Page 122 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 1897

I wonder if Dawn of X could be used as a vehicle to push a new Alpha Flight book.
    It's one of the most tangential spin-offs, but if we're getting books titled Marauders and Fallen Angels, a new AF doesn't seem all that unlikely.
    I do think we would get a major change to the team's concept to accommodate a bigger connection to Krakoan affairs.
    What would you guys want to see?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I wonder if Dawn of X could be used as a vehicle to push a new Alpha Flight book.
    It's one of the most tangential spin-offs, but if we're getting books titled Marauders and Fallen Angels, a new AF doesn't seem all that unlikely.
    I do think we would get a major change to the team's concept to accommodate a bigger connection to Krakoan affairs.
    What would you guys want to see?
    I mean, I'm not sure it needs to be a Dawn of X book necessarily. I think its strong enough conceptually to exist without that connection. Were it not for the mutants on the team, most notably Northstar, one could easily avoid it altogether. However, as Jean-Paul and Jeanne-Marie would most likely land on a returned Alpha Flight title, I guess one would expect some acknowledgement on the mutant situation at the very least. I suppose there's no reason Northstar and Aurora couldn't be in full support of Krakoa, or even living there, and still be active members of Alpha Flight, especially if there were a conveniently placed gateway that allowed them to transit between Krakoa & Canada.

I wouldn't want much more beyond that, as the rest of the Alpha Flight core roster don't carry the X-Gene, and I'd much rather the focus be on our beloved mutants when it comes to the wider X-Men narrative

Well, the primary reason Northstar wouldn't be with AF is because he REALLY dislikes being on that team and all the baggage that comes with it. I don't think a guest-appearance now and again would be out of the question, especially if Jeanne-Marie asked it of him, or even for him to be nominally part of the book's roster while not an official member of Alpha Flight. But I think for Jean-Paul to be with the Flight again on a full-time basis would mean something pretty substantial was going on with Krakoa.

I'm still keeping an eye on Jim Zub's social media, just hoping for that announcement...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Well, the primary reason Northstar wouldn't be with AF is because he REALLY dislikes being on that team and all the baggage that comes with it. I don't think a guest-appearance now and again would be out of the question, especially if Jeanne-Marie asked it of him, or even for him to be nominally part of the book's roster while not an official member of Alpha Flight. But I think for Jean-Paul to be with the Flight again on a full-time basis would mean something pretty substantial was going on with Krakoa.

I'm still keeping an eye on Jim Zub's social media, just hoping for that announcement...
    I mean, my thing is that with Northstar not being on one of the Dawn of X ensembles (at least not yet) my assumption has been that he's with Alpha Flight. It's either that or he's not ready to give up his lifestyle with Kyle, which also would make sense. In story, I wouldn't blame JP for wanting to just avoid both, and live out his life the way he wants. We all know he'll be back on the scene eventually though, I just hope it's sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I mean, my thing is that with Northstar not being on one of the Dawn of X ensembles (at least not yet) my assumption has been that he's with Alpha Flight. It's either that or he's not ready to give up his lifestyle with Kyle, which also would make sense. In story, I wouldn't blame JP for wanting to just avoid both, and live out his life the way he wants. We all know he'll be back on the scene eventually though, I just hope it's sooner rather than later.
    Right, and we know he hasn't been entirely forgotten - he was on Hickman's big roster slide, and we're slowly seeing those faces accounted for. And I don't think it's out of the question for him to wind up on roster of a potential Alpha Flight book; I think JDW even confirmed on X-Men Monday a while back that AF is under the purview of the X-Office right now, so it wouldn't be hard to coordinate. But Jean-Paul has been more closely associated with the X-Men than Alpha Flight over the last decade plus, and it would be odd to reverse that just as mutants are getting their day in the sun.

BANNED

Alpha Flight #15 Oct 1984
    "Blind Date"
    The issue begins with Doug Thompson in his home, thinking about his imprisoned love, Anne McKenzie.
    She has recently escaped from prison and he is being implicated as an accomplice.
    His doorbell rings and he goes to check who it is and is surprised Anne outside of his house.
    She comes in and explains to him that Anne Mckenzie is not real and she is, in fact, Snowbird of Alpha Flight.
    She tells him that she has been sent to Earth for a purpose that she can't reveal to him.
    He reveals to her, in turn, that he loves her.

Meanwhile, Puck and Marrina stand at the shore of Lake Ontario.
    They're there to investigate a string of murders. Marrina dives in to begin hunting the killer.
    After swimming around for a while, she comes across an underwater cave.

She is startled by something that the reader can't see.

