Page 111 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1897
    BANNED

Alpha Flight #17 Dec 1998
    Tokyo Takedown
    Sunfire returns to Department H for answers about his "radiation poisoning" and is not happy.
    Big Hero 6 calls for help when X the Unknowable attacks an amusement park in Japan.

Sunfire leaves to help and Alpha follows;
    Meanwhile, Northstar meets Sasquatch and Shaman outside the Dapartment H headquarters looking for his sister,

but they warn him about going inside;
    Dr Huxley, having been treated unkindly by the new director, heads to the basement and his super-secret creation, the new Weapon X.

Unfortunately, Weapon X has escaped.

Script by Steve Seagle and Duncan Rouleau (Assists), pencils by Duncan Roulea and Gus Vazquez (Assists), inks by Rob Hunter and Joe Rubinstein

Fantastic Member

WOW when someone write about Alpha Flight it's usually about the John Byrne era but Al Ewing apparently remember there are other runs of the book like Bill Mantlo.

I LOVED the DreamQueen name drop and Puck age.

The last I saw of Heather she was still evil and on the run with her baby. Has she made any appearances since the last AF series?

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    The last I saw of Heather she was still evil and on the run with her baby. Has she made any appearances since the last AF series?
    Yeah, in Amazing X-Men. She was fine, and brushed off the BS of the last AF series with "It's been a rough year."

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Yeah, in Amazing X-Men. She was fine, and brushed off the BS of the last AF series with "It's been a rough year."
    Thank you, I have fallen behind, but it's nice to know she's back and ok.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I have to believe that Pak & Van Lente had more planned for Heather's arc, and didn't intend to leave it open like that.

That otherwise good series wouldn't be dismissed as BS if they'd been allowed to tell their story without Marvel stealth-canceling the book out from under them.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

A few french covers by Jean Frisano from the 80's:
    Couv_13122.jpgCouv_13126.jpgCouv_13130.jpg

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I have to believe that Pak & Van Lente had more planned for Heather's arc, and didn't intend to leave it open like that.

That otherwise good series wouldn't be dismissed as BS if they'd been allowed to tell their story without Marvel stealth-canceling the book out from under them.
    No it was BS! Such as the decision to turn Kara Killgrave (who was a member of Alpha Fight for years) into a villain for no real reason, and for Heather they had her (under the Master control) brutally behead her cousins forever tainting her just so they can made James top dog again.
    Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Thank you, I have fallen behind, but it's nice to know she's back and ok.
    Yeah that was four years ago Heather has not been seen since (not even in a cameo )
    Last edited by brer rabbit; 01-07-2019 at 07:07 PM.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    No it was BS! Such as the decision to turn Kara Killgrave (who was a member of Alpha Fight for years) into a villain for no real reason, and for Heather they had her (under the Master control) brutally behead her cousins forever tainting her just so they can made James top dog again.
    Pak & Van Lente have a history of respecting continuity. I wasn't crazy about the developments you mention either, but I trust they had a longer game in mind before the book was canceled at the last minute.

I guess we'll never know...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Pak & Van Lente have a history of respecting continuity. I wasn't crazy about the developments you mention either, but I trust they had a longer game in mind before the book was canceled at the last minute.

I guess we'll never know...
    Fair enough I suppose.

Jim Zub, Ed Brisson, and Chip Zdarsky all want to write Alpha Flight. Unfortunately, Marvel isn't interested.
    https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/1083026784596250624
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Jim Zub, Ed Brisson, and Chip Zdarsky all want to write Alpha Flight. Unfortunately, Marvel isn't interested.
    We should write someone to complain about this travesty! Or, you know... just read more Immortal Hulk.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Out of the three Ed Brisson is the one that's most likely to us an amazing Alpha Flight run because his writing style is best suited for them.

THIS is Alpha Flight, the other two would make them too likeable... and too competent they're suppose to be a VERY unstable team.

Alpha Flight exists in the DCU lol
    Young-Justice-Flash-Comic-Alpha-Flight.jpg

I really like Zub and Zdarsky, but the man I want helming the next Alpha Flight relaunch is Al Ewing.