Page 84 of 127 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1897

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    So what if Marvel told you to come up with a 5 man (or woman) team of existing members of Alpha Flight to be in a book.

What 5 characters from Alpha Flight would you pick?
    Probably 5 is not enough for a team but I would pick:
    - Vindicator (Heather Hudson)
    - Box (Madison Jeffries)
    - Talisman
    - Puck
    - Sasquatch
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

Box is the robot guy, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fordel View Post
    Box is the robot guy, right?
    Yes.
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

Yea, that guy was pretty rad on paper.

I was always disappointed with most of his more modern appearances though, where he just walked around like a dude and sorta waved his hands around to maybe make machines do something. Boooooring! So much potential wasted there.

The way I understand this dudes power, is he can basically manipulate just about any and all technology to suit his needs, even from basic raw materials given the time. He can also become the literal Ghost in the Machine and 'posses' the tech he is manipulating. So we got a dude, who could go sit in an ordinary car and have it become a bloody Autobot at his leisure! Turn a plane into a Valkyrie! He could Metroplex the Helicarrier.

Yet the last few times I saw him, the most interesting thing he was doing was using random conduits as tentacles and using sheet metal as armor, /twirl

Sorry, I don't actually have a point. Just sorta frustrated at a powerset that should be way cooler both visually and conceptually being underutilized.

Please continue your lists

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Guardian
    Vindicator
    Northstar
    Aurora
    Sasquatch
    Not too exciting, I know. But the classics always work best for me...
    Hah! Nothing wrong at all! That's a good team! A bit of a double set going on too (Guardian/Vindicator and Aurora/Northstar)

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    Probably 5 is not enough for a team but I would pick:
    - Vindicator (Heather Hudson)
    - Box (Madison Jeffries)
    - Talisman
    - Puck
    - Sasquatch
    Heh - five not being enough was sort of the point. Because it makes it much more difficult to narrow down who would be on the team if it really was just a limited (low) number.

I had to pound this around in my head for a bit, and think my team would be:

Vindicator (Mac)
    Sasquatch
    Snowbird
    Shaman
    Aurora

(I battled around Northstar or Aurora... Keep Northstar, for the potential of developing a homosexual character further... or keep Aurora because of the mental stability issues...)

I finally went with Aurora because Northstar gets a lot of exposure in X-Men titles now.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Fordel View Post
    Yea, that guy was pretty rad on paper.
    I was always disappointed with most of his more modern appearances though, where he just walked around like a dude and sorta waved his hands around to maybe make machines do something. Boooooring! So much potential wasted there.
    The way I understand this dudes power, is he can basically manipulate just about any and all technology to suit his needs, even from basic raw materials given the time. He can also become the literal Ghost in the Machine and 'posses' the tech he is manipulating. So we got a dude, who could go sit in an ordinary car and have it become a bloody Autobot at his leisure! Turn a plane into a Valkyrie! He could Metroplex the Helicarrier.
    Yet the last few times I saw him, the most interesting thing he was doing was using random conduits as tentacles and using sheet metal as armor, /twirl
    Sorry, I don't actually have a point. Just sorta frustrated at a powerset that should be way cooler both visually and conceptually being underutilized.
    Please continue your lists
    Hah! No, we can certainly discuss power sets (and our disappointment with them!) I only thought about the list idea, to keep this thread going.
    Folks like to chime in with ideas of what their ideal team would be!

But this is about ALPHA FLIGHT in general - so if we wanna talk power sets of various Alpha Flight members - bring it to the table! I'm ready for dinner!

Spectacular Member Tula's boyfriend's Avatar

If I could only pick 5......but I really think the team needs 7 or 8

Northstar
    Sasquatch
    Shaman
    Snowbir
    Vindicator (Heather Hudson)

Guardian
    Sasquatch
    Snowbird
    Shaman
    Aurora

Quote Originally Posted by Tula's boyfriend View Post
    If I could only pick 5......but I really think the team needs 7 or 8

Northstar
    Sasquatch
    Shaman
    Snowbird
    Vindicator (Heather Hudson)
    Oh, I agree - more WOULD be ideal. But I like the idea of really making someone think, if it was less than ideal amount - WHO would make the cut.

So you prefer Heather over Mac, as Vindicator?

Quote Originally Posted by danelway View Post
    Guardian
    Sasquatch
    Snowbird
    Shaman
    Aurora
    We have pretty much the same team - for your Guardian - we talking Heather or Mac?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    -sigh-

No new Alpha Flight in the near future...
    http://alphaflight.net/showthread.ph...ll=1#post99390
    It's not like it was great outside of the Byrne run. Some Mantlo was fun.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

5? Hmm...

Guardian
    Shaman
    Puck
    Northstar
    Aurora
    Heather can be in the book and not counting the as one of the 5.

5 is really low lol I want the classic line up and maybe a few more added like box and talismen.
    X-Men Forever

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

NEWS FOR YOU ALPHA FLIGHT FANS!

As you know, Captain Marvel will be Earth's front line of defense and will run a space station. It'll be Carol and the Alpha Flight and Abigail Brand!

Familiar Alpha Flight members and new ones. More news coming at NYCC.
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    It's not like it was great outside of the Byrne run. Some Mantlo was fun.
    I agree. Bryne's run was amazing, I thought. (Story and art).
    Mantlo managed to tell SOME good tales, but also did quite a bit of damage to the team.
    Following writers of the original run, I think tried to fix a lot of that (killing Snowbird, making Sasquatch a female in Snowbird's body, etc).

Some folks enjoyed V2 (I did when it first came out, but have since tried to read it, and can't make it through it).
    V3, generally has a bad vibe. (This takes place after - whatever his name was - Bendis was it? - killed Alpha Flight off panel with the Collective).

The most recent volume (after the Chaos War), I think was well received by Alpha Flight fans (because it "reset" Alpha Flight and gave them a new start and a new edge).

So, it'd be nice if someone who has some great story telling (like the writer of the current SINESTRO book, who also happens to be the next UXM writer) and a good, clean artist - got a hold of Alpha Flight and did something with it.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    5? Hmm...
    Guardian
    Shaman
    Puck
    Northstar
    Aurora
    Heather can be in the book and not counting the as one of the 5.
    5 is really low lol I want the classic line up and maybe a few more added like box and talismen.
    Heh - like I said, keeping it at 5 puts it JUST below enough for most people to create their IDEAL team. So it really forces people to pick and make some tough choices. So I always like seeing what people would do with a team if they couldn't have their ideal number of members.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelGuy View Post
    NEWS FOR YOU ALPHA FLIGHT FANS!
    As you know, Captain Marvel will be Earth's front line of defense and will run a space station. It'll be Carol and the Alpha Flight and Abigail Brand!
    Familiar Alpha Flight members and new ones. More news coming at NYCC.
    That seems a bit off... Alpha Flight in space?

If true then they may be representing Canadas interests as Black Panther is representing Wakanda as part of the organization.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-