Page 97 of 127 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1897

Quote Originally Posted by danelway View Post
    No worries, I might have to get that one as well.
    Heh - sorry, didn't mean to show you something that's so expensive.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Our podcast (that includes the X-Men Animated series) and Alpha Flight writer, James Hudnall (among many other interviews!) is here:
    http://comicreliefpodcast.com/archives/1375
    Checked it out, not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by danelway View Post
    Checked it out, not too bad.
    Thank you! If you have any feedback on anything (good or bad!) I am always happy to hear it.

Another comic book creative has fallen on hard times. This time, it's former Alpha Flight writer James Hudnall.

I figured a signal boost for the guy would be appropriate here.

BANNED

So did the original Alpha Flight make one last appearance in anything else besides popping up in the last few issues of the 1990s Wolverine comic?

Funny that the very last issue of Alpha Flight has the Canadian prime minister or whoever telling the team they're disbanded for good again yada but then you see them helping Wolverine out in a couple of the last issues of the 1990s Wolverine comic

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Jon Bogdanove!!!

Alpha Flight #32 Mar 1986
    "Short Story!"
    Heather Hudson takes up the mantle of Vindicator.

But will her first mission out be her last as an old enemy from Puck's past comes back to haunt him and his teammates in Alpha Flight?

Plus, learn the macabre secret origin of Alpha Flight's smallest member.

Story by Bill Mantlo. Art by John Bogdanove https://alchetron.com/Jon-Bogdanove-184637-W and Gerry Talaoc.

Ah, the dreaded Razer story...

Question:
    If the original team had a new series, but Northstar couldn't be
    in it and you had to replace him with a former Alpha Flight character,
    who would you choose?

My answer - definitely Radius, Pathway or Ghost Girl
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post

Question:
    If the original team had a new series, but Northstar couldn't be
    in it and you had to replace him with a former Alpha Flight character,
    who would you choose?

If the mutant twins cannot be used Purple girl, or Spiderwoman Julia Carpenter

Alpha Flight SW.jpg

for male Box/manbot character or Shroud.

this keeps the powers fresh for each member and each one has been on the team in sum way
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 05-20-2017 at 01:38 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Finally made it to this issue yesterday. Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling well and fell asleep before I could finish it. BLASHEPMY.
    Would be nice to me for the Talisman character to show up in a marvel legacy comic this fall.

I'm currently reading through the digital Classic trades and really enjoying it. The stories stand up surprisingly well.

It's a shame the digital issues don't go beyond #29 (with the exception of #39), as I would certainly buy to #65 and maybe beyond.

So when can we see James Hudson getting the team back together, on Earth, and protecting Canada?

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Another comic book creative has fallen on hard times. This time, it's former Alpha Flight writer James Hudnall.
    I figured a signal boost for the guy would be appropriate here.
    Glad to see this was funded... We had him on as a guest, back in Feb 2017 - he was at San Diego Comic Fest. It was a great chance to speak with him. I was unaware of his hard times (he was, however, at the con, in a wheel chair, having lost his right leg). For those interested: http://comicreliefpodcast.com/archives/1375

Question:
    If the original team had a new series, but Northstar couldn't be in it and you had to replace him with a former Alpha Flight character, who would you choose?
    I am not gonna lie, and say I am not curious, of all the characters "punted" in your scenario, you chose Northstar?

At any rate, I'd throw in Witchfire to be his replacement. Mostly because I think it would be an interesting story of Shaman, trying to teach her magic, and keep her balanced on the side of the angels, as she struggles with the pull from the darkness and her heritage with Belasco... could even throw in a side story, of Talisman, being upset that his father is spending so much time to teach her magic, when Talisman has her father abandonment issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugger View Post
    I'm currently reading through the digital Classic trades and really enjoying it. The stories stand up surprisingly well.
    It's a shame the digital issues don't go beyond #29 (with the exception of #39), as I would certainly buy to #65 and maybe beyond.
    Probably because after #29, most Alpha Flight fans, see a lot of bad things happen...

So when can we see James Hudson getting the team back together, on Earth, and protecting Canada?
    Aren't they working for Captain Marvel and all of that, currently?

Yeah, that's mentioned on that page (which is from Civil War II: Choosing Sides).

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Aren't they working for Captain Marvel and all of that, currently?
    Yeah, but they're barely even wallpaper in the current version of the book. At least the last series had writers who either actively gave a damn about the classic AF characters (Gage), or treated them like strong supporting cast (Butters & Fazekis). Stohl's sidelined Aurora, and Puck and Sasquatch are darn near comedy relief.