Back on land Aurora is waking up in her room. Her alter ego, Aurora, has emerged over her Jeanne-Marie persona.
    In order to assert herself, Aurora cuts her hair short hoping to lock away Jeanne-Marie forever.

Back on the shores of Lake Ontario, Puck is confronted by Marrina who has apparently gone feral.
    Marrina attacks, but Puck is able to use his agility to avoid her.
    As the two tussel, Namor the Sub-Mariner suddenly leaps out of the water.
    Thinking Puck the aggressor, Namor attacks and knocks him out.

Marrina then turns her attack on Namor.
    Namor gains the upper hand, but is blindsided by a new combatant.

Meanwhile, Shaman is approached by his daughter. She seems unhappy to see him

and demands that he speak to her only as Shaman, not as her father.

Story by John Byrne. Art by John Byrne and Bob Wiacek.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

"Her only answer is a feral snarl that drives nails of ice down the length of his spine"

...Such beauty and simple, poetic brilliance.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

What would you guys say are the best issues from the Alpha Flight run of 1983-1994 (#1-130)?

My choices:

5. Alpha Flight #49 (August, 1987) - "Flesh of My Flesh!"

4. Alpha Flight #100 (September, 1991) - "Decisions of Trust!"

3. Alpha Flight #4 (November, 1983) - "Resolutions!"

2. Alpha Flight #23 (June, 1985) - "Night of the Beast"

1. Alpha Flight #12 (July, 1984) - "...And One Shall Surely Die"

BANNED

Alpha Flight #16 Nov 1984
    "...And Forsaking all Others...!"
    The Master has abducted Puck and Namor onto his submarine, keeping Namor
    in a tube that robs him of hydration and Puck in a tube that robs him of oxygen.
    He explains how he escaped the destruction of his original ship with this vessel that he had prepared 5000 years ago.

He forces Puck and Namor to bear witness as he reveals a pair of adjoint water tanks
    containing the savage Marrina and the twisted inhuman form of her fellow hatchling.
    The Master opens the partition between the tanks, allowing Marrina and the
    other to engage in a violent struggle as part of their genetic programming.
    While his captor is distracted, Puck uses a mental technique to stop his own heartbeat
    and feign death, tricking the Master into opening his tube and giving him a chance to escape.
    Puck in turn releases Namor from his tube, but Namor desperately needs water.
    Puck rips the Master's helmet off to throw at the glass of Marrina's water tank, but the Master is
    more concerned that the helmet was fused to his head and was his means of controlling the ship.
    As the submarine crashes and a hull breach opens, Namor has to abandon Marrina
    to get Puck to the surface safely and before he can go back down, the ship explodes.
    Namor tries to search for Marrina afterwards but only finds the remains of the other creature.
    Puck reassures him that Marrina is tough and is likely still out there somewhere,
    and he accepts that there's nothing left to do but return to his people.
    After Namor leaves, Puck calls out to Marrina, who was hiding nearby.
    She tells him that it wasn't the Master that made her go berserk,
    it was the other, and she could tell it was made to be her mate.
    She now believes she doesn't belong alongside Namor or humans.
    She sees herself as a monster and leaves to be on her own.

Meanwhile in Moose Jaw, Roger Bochs has called in Madison Jeffries, a technological transmutator once scouted by Department H,

to help him rebuild the Box robot so he can hunt down Jerome Jaxon and Delphine Courtney for revenge.

And in the Toronto hospital where Heather is recovering, she's visited by her old friend, Logan.

Story by John Byrne. Art by John Byrne and Bob Wiacek.

Beautiful artwork… Heather is tall or Logan is small.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Looks like the dream project Zub was hinting at was the new Conan gig, not an AF book. Alas. Happy for him, sad for me.

But at least we know the twins are on Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    What would you guys say are the best issues from the Alpha Flight run of 1983-1994 (#1-130)?
    My choices:
    5. Alpha Flight #49 (August, 1987) - "Flesh of My Flesh!"
    4. Alpha Flight #100 (September, 1991) - "Decisions of Trust!"
    3. Alpha Flight #4 (November, 1983) - "Resolutions!"
    2. Alpha Flight #23 (June, 1985) - "Night of the Beast"
    1. Alpha Flight #12 (July, 1984) - "...And One Shall Surely Die"
    This is going to seem very one sided...

From #5 down to #1...

5. Alpha Flight #106 (The only one that falls out of the norm for my list.... and mostly because of what they did in this issue)
    4. Alpha Flight #27
    3. Alpha Flight #26
    2. Alpha Flight #19
    1. Alpha Flight #1
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

BANNED

Since I like the friendship between the marvel characters Heather and Logan in the comics, I'd want very much to see that also in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.