Flight
    members that Courtney recruited are meeting their benefactor, Jerome Jaxon, who reveals his motivation
    for forming their team as revenge against James Hudson and Alpha Flight for ruining their prospects.

At the airport, Hudson goes to pick up his arriving wife, but finds Jaxon's calling card instead.
    Realizing his job with Roxxon was all part of Jaxon's revenge plan and that now his wife has been taken hostage,
    he flies straight to the tower where Jaxon's message directs him. Believing his force field will protect him from
    whatever Jaxon thows at him, he's surprised to be confronted with the newly formed Omega Flight.

Story and art by John Byrne.

BANNED

Back-up feature: The Origins of Alpha Flight.
    "Unleash the Beast!" Starring Sasquatch.

Walter Langkowski was a friend of Bruce Banner's in college nearly two decades ago.
    Since then he sought to follow in Banner's footsteps in gamma research.
    Three of the intervening years were spent playing pro football, but when the news broke three years
    ago that Banner was the Hulk, he rededicated himself to his research. He got a job with Department H
    and secured a private lab in the Arctic Circle to experiment in creating a gamma-enhanced being like
    the Hulk under controlled circumstances. Now, when he finally applies his findings to himself,

he transforms into a furry orange beast and goes on a rampage. Snowbird flies in to check on Walter
    and worries that the experiments have the potential to unleash the Great Beasts imprisoned beneath the region.

By then, Walter has returned to human form. She finds him lying in the snow at the end of his trail of destruction
    and takes him to Dr.Twoyoungmen. During his recovery, Langkowski wonders which factors, be it abnormal cosmic
    ray acticity or his own unique biology, may have contributed to his transformation breaking from the predicted model.
    Snowbird takes the responsibility of training him to master his beastly other self

and James Hudson tells him he'll need both forms when they return to the mission of reclaiming Wolverine from the X-Men.

Story and art by John Byrne.

BANNED

Northstar #3 Jun 1994
    "The Quick and the Dead!"
    Northstar battles mind-controlled circus performers in Russia, knowing he is in a predicament,
    as, although they are his enemies, he must not harm them since they are attacking him against their will.
    He thinks back to his days in the circus where he also was sort of a terrorist, pressing for the separation of Quebec from Canada.

After getting away from the circus performers, he finds himself confronted by Weapon P.R.I.M.E., who still intend on bringing Jean-Paul in.

However, they must team up to stop the mind-controlled circus performers, so while Yeti, Killspree and Double Trouble defend themselves,
    Northstar and Tigerstryke take to the air, where Tigerstryke uses his battle suit to detect the source of the mind-control.

He then destroys it.

In the wreckage, Jean-Paul finds a tarot card for a shop in New Orleans, and takes off before Weapon P.R.I.M.E. can arrest him,
    angering Tigerstryke. Arriving at the magic shop, Jean-Paul is rendered unconscious by another of Arcade’s robots
    and wakes in a reconstruction of a destroyed Quebec City Bus Terminal - which he played a part in the bombing of.

“Zombies” force him to admit his guilt, before he is attacked by yet another group of super beings.
    Meanwhile, Arcade contacts his current employer in Canada, and decides that if Weapon P.R.I.M.E.
    continue to interfere in his plans, then Canada will be without its newest super team.

Script by Simon Furman, art by Dario Carrasco, Jr., Tim Dzon, and Danny Bulanadi

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday John Lindley Byrne!!!

Alpha Flight #12 Jul 1984
    "...And One must Surely Die!" Part 2 of 2.
    Guardian has put out the call for the first time in months to bring Alpha Flight together.
    One by one, the members that hear the signal converge, catch-up, and in the case of Sasquatch
    and the estranged Beaubier twins, work out their aggressions. With no time to waste,
    Shaman uses his magic to teleport the team to Guardian's location in New York where the battle with Omega Flight is in progress.

Unfortunately, Snowbird quickly loses strength and seems to rapidly age due to her life being tied to the land of Canada.
    Smart Alec snatches Shaman's bag while he's distracted by Narya's condition
    and looks inside, only to lose his mind to the incomprehensible space inside.

Meanwhile, Heather Hudson is being held elsewhere in the tower by Delphine Courtney and made to watch a pre-recorded message
    from Jerome Jaxon explaining how her husband ruined his life, leading to his elaborate revenge plot against Guardian and all of Alpha Flight.
    Heather tries to fight past Courtney to find her husband, accidentally ripping off Courtney's face and revealing her to be a robot.
    Courtney is unconcerned and leaves to assist Jaxon, giving Heather an opportunity to escape her holding room and search for James.

During the battle, Box drives Guardian away from the group for a private confrontation. Hudson can't believe that his friend and colleague
    Roger Bochs would turn on him like this, but Box reveals that the robotic unit is actually being remotely controlled by Jaxon himself.
    He promises to defeat Guardian personally and succeeds in ripping off his control helmet and damaging the suit,
    but Guardian uses wires from his own power pack to overload Box and fry Jaxon's mind through the neural link.
    Though he won the fight, Guardian has only a few seconds to dismantle his damaged suit before it melts down on him.
    He just about succeeds when Heather bursts into the room looking for him,
    distracting him at the last second, costing him his life as the suit explodes.

Story and art by John Byrne http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....ay_john_byrne/.

Looks like Guardian is appearing in Marvel Comics #1000:

BANNED

I am very grateful that the character is depicted with his helmet mask and white lenses