Page 101 of 127 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1897

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Has any book ever resolved the situation they left Heather in at the end of the last Alpha Flight mini series? It ended with her mind still being messed up and her murdering her cousins in cold blood and running off with her and Mac's kid.
    Heather was back to normal and still married to Mac as of the "World War Wendigo" arc of Amazing X-Men. The events of the 2011 AF series were brushed off with "It's been a difficult year" or something along those lines. Good riddance.

BANNED

Alpha Flight #4 Nov 1997
    Mesmerized
    The senior members return from Orloo to find the younger members have left with Sunfire.

Coordinator Proctor visits Miss DeLaSalle at Hull House and takes Lilli, who has powers, with him.

The senior team members find the younger ones at the diner. They have been mesmerized.

Script by Steve Seagle, pencils by Scott Clark and Martin Egeland, inks by Chris Carlson and Howard M Shum

BANNED

Alpha Flight #5 Dec 1997
    Mesmerized Part Two
    Alpha Flight battles each other under the influence of Mesmero.

Diamond Lil arrives at Department H to check on her husband, Madison Jefferies who went missing in issue #1.

Alpha Flight finally overcomes Mesmero's powers but he escapes.

Script by Steve Seagle, pencils by Brian Denham and Scott Clark, inks by Chris Carlson

Oh man that 90‘s Art...

What happened to Alpha Flight in this series is painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogrebear View Post
    Oh man that 90‘s Art...

What happened to Alpha Flight in this series is painful.

The government conspiracy angle was novel but so surprisingly awkwardly executed by Seagle - who was SO much better during the same period on X-MEN - and with disappointing artwork by Clark - who didn't appear to be ready for a full time monthly art duties - left a lot to be desired and is hard to appreciate even in retrospect.
    Trying to think of any hidden treasures in that volume? Perhaps Wolverine's potential bastard son, in Flex?
    Hard to even think of it as "cancelled too soon" as this article suggests
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/artic...2/1100-142794/

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The government conspiracy angle was novel but so surprisingly awkwardly executed by Seagle - who was SO much better during the same period on X-MEN - and with disappointing artwork by Clark - who didn't appear to be ready for a full time monthly art duties - left a lot to be desired and is hard to appreciate even in retrospect.
    Trying to think of any hidden treasures in that volume? Perhaps Wolverine's potential bastard son, in Flex?
    Hard to even think of it as "cancelled too soon" as this article suggest
    My opinion is the exact opposite, I always found Seagle's Uncanny X-Men to be average at best (especially compared to Kelly who at the same time was kicking ass on adjectiveless) while his first year on Alpha Flight was highly entertaining. I loved the government conspiracy angle and all the mysteries the series was filled with. Agreed about Scott Clark's art though, was never a fan of his although his most recent painted artwork is a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    My opinion is the exact opposite, I always found Seagle's Uncanny X-Men to be average at best (especially compared to Kelly who at the same time was kicking ass on adjectiveless) while his first year on Alpha Flight was highly entertaining. I loved the government conspiracy angle and all the mysteries the series was filled with. Agreed about Scott Clark's art though, was never a fan of his although his most recent painted artwork is a lot better.
    I enjoyed the story in the 90's Alpha Flight run... but that art... I frequently go back and re-read my old comics I loved... And I can never make a second reading through this because the art is ... Clark was better than Rouleau though... I could tolerate the 90's Clark art... but Rouleau's wonky art is where I can never get past it...
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

BANNED

I miss Puck's mustache.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Hard to even think of it as "cancelled too soon" as this article suggests
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/artic...2/1100-142794/

I liked the government conspirancy angle, however, the art and the completly unoriginal new members really killed this series for me. I mean, the team was so, soooooo, underpowered (Radius actually believed he was a big gun for the team). It was like Force Works all over again. In the first issue they take out the character I find most interesting (Wonder Man in Force Works, Jeffries in AF), and the focus of the series shifts to the character I find least interesting (Wanda in FW, Heather in AF). It became the Heather show, with a copy of Mac (my favorite AFer), a (literal) copy of Walter and Puck once again "yawn" pinning for Heather. Artwise, it actually got better once Duncan Rouleau came on board (if you can believe it), but the story took a dive with most mysteries concluding in a total anticlimatic and stupid way. A series that had a lot of potential, but that, IMHO, suffered from poor execution.

Peace

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I liked the government conspirancy angle, however, the art and the completly unoriginal new members really killed this series for me. I mean, the team was so, soooooo, underpowered (Radius actually believed he was a big gun for the team). It was like Force Works all over again. In the first issue they take out the character I find most interesting (Wonder Man in Force Works, Jeffries in AF), and the focus of the series shifts to the character I find least interesting (Wanda in FW, Heather in AF). It became the Heather show, with a copy of Mac (my favorite AFer), a (literal) copy of Walter and Puck once again "yawn" pinning for Heather. Artwise, it actually got better once Duncan Rouleau came on board (if you can believe it), but the story took a dive with most mysteries concluding in a total anticlimatic and stupid way. A series that had a lot of potential, but that, IMHO, suffered from poor execution.

Peace
    I agree with you. It's a shame Jeffries was removed so quickly.
    I don't think Radius was underpowered, he was pretty much exactly the same as Unus the Untouchable in power set. Although his power made him redundant, since Diamond Lil had a very similar power. Radius and Murmur could have been replaced by Diamond Lil and Purple Girl, imo.
    Unus, Radius and Unuscione the Acolyte would/could have been another big family of mutants
    His half brother Flex is the one who shouldnt have existed imo, just due to ugly design.

I still think it was a pretty good book except for the art.

Fantastic Member

Everyone pretty soon I am about to commission some art of Alpha Flight members cosplaying as characters from One Piece and I want your help in which of the Alpha Flights pick what characters they want to choose.

Note: The positions for Vivi, Franky, Tony Tony Chopper, Nami, Zoro or Zolo, Jimbei, and Sanji have already been pick and some members of Alpha Flight won't be in the commission such Guardian, Snowbird, Bochs, none the members from Vol.2 and 3 (except Ghost Girl and Radius and they have been pick)

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I loved everything about Seagle's Alpha Flight. Until Rouleau.

I will tolerate sub-par art for a loooong time on series' that are written well and/or feature my favorite characters, but Rouleau was the straw that broke this camels back. I dropped the book and didn't bother tracking down my missing issues until years later. I think the story still holds up, and would buy a collection if Marvel ever released one (fat chance!), but that mess they tried to pass as "art" still hurts my eyes!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

It took some getting used to thats for sure.

I really hope that puck Sasquatxh and Auroura can leave Captain Marvel soon. Under CB im hoping some new books come including Alpha Flight(its a big hope)
    X-Men Forever

Fantastic Member

One day Alpha Flight shall be restore to it's full might!
    [IMG]Alpha Flight.jpg[/IMG]

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    One day Alpha Flight shall be restore to it's full might!
    [IMG]Alpha Flight.jpg[/IMG]
    With hope yes they will.
    X-Men Forever