Page 112 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1897

Uncannyxmen.net has a new Spotlight for heather:

https://uncannyxmen.net/characters/vindicator-ii

I love their spotlights.

Unrelated to that, but is Kara going to be a villain in Jessica Jones? I was hoping they were going to ignore that stupidity from vol 4 (a volume I despised).

Yeah, she is. The arc is called Purple Daughter, I think, and that has a dual meaning. Not only could it mean the daughter of the Purple Man, but it can also refer to Danielle Cage, as the cliffhanger of the previous arc was that her usually brown skin has turned purple!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nevets View Post
    Unrelated to that, but is Kara going to be a villain in Jessica Jones? I was hoping they were going to ignore that stupidity from vol 4 (a volume I despised).
    I also HATE that volume... so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, she is. The arc is called Purple Daughter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevets View Post
    is Kara going to be a villain in Jessica Jones?
    As for Kara Killgrave, Kelly Thompson (the who's writing her) refuses to answer that question.
    Last edited by brer rabbit; 01-14-2019 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, she is. The arc is called Purple Daughter, I think, and that has a dual meaning. Not only could it mean the daughter of the Purple Man, but it can also refer to Danielle Cage, as the cliffhanger of the previous arc was that her usually brown skin has turned purple!
    Seems like it's business as usual stuff Marvel

Fantastic Member

the Goofy Grape showed up in Jessica Jones today and she NOT a villain (hopefully) she even gives Jessica some her advice if Dani really is her sister.

Prison really mellow her out.

BANNED

Alpha Flight #6 Jan 1984
    "Snowblind!"
    Chief Inspector Hamilton orders an investigation of Constable Anne McKenzie's absences and restricts her to office duties.
    Further north, an oil rig drills up the beast Kolomaq, embodiment of winter. Snowbird breaks out of her cell to confront him.

Mac muses on Dept. H's dissolution, Alpha Flight's independence from the government, and his role as a superhero.

Returning home, he gets a surprising letter from Roxxon.

Kolomaq recognizes Snowbird as the spirit of the Hodiak and the power of Nelvanna and fights her with snowblindness.

She transforms to a bear, an owl, and a human and fights him,

finally tricking him into causing an avalanche of rock, burying him beneath the tundra again.

Story and art by John Byrne.

BANNED

Back-up feature: The Origins of Alpha Flight.
    "The Old Ways!" Starring Shaman.

Dr. Michael Twoyoungmen opens a bag containing his grandfather's skull and is confronted with his spirit,

who begins teaching him to be a shaman.

His final test is to take pine needles from an empty medicine bag, and when he passes,

Dr. Strange and the Ancient One applaud from New York.

Amazing Member

I love this damn team! So freaking much. I do have to say, though, that my favorite line-up is during the Sorcerer storyline, which included Talisman and Diamond Lil. I even tweeted Chris Yost twice about stabbing Talisman and killing off Lil.

https://twitter.com/yost/status/695672564597792768

https://twitter.com/yost/status/715229568114667520

I also have a huge soft spot for the Beta/Gamma Flight team (Witchfire, Pathway, Manikin, Persuasion & Goblyn). We need more of these Canadians.

I found a website that has all of the issues, including the Annuals and the Special with Saint Elmo, of the original run. I've been rereading and I'm loving it. https://***************.to/Comic/Alpha-Flight-1983 It has some naughty looking ads, so don't open it at work.

If anybody has any nice pics of the Betas or Talisman or Diamond Lil, send them my way, would ya please?

Fantastic Member

Ouch that... that has to hurt.

Also I find it hilarious the Purple Man out of all children he has sired Zebediah views Kara as the favorite despite the fact she is (morally) nothing like him.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

It's been a while since I've been in here but...

Alpha Flight rocks!

BANNED

Alpha Flight #7 Feb 1984
    "The Importance of being Deadly!"
    Northstar has taken his sister, Jeanne-Marie to a doctor, who can't find any problems with her,

but warns him she may develop a third personality.
    In flashback, it is revealed that the twins had been raised separately and were only recently reunited.
    In the street, a mugger takes Jeanne-Marie's purse, triggering her transformation to Aurora. The mugger is bailed out by St. Ives.
    Northstar's dear friend Belmonde takes them to his cafe, which is empty because of St. Ives' harassment.

He wants to buy the cafe, and arrives with thugs. He kills Belmonde with a touch and takes Aurora, mistaking her for Danielle.

In Winnipeg, Alec Thorne meets a woman with an intriguing offer.

BANNED

"Let a Child be Born!" Starring Snowbird and Shaman.

Fifteen years ago at an archaeological dig, a metal headband is found.
    Late that night, Richard Easton dons it and is confronted by the gods (Hodiak, Nelvanna, and Turoq the Shaper).
    He spends one night with a beautified Nelvanna, only to reappear on earth 9 years later.

The experience and loss of time drives him insane.
    Nelvanna then appears to Michael Twoyoungmen,

who helps her give birth to Narya.

She is to fight the beasts that threaten the world.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Love me some Alpha Flight. I really hope marvel can get behind another attempt at an ongoing soon.
    I think they will as soon as they are introduced in the Marvel Cinematic Universe like them Guardians of the Galaxy group.

BANNED

Alpha Flight #8 Mar 1984
    First appearance of Nemesis in "Cold Hands, Cold Heart!"
    Northstar is out for vengeance! His friend has been killed and his sister kidnapped by the villain, Deadly Ernest.
    He shoots through the sky at supersonic speeds before arriving at Ernest's mansion.
    Crashing trough the window, Northstar is surprised at first by the lack of security.

He makes his way to Ernest's office and is surprised to find that his sister, Aurora, seems to be there of her own free will!
    Before he can say anything, he is knocked out from behind. Aurora tells Ernest that Northstar is her cousin.

When Northstar awakes he finds himself in a bedroom with a sword at his throat.
    A new hero, Nemesis, has entered the fray! Northstar explains to her who he is and the two join forces to fight Ernest.
    As the two escape the locked room, Deadly Ernest reveals his origins.

Ernest was a soldier during WW1. He found himself trapped in a trench with mustard gas descending upon him.
    Death approaches him, but Ernest fights her off and wins, granting him immortality.

When a fellow soldier attempts to help him out of the pit, the soldier is killed instantly at Ernest's touch.
    This was the first manifestation of his new powers.

Before Ernest can reveal more, Northstar and Nemesis attack. Seeing the opportunity to end her ruse, Aurora joins them in the attack.
    Nemesis cuts off Ernest's arm and the fight is ended. Northstar pulls off Nemesis' mask and is shocked to find a familiar face
    (it's not revealed who she is in this book though). Nemesis knocks him out and Aurora allows her to leave.

Northstar and Aurora are next scene flying together to tie up some loose ends.
    They come upon Danielle Belmonde where Aurora reveals her to be Ernest's partner.
    Aurora knocks her out and Danielle is seen being taken under arrest by the police.

BANNED

"Genesis!" Starring Snowbird and Shaman.

Years ago, the newlywed Hudsons visit Heather's old family friend Michael Twoyoungmen,

now living out in the wilderness with a mysterious young woman called Narya,
    whom he has been raising since delivering her birth.
    At night, Heather witnesses Narya's transformation to an owl to hunt for a nighttime snack,

leading to Michael confessing to the mystical nature of his activities over the last few years.

Learning about their strange abilities, James offers them a place with Department H.