Page 123 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127 LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 1897
    BANNED

Alpha Flight #17 Dec 1984
    "Dreams Die Hard...!"
    Guest-starring Wolverine and the X-Men (in a flashback). Includes an 8-page excerpt from Uncanny X-Men #109.

At the hospital, Logan and Heather reminisce about their past
    and about how Wolverine defected to the X-Men, forcing Mac to hunt him down as Weapon Alpha.

Judd soon arrives and meets Logan for the first time, though the two start off
    with a mutual respect for their similar reputations as soldiers and adventurers.

They come to the subject of keeping Alpha Flight going after Mac's death and who should lead them.
    Logan pre-emptively declines, but Judd says he had someone else in mind anyway.
    Puck offers the role to Heather, who has been with the project from the start and had been the invisible glue holding the team together.
    She's taken aback, but to fight for her own future as well as her husband's dream, Heather accepts.

Meanwhile in Vancouver, Walter Langkowski reluctantly conducts an experiment on Aurora at her behest to
    remove her mutant genetics while preserving her powers. She comes out of the process apparently healthy,

and to mark the occasion of truly breaking away from her brother, she debuts a new, yellow costume.

Story by John Byrne and Chris Claremont (dialogue on pages 8-11 & 13-16). Art by John Byrne and Terry Austin (inks on pages 8-11 & 13-16).

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Best costume of ALL TIME

Is there a reason why back issues are not being published in Epic form? There are now volumes out for the first runs of the New Mutants and Excalibur, why not Alpha Flight?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Is there a reason why back issues are not being published in Epic form? There are now volumes out for the first runs of the New Mutants and Excalibur, why not Alpha Flight?
    Their popularity doesn't justify it, I'd guess. The only notable run the book ever had was the first couple years of Byrne issues.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    What would you guys say are the best issues from the Alpha Flight run of 1983-1994 (#1-130)?

My choices:

5. Alpha Flight #49 (August, 1987) - "Flesh of My Flesh!"

4. Alpha Flight #100 (September, 1991) - "Decisions of Trust!"

3. Alpha Flight #4 (November, 1983) - "Resolutions!"

2. Alpha Flight #23 (June, 1985) - "Night of the Beast"

1. Alpha Flight #12 (July, 1984) - "...And One Shall Surely Die"

I don't have any specific order, but I love the Dream Queen/Sorcerer's Saga. I love the debut of Talisman (Alpha Flight 19). ...And One Shall Surely Die (Alpha Flight 12), Alpha Flight 104, and Alpha Flight 112.

Did that experiment on Aurora had any effect on her power later on? I can't remember if Byrne follow up on this particular plot?

Quote Originally Posted by perdid06 View Post
    Did that experiment on Aurora had any effect on her power later on? I can't remember if Byrne follow up on this particular plot?
    Mantlo did. He had it so she and Northstar couldn't touch without canceling out each other's powers after that, and she just generally became more unstable.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by perdid06 View Post
    Following Langkowski's experiment I believe Aurora gained photokinetic powers (light rays, concussive bursts, etc.) which she could use without having to be in contact with her brother, Northstar. But Aurora lost a considerable amount of her speed. Before the experiment she was able to theoretically fly/run at near light speeds (~186,000 miles per second; obviously, no physical being would dare attempt that speed in Earth's atmosphere). After the experiment her speed plummeted to around the speed of sound (~767 miles per hour). I'm not sure if any of her powers have changed since.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Following Langkowski's experiment I believe Aurora gained photokinetic powers (light rays, concussive bursts, etc.) which she could use without having to be in contact with her brother, Northstar. But Aurora lost a considerable amount of her speed. Before the experiment she was able to theoretically fly/run at near light speeds (~186,000 miles per second; obviously, no physical being would dare attempt that speed in Earth's atmosphere). After the experiment her speed plummeted to around the speed of sound (~767 miles per hour). I'm not sure if any of her powers have changed since.
    Thanks seem to remember that her powers involved some light healing properties at some point...

Fantastic Member

Huh Wildchild back.
    [IMG]https://i.******.com/originals/fd/74/28/fd7428367f02fc38ecdcd6f820ba01b1.jpg[/IMG]
    BAD IS THE NEW GOOD!
    When Krakoa opened their doors to all mutants and forgave all past crimes, they might have known they’d have to accept some of their worst foes into the fold… but they didn’t plan for what to do with them. Not to worry—Mister Sinister knows what to do with the troublemakers. Meet his new Hellions: Scalphunter, Wild Child, Empath, Nanny, Orphanmaker, Psylocke…and Havok?! Under Sinister’s direction, they are sure to become productive members of mutant society. Writer Zeb Wells (AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, NEW MUTANTS) and artist Stephen Segovia (WOLVERINE: MANIFEST DESTINY, SUPERIOR CARNAGE) bring you the team you’re going to hate to love!
    Last edited by brer rabbit; 01-13-2020 at 12:49 PM.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Their popularity doesn't justify it, I'd guess. The only notable run the book ever had was the first couple years of Byrne issues.
    Epic Collections would be the perfect (and probably only) way to finally collect the post-Byrne issues, as it's highly unlikely they'd sell enough copies to warrant an omnibus.

As it stands, the only ones that have been collected are a handful of Infinity Gauntlet/War crossovers.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Post-Byrne issues for an omnibus is to me horrible IMO Epic Collections is the only way to go.

I kind of want a new ongoing in 2021....yeah, you know what I'm manifesting it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I kind of want a new ongoing in 2021....yeah, you know what I'm manifesting it.
    As long as Talisman is on the team.

BANNED

As soon as Kevin Feige let's it know that Alpha Flight will make their debut in the MCU, then they will get an ongoing.