Page 121 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 1897

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Zub's was definitely the best of three stories, and Brisson's the worst. Let him do the team in an ongoing and lets see Snowbird interact with Snowguard.
    That would be the most adorable thing. Also, Jim Zub had this to say about his upcoming workload over on Twitter:

Hey gang, the word is out with Marvel's revised solicits-
    I'm no longer co-writing IRON MAN.
    Issue #16 is my last one with @DanSlott and the crew.

Another major Marvel project came up, absolute bucket list stuff, and I had to drop something to make it work. My apologies.

Working on the series was a blast, but solo writing a series I've always wanted to tackle had to take priority over co-writing a series already tightly planned out.
    Trying not to get too hyped and failing...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    That would be the most adorable thing. Also, Jim Zub had this to say about his upcoming workload over on Twitter:

Trying not to get too hyped and failing...
    If it's Alpha Flight . . . I hope he'll be able to get the Hudsons in a better place than where they were left.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Follow up tweet:
    With Champions wrapping up and my commitment to Iron Man finished, this is my first time without a
    @TomBrevoort
    -edited project going since Thunderbolts in May 2016.

It feels...weird.

Tom,
    @AlannaWrites
    and the Avengers office crew have been so supportive.
    I owe them, big time.
    It's not Avengers office. AF of course is X office, so I'll be surprised if it's not that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm a bit late since I just read the issue, but the Heather part left me a bit... uncomfortable? I thought they would drop that plot.

I liked the Puck and Marrina story. The twins were gold.

https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/1171463142871687168

As Champions wraps up Oct, some readers were asking what I have coming up, comic-wise:

• BLACK PANTHER and the AGENTS of WAKANDA (ongoing, launches Sept 18)
    • RICK and MORTY VS D&D II (4-issue mini, launches Sept 18)
    • D&D: INFERNAL TIDES (5-issue mini, launches Nov 20)

• Secret Project 1 (mini-series-event, launching Dec)
    • Secret Project 2 (ongoing, launching Feb)

Oh, and neither of those secret projects are the Avengers video game prequel stories just announced. I wasn't 100% sure when they were being announced, so I didn't have them on my list...

More exciting announcements to come!

Yes, both secret projects are at Marvel.
    So the bucket list book will be released in February. It'll be announced in November, then.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I was hoping that the last panel in Brisson’s story was to say “To be continued in Alpha Flight #1 in Spring 2020. Alas, not yet but there is hope. I agree that Zub would be ideal.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/1171463142871687168

So the bucket list book will be released in February. It'll be announced in November, then.
    Maybe we'll get a tease at NYCC ahead of the November solits, but that would be pretty early. Phoo.

Alpha Flight Reference from Marvel Comics 1000
    Attached Images Attached Images

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ogrebear View Post
    Alpha Flight Reference from Marvel Comics 1000
    Oh, yeah, that page. That was a good one. Maybe Ewing's planning something with Alpha Flight, too?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Alpha Flight #14 Sep 1984
    "Biology Class"
    In the Yukon, Shaman finds an exhausted Snowbird wandering about and reminds her that she still needs to rest to recover
    from her near-death experience outside the border, and that though she has the wisdom of the gods available to her soul,
    her mind and body still have only six years of experience in her current form so she could stand to heed his advice.

As they leave, something dark begins to seep from the stone where Snowbird had been leaning.

In Vancouver, Aurora is getting out of the shower when she's shocked to see
    the image of an enraged Jeanne Beaubier in the mirror, screaming to be let out.

Meanwhile at Ontario Place, Eugene Judd and Heather McNeil are having lunch discussing Heather's efforts to pull her life together when
    a scream coming from the lake draws them out to find a panicking mother whose baby was suddenly pulled into the water along with the stroller.

Knowing Judd can't swim, Heather dives into the lake to attempt a rescue, but finds only the abandoned stroller before something grabs her leg
    and nearly kills her as well. Judd is able to pull her from the water and get her to a hospital.
    He later learns from the police that this was part of a string of grisly murders occurring near the water going back ten months.
    Going on a hunch, he calls in Marrina, interrupting Namor's proposal to her,
    and together they piece together that another of the creatures hatched from the same brood as her might be going berserk beneath the lake.

And at the site of Fort Calgary, Elizabeth Twoyoungmen is on an archaeological dig when she
    uncovers a human skull that briefly manifests a frightening appartion that screams "Revenge!!".

Story and art by John Byrne.

BANNED

Given their history with the X-Men, it’s a shame Alpha Flight has been absent from all the HoxPox/DoX stuff. Northstar, Aurora, and Puck would fit nicely on Krakoa, at least part time.

Northstar is going to show up sooner or later. He was on the huge cast list, so at least we know he wasn't completely forgotten in the planning. Puck isn't a mutant, so he needs a hall pass if he wants to visit. Aurora is in a weird spot. By all rights, I think she should be on Alpha Flight without her brother, both because it makes sense narratively that he's taken his own path and because, writing wise, it'd be nice if she could be developed as her own character and not Jean-Paul's motivation or the crazy spare twin. But it seems like precious few writers can think of anything to do with her outside of those very narrow boundaries.

BANNED

I think Puck’s friendship with Wolverine and his stint with X-Force would get him access. I’m not sure how invested he’d be in the whole Krakoan thing but he’d probably still want to have a looksy at the island.

If the twins split up, I’d rather see Northstar in Canada with AF and his husband while Aurora gets the spotlight on an X-Men team.

My ultimate preference would be for the twins to be united on Krakoa, but if they have to split, I'd much rather Northstar stay with the X-Men. He's always disliked being part of Alpha Flight, while for Aurora, AF has always represented freedom from the drudgery and abuse of her old life (which should say something about just how bad that was). Besides, things didn't go so well for JP and Kyle last time they were in Canada, so I can't say I blame them for putting a border between them and Dept H.

The thing with Northstar in Alpha Flight, though, is it feels like there's some big fish, small pond syndrome going on. So far as character goes, he's more suited to the X-Men, but there are so many characters and only so much page room on the X-Book side of things, so he doesn't get a lot of focus. Whereas there's a small roster on Alpha Flight, which means he generally gets more focus when he does show up there, but there are limited opportunities for growth given the team dynamic. I mean, as much as I love Northstar getting to be right, time and again, about how the team shouldn't trust the Canadian government, it is pretty one-note.

BANNED

True, and we only ever get Alpha Flight content once in a blue moon, so even if Northstar is on a bloated X-Men roster, it’s probably better to see him in a book consistently than go months(or years) with nothing.